Unibet doing things wrong!

Roflpain

Dear Unibet,

I don't know what you are doing lately. But I think you are doing things wrong.

You try to maximize profit by capping the tables of 4NL to 6 tables. And in the past you've done many more things.

I think I have a solution to maximize profit!!! 

KEEP THE SERVERS RUNNING SMOOTH YOU ***** !

You clearly are confused as to how rake works, the more tables there are, the more rake they collect. If they reduce the tables then they collect less rake.

Also do you think they have a fetish for issuing refunds around the clock for half a week and losing tens of thoudands of $? These issues affect them far more than it affects you and your 4nl tables. They want it fixed more than anyone. You being a ❤️♥️❤️ doesn't help anyone.

• Like 2

And if you limit the tables to maximum 6 4NL tables, people go up a limit faster. So more profit. 

It is in this post: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/Cash-game-rake-changes-from-1st-of-April/m-p/315900#M46364

This is also why we've reduced the table cap on NL4 from 8 to 6 tables. We'll monitor the impact of the table cap, and if it has the desired effect, we might lower it further to 4 tables. 

And the part of "and if it has the desired effect" ... I understand it like this: If the 4NL players move up faster to 10NL (because of max 6 tables) we have the desired effect. More 10NL players is more rake is more profit.

So if I am wrong somewhere pls tell me. 

• Like 1

Also, don't treat costumers like they are idiots. That's not helping me to stay at Unibet tbh. Cause when people make fun of people, they get frustrated. Like I am now. 

Never experienced this kind of mocking on other help/support websites tbh.

I put effort in searching for help, yes I am frustrated if things don't work. But you need to accept that. I pay taxes so I can be mad when the road is not good. I pay rake so I can be mad when software is not good.

Try to be looking in the place of the costumer 2 pls.

• Like 3

It is no secret that every company tries to maximise their profits ;) Ofc within the reason that they don't lose customers over it.

Everyone is titled for their opinion but using some reason is also advisable. Unlike taxes which are necessary evil, paying rake is optional so if you don't like terms of some site don't play. I think they appreciate feedback but like you can find in conversations, many player also likes changes so there might be chance that those changes are good instead all bad. Can't be perfect for everyone you know. Give it some time and if you still think they are ripping you off, change site. Or if they think changes have gone worse  maybe they change them to something else.

I agree that you shouldn't treat customers as idiots or be disrespectful to them cause they are humans too like cs, waiters, cleaners etc ( @FeelsBadMan  might disagree 😏 ) cause customers are the ones who are paying for this whole show but again, i don't think that is the case in this one. Time will tell who is right :)

@Roflpain, I don't believe I've treated you like an idiot - the other guys replying don't work for the company - but I do get why some might feel you're acting like one in this thread. You can complain all you want, but I'm not gonna just pander to your taste; you get an honest reply.

You link to the right thread, but you can't just ignore everything else in the post and cherry-pick to your liking, to try and get a point across. The main motivation behind the table cap is because NL4 has become too tough and there're too many NL4 grinders playing max tables for years. The rake from NL4 is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and to me, NL4 is all about offering great games for new players; the perfect playground for players just starting out. By lowering the table cap, we take another step in that direction. If we'd just wanted to make more money and force people to move up, don't you think we'd have just increased the rake significantly at NL4? Your line of thought seems very flawed to me.
You can come up with whatever theories you want, but I won't entertain them. I was the one making the decision on our end, so I think I know the motivations behind it :)

NB NL25 adjustments were mostly for the reason you mention; to make it more likely for players to move up to that stake. Also covered this in the OP, so no need to go into detail here :)

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Roflpain wrote:

Also, don't treat costumers like they are idiots. That's not helping me to stay at Unibet tbh. Cause when people make fun of people, they get frustrated. Like I am now. 

Never experienced this kind of mocking on other help/support websites tbh.

I put effort in searching for help, yes I am frustrated if things don't work. But you need to accept that. I pay taxes so I can be mad when the road is not good. I pay rake so I can be mad when software is not good.

Try to be looking in the place of the costumer 2 pls.

50% regs of nl4 survived!:Cheeky: And they crave blood and cashouts!

• Like 1

@Roflpain I completely 100% agree with @Livertool on this one. You as a customer have the option to play wherever you want and if a site treats you badly you have the option, and should, move your 20€ of rake a month to another site that can appreciate that 20€ more. Employees don't have the option to choose their customers and kinda have to take it, but you have no such obligation and can choose where you play, and the most effective way to protest is with your wallet IMO.

As for the profitability of the company, yes in the long run creating a more even spread among stakes is meant to help the game grow more and eventually make more profit, which incidentally growing the game more also helps us as players to make more profit. I can understand that 10NL can be a scary beast that will be very hard to beat, but I believe in you, as a profitable 4NL player, that you will be able to overcome it, especially as the changes also help 10NL players move up to make more profits at 25nl. Wherever you will decide to pay your 20€ of rake I wish you the best of luck and patience, and I'm sure you'll do great 😃

• Like 3

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

@Roflpain I completely 100% agree with @Livertool on this one. You as a customer have the option to play wherever you want and if a site treats you badly you have the option, and should, move your 20€ of rake a month to another site that can appreciate that 20€ more. Employees don't have the option to choose their customers and kinda have to take it, but you have no such obligation and can choose where you play, and the most effective way to protest is with your wallet IMO.

As for the profitability of the company, yes in the long run creating a more even spread among stakes is meant to help the game grow more and eventually make more profit, which incidentally growing the game more also helps us as players to make more profit. I can understand that 10NL can be a scary beast that will be very hard to beat, but I believe in you, as a profitable 4NL player, that you will be able to overcome it, especially as the changes also help 10NL players move up to make more profits at 25nl. Wherever you will decide to pay your 20€ of rake I wish you the best of luck and patience, and I'm sure you'll do great 😃