Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Svex Rank 4
Rank 4

I recently deposited 116,40 EUR. I wished to bet this amount on only one sports event. After the deposit it said I my cash was 76,40 EUR and my bonus is 120 EUR for a total of 196.40 . So I tried to make a bet with the full amount, but it didn't work. It gave me a message about the bonus expiring before the event. So I only bet 76,40 EUR. Now I can't use any of the remaining 120 EUR for the event on which I wished to bet.

I'm really upset. I don't care about bonuses. I didn't ask for it. I don't need it. I deposited 116.40 EUR so i would like to be able to bet with 116.40 EUR. I already regret depositing anything. I feel cheated. 

0 Likes
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi guys, @VikingsAF and @Svex, welcome to the Community.
Sorry for the long response time first of all Smile So, I'll start off with some basic bonus mechanics in order to grasp the full extent of what happened and with a solution after Happy
Welcome Bonuses  have a 30 day expiration period, this specific Bonus is a 200% deposit Bonus up to 80 euros in Bonus money.
Here's where it get's a bit more complicated, bear with me. When you deposited EUR 116.40,  40 euro from that amount was placed in your restricted balance because it's part of the Bonus and another 80 euro in Bonus money was added to your account as per the terms and conditions of the bonus that was accepted on your account. 
116.40 deposited cash lost 40 euro due to the Bonus resulting in:

1. 76.40 euro Cash untouched because it was over the Welcome Bonus limit
  2. 40 euro Restricted Cash untill wagering requirements are completed
  3. And last but not least, 80 euro Bonus money as explained in the terms below
    Spoiler
    Stort minstens €10, ontvang jouw 200% tot €80 welkomstbonus
    1) Recht om de bonus te ontvangen:
    Deze aanbieding is geldig voor:
    Nieuwe klanten 
    Leeftijd 18 jaar of ouder
    Wonend in België
    Eerste storting van €10 minimum

Now to clarify what happened. Since the welcome Bonus has an expiration period of 30 days and the match which you intended to bet on starts on November 3rd 2018 understandebly there is a conflict since by that time it would have expired ergo no money to place it with in the first place, this is why the system prompted you accordingly and took the cash on the account ( 76.40 euro ).
Phew, hope that makes sense.

Now for the solution, I see you mention that the Welcome Bonus is unwanted and you regret accepting it, understandebly this is a hassle for you and we wouldn't like that would we Smile
1. I can offer to cancel it and look into the possibility of restoring the full amount of 116.40 euro to your account to "start fresh". Please note that if I do so you will need to place the bet again.
2. I can cancel the Bonus freeing the restricted 40 euro cash but loosing the 80 euro Bonus that is on your account, this way keeping the bet that is placed now, and having 40 euro on your account to manage as you see fit.

Let me know on what suites you best.

/Ray

@Svex Smile Thanks for getting back to me about it. I've canceled the Bonus and the 40 euro is available in cash now Smile
@VikingsAF, I understand your point of view completely. It would make sense from a setup point of view, not sure how the mechanics of setting such a Bonus work and the options you have to restrict are exactly. It's a gray area for sure the situation you are portraying and @Svex's situation is the perfect example. It all boils down to understanding the Bonus I guess, what we can't really expect from a newly registered player, not at such a deep level at least. Personally I would go with advising to place the desired bet and I can add the bonus after for a new deposit, but that's just me. As a general condition, the bet needs to be placed within the expiration period.

/Ray

0 Likes
8 REPLIES
Svex Rank 4
Rank 4

So is there anybody who can help me, or refer me to real help?

0 Likes
VikingsAF Rank 21
Rank 21

How long before you wanted to bet you did the deposit?

The bonusses have an expiracy of a month if I'm right..;

Also, durning registration it's pretty clear which bonus you select Wink The put it on top of the page, and it's no effort to select "I don't want a bonus"

So that you didn't know about the bonus is either a lie, or a case of negligence

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
0 Likes
Svex Rank 4
Rank 4

Ok first of all VikingsAF, thanks very much for your reply. It certainly took a while, but I'm glad that at least somebody gave his time to try and help.

It's a while since I subscribed and deposited on Unibet, but I'm sure that I wouldn't have changed a selection from no bonus to something else consciously. 

