Unibet Open 2016 announces € 500,000 GTD Bucharest season finale

BonusPater

The beautiful city of Bucharest will host a €500,000 guaranteed main event for the Unibet Open Poker Tour 2016 from 1st – 4th December.

The season finale in Romania will be capped at 800 players and organisers estimate a record-breaking event.

This is the largest guarantee that the Swedish operator has offered in the tour’s nine-year history and signals the growing popularity of this unique event.

“We have worked with Pokerfest Romania for a couple of months to put everything in place. We are extremely happy to up the cap to 800 and GTD half a million. This is the biggest event we have ever done,” said Nataly Sopacuaperu, Head of Live Events at Unibet.

Players will stay at the luxury-grade Marriott hotel and will be treated to the famous Unibet hospitality, including welcome drinks, players’ party and lots of activities away from the poker table.

As usual, all of the action will be streamed live at www.twitch.tv/unibetpoker with commentators and online qualifiers for the event will kick off in the next couple of weeks at www.unibet.com.poker.

More details about the Bucharest event will be released over the coming weeks, but first players can look forward to Unibet Open Copenhagen which takes place from 25th – 28th August.

Copenhagen will also see WSOP November Niner Kenny Hallaert will take over Unibet Open tournament director duties for the first time.

Qualifiers

Qualifiers for this event will be running on Unibet from 9 August 2016, four to six packages are guaranteed in our Sunday Final that starts at 20:00 CET.

Event Website: www.unibetopen.com

Unibet Open SEASON 2016

• London 3-6 March 2016
  • Malta 26-29 May 2016
  • Copenhagen 25-28 August 2016
  • Bucharest 1 – 4 December 2016

Media

Image gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/unibetopenofficial/albums
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/unibetopen
Check out our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/UnibetOpen 
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/unibetopen
Instagram: https://instagram.com/unibetopen/
Snapchat: UnibetOpen

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Sounds good! :)

@JeppeL@MarcoV and I will probably be there as well (depends on the number of members that'll play). We'll probably arrange a small community freeroll, and we should grab a drink as well :)

Would be great to meet you guys and have a drink with you and some members from here.

1st of December will be celebrating also National Day,and Bucharest will be completly full at that moment and lots of great parties as well :D

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

@DavidP_Unibet wrote:

I think @GotWhatItTakes knew this info weeks ago :)

Yeah, thats right. :smileyembarrassed: At first I thought it would be Tirana, Albania, but after a Snap of the Airport in Bucharest I was 99% sure it was Bucharest :smileyvery-happy: 

With such a huge prizepool and as Bucharest seems to be a very nice place to be, it would be foolish not to try to qualfiy. 

Will there be satelittes for the side events or the Highroller as well? We have 3,5 months until Bucharest starts, so lots of time. Would be great if there would be more possibilities in reference to tournaments you could satellite into cheaply.

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh WOW... I'm so excited about this event. I won a ticket to an open in Romania not so long ago but failed to get a visa in time  : (    Anyways... Looking forward to this one in December. Good luck to everyone who's trying to qualify.  will be nice to meet some of the Mods from Unibet. 

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

Where are you from? Asking this since i read you needed a visa to get here. The moderators will most probably attend this event and would be really nice to get to know them and a few memebers of this community :)

Looking forward to it as well.You will have a great time.Bucharest is amazing.See you in december.  you should come to.You'll have a partner on the flight,so you won't get bored :D

I I wish :wow: But I'm usually extremely busy during winter. (Because it's the best time for us Canadians, Snowboarding, Skiing, & just hanging around in snow). In 2017 for sure. It's one of my biggest goals for 2017 to compete in a Unibet Open event. I'll also play a side event at WSOP so we could possibly meet there. 😃

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Archived