Unfair dealing

Gio000

Hey,

Our reputation as a fair and secure place to play online poker is one of our most important assets. Every card in every poker game is randomly dealt from a standard deck of 52 playing cards. Independent auditors regularly perform recognised statistical tests on the data files generated by our Random Number Generator to confirm that the cards are dealt randomly.

Please also note that we would have no benefits whatsoever, if we 'rigged' the games. We make our money from taking either a tournament fee or or a portion out of a cash game pot (rake), as a business it doesn't make a difference for us, who wins the hand or who loses it.

If you had a bad run of cards, that is part of the game, as the percentages even out in the long run but in the short run, variance can play a key role.

I wish you better luck in the future.

Thanks

• Like 3

This will probably kill my popularity with Mods and Admins of this community but I'm actually gonna go ahead and agree with @Gio000

All is NOT as it seems... Before I elaborate though let me say that I have spent years trying to find poker sites that offer 100 percent unbiased software but the unfortunate reality is that I doubt it exists. I have some of my fave sites where I think the software experience is much better but I won't name drop on here obviously. Unibet is not one of these, however I enjoy the tournament and mission structures on the site as well as the many freerolls and hence, for now I am still a fan. :)

OK back to the software... 

I get that Unibet has no interest in who wins a hand. (So the response received here is not a lie really) But I feel that Unibet does have quite a bit of interest in making sure hands are played, peeps get kicked out and the game moves on and concludes. The quicker games conclude the quicker players will invest in the next game and so on.

Thus, the software has been written in such a way to make sure someone hits something most.... probably ike 98 percent of the time. Hence so many RIVER SUCK OUTS.... I Consider myself a good and safe player but I have never lost more strong hands like AA ... KK .... or losing out to river and turn after hitting total nuts on the flop and being drawn All In as I have at Unibet (From the sites I still play on)

1 of the most obvious examples of this is the very noticeable 4 - 5 second pause at some headsup or big pot showdowns when the system works out who to bring the river for.

Another thing I've noticed is kind of a loophole within the software when I'm having a bad run of deals. I have a way to get the system to deal me good / decent cards to play. I will not expose the secret and No its nothing illegal and I'm not a hacker or even a programmer. It's just something I've noticed and have used to good effect. Doesnt always work but the rate is high enough that I believe it lol.

IN CONCLUSION

All of this is only conjecture right? And nothing can be proved... Even more so Nobody will ever admit it. So to be fair ... posting about it etc will not change anything at all. What should change is your approach to games.

1. I always remind myself that I'm up against the software as much as the many poor players found on Unibet and most freeroll rooms who can really spoil a solid poker strategy. I've altered my game quite a bit because of this and had better results.

2. Losing is part of Winning in poker. Aim to lose less, and less often.

Just my 5 cents yo ... Good Luck

• Like 2

Hi @FishWisperer,

you are completely entitled to your opinion, in this case it's wrong however :)

I can just point out again, that we would have no interest in rigging the game, it simply would not make any sense for us, risking our whole reputation and license over a few extra thousands of € we would make with this.

Our RNG (Random Number Generator) gets checked on a regular basis by gaming authorities and if we did something like you claim, this would definitively come out.

I think the main problem is, that many players forget how big long-term thinking really goes, even having played a million hands doesn't necessarily mean you get exactly the right odds every time, human minds are for some reason made to more remember the unlucky situations than the situations where one got lucky.

If I take myself as an example, I can exactly tell you the top 5 situations where i got the most unlucky in my poker career, however I wouldn''t be able to recall the top 5 where I got lucky :)

Better luck to you in the future.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since last time i withdraw money, was just impossible to win anymore. So i just put more money in, sometime can play with that for weeks, sometimes i just loose to nuts. This has been since mid November. Bad run? That long? There are 3-4 cash game players, they always win, they instant call anything/everything, and they win , there was nothing to do with them. When they reach nice ammount of money, they disappear... I only lost playing with them, it was impossible to bluff/trick/getting better cards. 