Perhaps you consider that negligence, but's dishonest either way. It's obviously not a bonus if I lose more than half of my deposit for it. If you consider the deposit that I lost as payment for a fake currency called bonus money, than it's certainly misleading to call it a bonus.

0 Likes
VikingsAF Rank 21
Rank 21

Yeah it's strange that it takes so long. I myself am just a normal member visiting back after a bit of inactivity.

Luckily @Ray-Unibet or @Jeppe-Unibet should be able to help you further as they have acces to your Unibet data.

The community is a good place to find a solution to your problem when it takes long or is getting complicated when contacting the real customer support. But maybe next time it is smarter to contact Unibet trough live chat first Smile They will (at least) be able to tell you what internal transactions happened and the further specifics of any bonus. 

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
0 Likes

Hi guys, @VikingsAF and @Svex, welcome to the Community.
Sorry for the long response time first of all Smile So, I'll start off with some basic bonus mechanics in order to grasp the full extent of what happened and with a solution after Happy
Welcome Bonuses  have a 30 day expiration period, this specific Bonus is a 200% deposit Bonus up to 80 euros in Bonus money.
Here's where it get's a bit more complicated, bear with me. When you deposited EUR 116.40,  40 euro from that amount was placed in your restricted balance because it's part of the Bonus and another 80 euro in Bonus money was added to your account as per the terms and conditions of the bonus that was accepted on your account. 
116.40 deposited cash lost 40 euro due to the Bonus resulting in:

1. 76.40 euro Cash untouched because it was over the Welcome Bonus limit
  2. 40 euro Restricted Cash untill wagering requirements are completed
  3. And last but not least, 80 euro Bonus money as explained in the terms below
    Spoiler
    Stort minstens €10, ontvang jouw 200% tot €80 welkomstbonus
    1) Recht om de bonus te ontvangen:
    Deze aanbieding is geldig voor:
    Nieuwe klanten 
    Leeftijd 18 jaar of ouder
    Wonend in België
    Eerste storting van €10 minimum

Now to clarify what happened. Since the welcome Bonus has an expiration period of 30 days and the match which you intended to bet on starts on November 3rd 2018 understandebly there is a conflict since by that time it would have expired ergo no money to place it with in the first place, this is why the system prompted you accordingly and took the cash on the account ( 76.40 euro ).
Phew, hope that makes sense.

Now for the solution, I see you mention that the Welcome Bonus is unwanted and you regret accepting it, understandebly this is a hassle for you and we wouldn't like that would we Smile
1. I can offer to cancel it and look into the possibility of restoring the full amount of 116.40 euro to your account to "start fresh". Please note that if I do so you will need to place the bet again.
2. I can cancel the Bonus freeing the restricted 40 euro cash but loosing the 80 euro Bonus that is on your account, this way keeping the bet that is placed now, and having 40 euro on your account to manage as you see fit.

Let me know on what suites you best.

/Ray

Svex Rank 4
Rank 4

Ray, either of the solutions sound great. The odds on the event haven't changed. I would bet it on the same event either way. I would be very grateful if you can make that happen. Thanks very much for the explanation too.

VikingsAF Rank 21
Rank 21

@Svex If I knew it was an event of november I could have helped earlier Very Happy As it is indeed clear that your bonus would've expired Tongue

But @Ray-Unibet, isn't it in fact strange that the first deposit bonus can't be used to events that far in the future? I mean. You see an event with good odds right now and are comparing sites to bet on, then you register on that site because you saw the amazing bonus.. And then it seems you can't use it. That's always dissapointing.

I know svex doesn't really want to use it here, but it's a tought I have now on this matter.

0 Likes

@Svex Smile Thanks for getting back to me about it. I've canceled the Bonus and the 40 euro is available in cash now Smile
@VikingsAF, I understand your point of view completely. It would make sense from a setup point of view, not sure how the mechanics of setting such a Bonus work and the options you have to restrict are exactly. It's a gray area for sure the situation you are portraying and @Svex's situation is the perfect example. It all boils down to understanding the Bonus I guess, what we can't really expect from a newly registered player, not at such a deep level at least. Personally I would go with advising to place the desired bet and I can add the bonus after for a new deposit, but that's just me. As a general condition, the bet needs to be placed within the expiration period.

/Ray

0 Likes