2 Players with the same IP.

yarik_gr

Sometimes I'm playing poker with my friend using the same IP, but we never played same MTTs or SNGs.
As I understand, we can't play the same SNG together even if we wanted to, because I see the warning about same IP when I open a lot of tables by myself and we don't even tried. So, I wanna clarify, what if we start the same MTT together or start playing SNGs from the same IP (as I said, it's impossible for us to seat at the same table as I think, we just want to play SNGs at the same time, but not the same games), is it allowed? Thank you.

@JeppeL @RayL

@yarik_gr I managed to find out some info about this. So, when it comes to Cash Game's the system will automatically place one of the players at another table, basically it won't allow 2 players with the same IP to sit at the same table.
In terms of SnG's, the system should let the first player joining the upcoming Sit & Go. The second player with same IP should stay in the queue until another Sit & Go starts.
Mtt's are not blocked, so technically speaking it is possible for 2 players to join the same table, however that might trigger the security system raising the probability of a collusion check. 

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Archived