• Like 1

It's only natural to blame the company that provides the platform I guess @papa, however I can't say that I agree with the above one bit. It sucks when you loose, I get it, but the 101 of online poker is that the "House" doesn't gain if you loose. The rake is paid no matter if you win or loose. When you do loose you loose to other players. It's all a matter of luck in a small amount and skill for the most part I guess. I'm sure the guys here can say a thing or two regarding this so stick around. There are multiple discussions on how to better your poker strategy and feel free to start a thread, we are like a little family here :) we help each other.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

So you mean, we are just loosers. After 1 and half month of bad run, i cashed in another 100 euros. It lasted one day. All my pairs had to fold after flop. Smaller pairs beat my higher pairs. When i got flush K high there was accidently someone with A high, when i had Q high someone had K high flush, to the same player(with 2 cards in hand)!!!.  My pairs never got the third on the flop. Never. My straight were always lower then the one who beat me. So let me know, should i fold all my high pairs, straights, flush before the flop?? What should i do? Another funny thing. When i get high pairs, everyone folds, even i did not raise yet. Then i see all other players, winning huge ammount of money with the same cards. How is that possible??

• Like 1

Nope @papa, I am not insinuating anything, what you read is exactly what I meant to say. Bad beats happen, @Bing__@FreedoM@GothMoth@Rushbie@GR1ZZL3R and many others can attest that. I'm in no position to give poker advice however as mentioned above as well, feel free to browse around and join a conversation, ask your question and the guys will surely give you an advice on what to do. 

• Like 2

@papa Unfortunately poker being what it is a new player may experience horrible negative variance from the start and give up the game in disgust before finding their true skill level, while a poorer player hits a good streak and climbs the levels easily till their true skill level kicks in and they crash. We don't know wether we're running good or bad for quite a while. Blackrain79, an absolute crusher at the micros, suggests at least 100,000 hands before true variance can start levelling out, so a few weeks is not really a fair trial. Poker is a long term game and the mental aspects of running bad can be hard to overcome, and I'm not suggesting you are a poor player but are you really running bad or your opponents running hot?  It's hard to keep track of hands on Unibet, but is there someone you can discuss hands and situations with, someone who can watch your play, you may have leaks you are unaware of, like most of us. It can be a long and lonely road if you're on it by yourself, not knowing which way to go, and looking for someone or thing to blame if you get lost. There's loads of experienced players here willing to help, so I hope you'll stick around and start enjoying this great game before too long.👍

• Like 6

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Yes @RayL  if it wasn't for the bad beats we all would be millionaires :laugh:

It is the easiest thing to blame everything but yourself. And the truth is that most players have no idea of the variance impact especially when their BRM is almost non - existent. And the long run is much longer...

But what matters is to lose less than the others when in downswing and to profit more when you get your fair share of good luck.

Afterall everyone gets the same ammount of good and bad cards, but in the same scenarios winners win more and lose less than the recreational players.

And this has nothing to do with the absurd claims of rigged RNGs. It is achievable through playing mllions of hands and thousands of tournaments year after year while constantly improving.

@Gio000 , @papa and many of the conspiracy theorists however won't change their points of view as it is ego - suicidal to admit that they are not so good as they believe. This is actually not a bad thing, otherwise the old saying "no money... everyone is solid" might become true.

• Like 3

Look, ive been playing since 2006,  mostly live . Just for a try, i cashed in another 25 euros. It lasted 10 mins.  I had only 52, 82, 102, j2, ❤️♥️❤️. Then i got AK. preflop high raise cause the players are in instant call mood. So nothing came, i just raised...i halfed down my money. Then got again looser cards. Then got JJ,,,,big reraise preflop. 2 players called. The flop: A86....both players had A...so i folded....but u know, ok bad run. But this has beeen since i withdraw money...one and hald month ago...playing like 1000 hours. ..i cashed in all the money i gained before. And why could i win for 1-2 around 300 euros? Cause  i dont have good skills?

Ok. But i did so many times since mid november...just quit...get fresh.

Today i thought, im gonna try again...25 euro lasted for 1 hour. Got QJ on big blind. Only 4 players at the table. I raised, one call, flop: J84, raise, other one called, turn J...raised pot, other one called...river K i raised, other one reraised...had to call...He had KJ..i had only 13 euros left. So not getting cards, bluffing a bit for one hour, still at 13 euros. Then i got AQ, raised, one call...flop AQ4, i raised, one call, turn 8, raised, call...river 2, i push all in...he calls. He HAD AA in hand!!!...so let me know, for how long it takes  to get fresh air? ...This really kills every skill, everything i learnt about poker. And this has beeen since mid november....SINCE I CASHED OUT some money...

• Like 1

I've had a losing month or two and I'm playing around 500 tournaments in a month. As a cash player from 2008 to 2016 it wasn't uncommon to have downswings or breakeven stretches of 50 000 - 100 000 hands esp. when playing zoom. But despite that I managed to turn some profit every month (part of it was due to the better cashback programs in the past).

@papaI doubt that you've played more than 100 000 hands from 15.11. even if you play regularly and multitable at least 4-6 tables.

