Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WuDu Rank 22
Rank 22

@Purps 

No problem, the competition has come a long way since it started 3 weeks ago!

Another one that might be easy to add is an indicator that shows whether or not you've beaten Unibet this past week. The ROI for your picks could also be added.

"I only understand friendship or scorched earth."
–Roger Ailes
Purps Rank 21
Rank 21

@WuDu wrote:

@Purps 

Another one that might be easy to add is an indicator that shows whether or not you've beaten Unibet this past week. The ROI for your picks could also be added.


@WuDu  Well those would be easy, not sure how necessary though...

The more I think of the scenario thingy the more problems I see. There's just too many variables ( number of matches can change, the number of the late decider matches likely will change from week to week ), and the big one is obviously that I have to keep the table on read-only-mode for viewers, so I can't make something where everyone could see how they would rank up with certain results of their choice on the remaining matches.

And if I made like a "what if"-table which would list the prize winners on all possible combinations of the remamning matches, already with 3 last matches there would have to be 27 different outcomes lists.

Sorry Happyshy

Livertool Rank 24
Rank 24

Yeah i wouldn't make it too complicated. Results/standings is all i need. After all, it is just freebie supertoto Wink

To bet or not to bet, that is the question.
WuDu Rank 22
Rank 22

@Livertool wrote:

Yeah i wouldn't make it too complicated. Results/standings is all i need. After all, it is just freebie supertoto Wink


@Livertoolin 1999: Internet? High speed connections? I don't need that, I check the football result via teletext..." Rofl

@Purps 

Let me precise it a little bit, although I have to admit, we're quickly approaching gimmick territory. Smile Let's say Livertool is in 8th place and wants to know whether he still has a chance to catch the current 1st place (Jay-z-polski). In order to do that, we assume that Livertool has everything going his way and the current 1st place has everything going against him. So we basically add Livertools remaining odds from the picks that differ from Jay-z-polski. If sum of remaining odds > points, Livertool is trailing behind the 1st place ----> Livertool still has a chance to win and vice versa.

 

"I only understand friendship or scorched earth."
–Roger Ailes
Livertool Rank 24
Rank 24

@WuDu wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

Yeah i wouldn't make it too complicated. Results/standings is all i need. After all, it is just freebie supertoto Wink


@Livertoolin 1999: Internet? High speed connections? I don't need that, I check the football result via teletext..." Rofl

 

 


Actually i still use sometimes teletext. Old habits die hard Rofl And when i do finnish supertoto, they have matches nicely there to be followed Smile

Later i look more closely, from this new thing called interweb, what happened. So like i said, to me just standings are fine. Don't need what ifs or rois. Can do them myself if i have to Wink

To bet or not to bet, that is the question.
Purps Rank 21
Rank 21

@WuDu wrote:

 

Let me precise it a little bit, although I have to admit, we're quickly approaching gimmick territory. Smile Let's say Livertool is in 8th place and wants to know whether he still has a chance to catch the current 1st place (Jay-z-polski). In order to do that, we assume that Livertool has everything going his way and the current 1st place has everything going against him. So we basically add Livertools remaining odds from the picks that differ from Jay-z-polski. If sum of remaining odds > points, Livertool is trailing behind the 1st place ----> Livertool still has a chance to win and vice versa


@WuDu  Yeah I understand that. We would also have to compare Livertool to all the 6 dudes/dudettes between him and JayZee.

But I'll check out what the scenario solver can do and what not later on, just for fun.

I also don't want to make the table any wider, nor the sticky top section any taller. I'll do the match schedule on the right and probably also add the final scores on it, but I think that'll be enough for some time.

Who knows how long this competition will even last...

Peace

WuDu Rank 22
Rank 22

@Purps wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

 

Let me precise it a little bit, although I have to admit, we're quickly approaching gimmick territory. Smile Let's say Livertool is in 8th place and wants to know whether he still has a chance to catch the current 1st place (Jay-z-polski). In order to do that, we assume that Livertool has everything going his way and the current 1st place has everything going against him. So we basically add Livertools remaining odds from the picks that differ from Jay-z-polski. If sum of remaining odds > points, Livertool is trailing behind the 1st place ----> Livertool still has a chance to win and vice versa


@WuDu  Yeah I understand that. We would also have to compare Livertool to all the 6 dudes/dudettes between him and JayZee.

But I'll check out what the scenario solver can do and what not later on, just for fun.

I also don't want to make the table any wider, nor the sticky top section any taller. I'll do the match schedule on the right and probably also add the final scores on it, but I think that'll be enough for some time.

Who knows how long this competition will even last...

Peace


 

That could escalate quickly with 54 participants! Laugh However it's not really needed if you only take the current #1 as reference. If you cannot beat the current #1 anymore, it doesn't matter what the other guys in between are doing.

But like I said before, this is gimmick territory now...

"I only understand friendship or scorched earth."
–Roger Ailes
Purps Rank 21
Rank 21

@WuDu wrote:

 

That could escalate quickly with 54 participants! Laugh However it's not really needed if you only take the current #1 as reference. If you cannot beat the current #1 anymore, it doesn't matter what the other guys in between are doing.


That is correct, but even if you can beat the current #1, you can still lose to someone in between, or even to someone currently behind you. Obviously that's not likely to happen with just a few matches to go, but with say 10 matches that would happen all the time.

0 Likes