Is there anybody from Poland?

Koljamen

Hi @Koljamen, I had a word with the guys in security and it shouldn't be a problem that you are in Poland at the moment. I see you mentioned that when connecting via VPN with an Ukrainian IP, you are able to use the site, am I understanding this correctly? Furthermore, if the case is that you moved from one country to another for a longer period, we can look into setting you up with an account in the country that you reside in. If not, never mind :)

/Ray

• Like 1
Former Community Moderator

@RayL I use VPN, but not neceserely with Ukranian IP (it connects me with "Best choice" IP). And VPN allows me just to go on a Unibet site, but it doesn't help me log in on the POker Client. I'm in Poland for at least one year, so if you can, please do something with those settings. I can play in browser, but multitabling not that good in browser. Thank you!

Hi @Koljamen ,

there are no blocks from our end, it might be an ISP block, I can't really tell.

What happens when you open the software and log in, any error message? Could you send a screenshot?

If you live only temporarily in Poland, there is no real need to open a new account and I don't think it would change anything as it's nothing that comes from our end.

Could you try to use a VPN that connects you to a Polish IP and not choose 'best IP' as it could have to do with IP changes and security measures for some reason too.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know it's an old thread, but want to give some connectivity tips for bypassing ISP blocks.

First of all try the simplest method and just change your DNS settings. The method below can be used with any Public DNS servers. In the given example the Google ones are used, mostly because they are suitable for both IPv4 and IPv6.

• Go to the Control Panel / Settings.
  • Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
    Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
  • To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection > Properties.
  • To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection > Properties.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  • Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
  • Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
  • Click OK.
  • Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
    Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
    • (Google Public) For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    • (Google Public) For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844
  • Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
  • Like 1

If there are connectivity issues still after the DNS change this is one of the possible solutions:

Over time, your system will automatically cache IP addresses and other DNS results, in order to speed up subsequent requests it makes to the same hostname. This is all good, but at times, bad results will also be cached and therefore require to be cleared from your cache in order to communicate with hosts correctly. Similar to this, your TCP/IP settings may get corrupted, and will need to be reset. To perform this procedure, follow the steps found below.

• From Windows Start, search for cmd.
  • Right click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
  • In the console, type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
    • If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache".
  • Afterwards, type: netsh int ip reset
  • Once done, restart your computer.

This will generally make your connection feel a lot smoother, but at times it may be a real trouble-saver.

• Like 1

If this doesn't help or the procedure seems too complex maybe it's better to try some Windows optimizer application.

I used to be fan of TuneUp Utilities back in the day, mostly because of the great Visual Styles they offered. There are many programs that could handle the system processes and tweak the internet connection just with few clicks.

Advanced SystemCare is one I've used most recently (had a free copy of the previous version) and is very good in almost all segments, not just internet.

There are actually free keys provided by some sites and many of them are good for months. So if you don't like spending money or just want to try before buy, a search for the sites with offers is a good start. As I recollect the one I've used for various programs is russian, but the url is out of my mind.

• Like 1