Some of the best players  experience such long downswing and most of them more than few times in their careers. The breakeven players or the small winners especially those playing 2-3hrs after work may never know their true winrate and be on a losing streak for several months.

You keep saying SINCE I CASHED OUT some money @papa what difference does it make? Unibet isn't playing against you at the tables taking the money back.. It's just other players like yourself. And as far I can see you don't have any brm you deposit and put it all on the table at once (as I'm reading it.

I was like you many years ago when online poker came out, I cashed out alot got confident moved up to higher stakes and lost, lost and lost again. But instead of blaming the site/software I realized I hadn't been studying the game I had just had a hot streak and had begun thinking I was alot better then I was, so I guit cashgame. Started playing MTT's instead to avoid losing bankroll in 5 min if I tilted, i knew what amount I could loose and got to enjoy poker a few hours alot cheaper when having a cold streak. Take care.

• Like 1
Go for it!

Really? I cashed in another 50 EURO. After 1 and half months bad run, again...first 5 mins got KK...raise preflop, one called.   board 742, ...what he had? 44 in hand...so i played carefull, i only lost half of my money. Then 10 mins later. had J9 in big blind. Miniraise from opponent.  call. flop J107, raise, call, turn J...so i had a set. What the other one had full hous with 77, i had only 10 euros left. slowly went dont to 6..then a flop 664, i had Q6 from big blind...pushed all in...one call...opponent had 86...so turn 8...river nothing...lost the money. ..Ohh i cannot balme i didnt have good cards, got once 1010...big raise...one call, board 853, check, other one raise, i reraised all in...show up...he had AQ...so turn A...lost everything. All about 15 mins. DO I HAVE ANY CHANCE? or i should fold everything i get? even high pairs?...this has been since i cashed out some money...so , tell me about fair play.

• Like 1

Yes yes...but as a math teacher, i cannot explain how this can happen..and more suspicous when people call 20-25 euro all in...on the board where the did not hit anything, but after call, they hit on the turn or river. And they are sitting on big money, they dont look loosers. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

What reputation????  After a long holiday i uploaded 200 Euro., played 50 EURO cash table. First 50 loosing  with AK ...other one had 1010, on the flop AJ5, raised the pot, opponent calls turn 10 (how did he know he gets it? he paid 20 euro for it).  Second 50 loosing with KK small blind, big blind having AA he won. Third 50 lost with AA other one had KK, we went all in in preflop. He got a K on the board. So. Talk to me about fair dealing. I played one hour together. Talk to me, how is that? I tell you , i lost to those people who are alway there, they are insiders, they always hit they always won, this is my experience for the last months. Named: Rosinant, Pusich etc.....they are insiders.. they play well and also their worst hand is rescued on the turn and flop....Im gonna write to authorities, i recorded may last plays...and its not REAL. 

It is of course in your legal rights to contact the authorities @papa, you'll be able to do it here: https://www.authorisation.mga.org.mt/verification.aspx?lang=en&company=bc94b87f-4538-4f76-a9da-42c36e48c7eb
"What reputation????" the reputation of being a fair business for over 20 years is the reputation that we were discussing above, however you are of course entitled to your opinion as well as everybody else. If there is something we can do from our side, let us know however there is absolutely nothing I could go on besides the fact that you claim that Unibet employees are joining random players with a master account which makes everybody loose at their table. That's just preposterous. I am sorry you lost money, but poker is allot more than just luck from what I came to realize here and although tragic that the other player won on the river, it is what it is. Call it bad beat, bad luck the fact that the system runs on a Random Number Generator doesn't change. As a math teacher, I am sure you are aware what that means.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Bad run for 4 months? The river always takes my money? Better preflop hand, better hand on flop and turn, but tha river takes all my money 99 times out of 100. How is that possible...

Edit by Jeppe-Unibet: Edited language that's against community guidelines. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I agree with you. But i  also realized, if once you withdraw money, the luck is gone for a while. This is experience since 2017. I got so mad at it. So in 2018 i quit unibet, and now, the same happened. Bad run, good run, but i could withdraw some money. Im safe player, i never loose controll. I can quit from table when i have a bad run. But. After i withdraw, all the l"luck" has gone. All my KK AA sux, all my 99% hands loose, aggainst the river card. Cannot play risky neither safe...the same happens. And this for one month. I am quitting again, because i cannot believe this is normal. I paid back, what i  withdraw....dear admin, take it and pay your bitches on the boat. But its not fair at all. I either play for fun or just quit forever.