What TV Shows and Movies have you seen recently and recommend?

PunchFace

@Rushbie wrote:

The last recommendation of yours, @WuDu , Unabomber, took a day straight even tho there were better things to do in that days schedule. Had to watch it in a day. Thanks still!! :laugh:

Is this new stuff somekind of brokeback mountain, reality survival crap, or..?

Try "Kingdom" next if the genre interests you...

If by "new stuff" you mean "Leaving Neverland", well it got a little bit of Brokeback Mountain and a little bit of Survivor in it...:laugh::speechless::scared:

I don't know if I'd recommend it, it's a bunch of allegations that maybe true or maybe not. They probably are, in my opinion. However one of the two men accusing Michael Jackson testified for MJ in 2004/05, so everything he says is meaningless because if what he says is true now, he committed perjury back then. And if he lied 15 years ago, how can you trust his words now? The other guy though, I think Jacko got to him...

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

I don't know if I'd recommend it, it's a bunch of allegations that maybe true or maybe not. They probably are, in my opinion. However one of the two men accusing Michael Jackson testified for MJ in 2004/05, so everything he says is meaningless because if what he says is true now, he committed perjury back then. And if he lied 15 years ago, how can you trust his words now? The other guy though, I think Jacko got to him...

Most certainly true but should have done this when MJ was still alive. Now they are just after money (again). No one to convict anymore except maybe in paper so what is the point but getting filthy rich. The American dream 😏

• Like 1

@Livertool wrote:

Most certainly true but should have done this when MJ was still alive. Now they are just after money (again). No one to convict anymore except maybe in paper so what is the point but getting filthy rich. The American dream 😏

Yeah, really disturbing on every front. Holy crap at the creepy phone messages and notes MJ left...:scared:

The one mother from Australia however took the cake. Breaks up the family so her son could get closer to Jacko-----> her husband gets depressed and kills himself, her other son cannot forgive her for that. Then she lets her 7 year old son sleep in the same bed with Jackson while she's in a different room------> her son (allegedly) gets abused. Talk about horrible life decisions. But hey, at least she could travel first class, stay in fancy hotels and meet some VIPs along the way...:puking:

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

Yeah, really disturbing on every front. Holy crap at the creepy phone messages and notes MJ left...:scared:

The one mother from Australia however took the cake. Breaks up the family so her son could get closer to Jacko-----> her husband gets depressed and kills himself, her other son cannot forgive her for that. Then she lets her 7 year old son sleep in the same bed with Jackson while she's in a different room------> her son (allegedly) gets abused. Talk about horrible life decisions. But hey, at least she could travel first class, stay in fancy hotels and meet some VIPs along the way...:puking:

I guess it is easy to get sucked in to that lifestyle and maybe lie to yourself that it is good for your boy and his career but she must have known that there is something fishy about it.

What disturbs me equally is that those fellows are now giving graphic details to whole world about bj to mj and what not. I mean how desperate for attention and money can you be to do that :wow: I would bury those events/memories so deep that no one can find them. Well maybe psyhologist when i would crack like Macaulay.

@Rushbie wrote:

Have to admit, that as much things in life i've seen, this is the kinda movie that needs understanding at life's horribleness. You can't basically watch sht like this like a "hey, nice movie".

But ffs, this is how you do movies with pure art in mind. Haven't seen in a long time a piece like this.

Because its fking awful. There's no Hollywood way people have used to see things. There's the sweet poetry that wraps it all together, into the horrifying reality of coldness, and psychopathy.

Ffs, saw this before it came out, and one of the rare films that needs a second watch, and a bought DVD for the library.

Awesomeness ❤️ Definitely not for the faint minded.

@Livertool 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4003440/

Idk why people walked out on it? Imo there is million times more brutal films.

I found that this one partly funny, little strange (some parts reminded me of Twin peaks) and left something to think about. Not the greatest movie in the world but worth to watch definitely.

I haven't seen the mini-series yet, as I usually watch them in a bulk once every episode is available, however my feelings tell me, this will be a great one:

@Rushbie, @RayL and everyone else, I think you guys might like this as well. Currently ranked #1 on IMDB:

• Like 1

Binge watched a few episodes of fear the walking dead. The beginning of the zombie apocalypse was well made and convincing to me. Thumbs up for it. Will continue to watch.

(I havent seen game of thrones ever, not one episode)

@Mcdee wrote:

Binge watched a few episodes of fear the walking dead. The beginning of the zombie apocalypse was well made and convincing to me. Thumbs up for it. Will continue to watch.

Get ready to be disappointed, bro! :laugh:

Actually, if the show would have only focussed on the beginning of the apocalypse (some people knowing what's going on and some don't, regular life still going on, some people prepping and so on...), that were a solid concept. However I doubt that you can drag out a story like that for an extended period of time. FTWD is more like The Walking Dead West/Mexico.  

• Like 1

@Rushbie  👍

Has been on my list for a while, however I never pulled the trigger. A lot of good shows coming up (with new seasons) over the next few weeks:

Chernobyl, Dark, Stranger Things...I'm also looking forward to finally watching Narcos. :Heart:

• Like 1

@WuDu wrote:

I haven't seen the mini-series yet, as I usually watch them in a bulk once every episode is available, however my feelings tell me, this will be a great one:

@Rushbie, @RayL and everyone else, I think you guys might like this as well. Currently ranked #1 on IMDB:

What a series and another proof that communism is pure evil!

Really, really incredible show. Guys, you know, I don't recommend crappy stuff here, so take my word for it: One of the best shows of all time, if not the best! 

tumblr_prnqtkNdEI1qisrnro2_r1_400

@WuDu wrote:

Really, really incredible show. Guys, you know, I don't recommend crappy stuff here, so take my word for it: One of the best shows of all time, if not the best! 

I read somewhere that russians are planning to make their own version of this cause too much fiction in this one. If they do, i bet there ain't even no accident happened :D

@Livertool wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

I read somewhere that russians are planning to make their own version of this cause too much fiction in this one. If they do, i bet there ain't even no accident happened :D

Replace "russians" with "Putin" and "fiction" with "truth" and you're on to something! :Laugh: Actually, the Russian people are being shown in a very positive light here, except for the heavy drinking and smoking :Laugh:

There were some great scenes and images involving the first responder fire fighters, the divers, the miners and the soldiers who had to clean up the rooftop. For the people making decisions within an inefficient system however....not so much!  

@Livertool wrote:

@WuDu wrote:

What's negative in drinking and smoking? They never hurt nobody 😏

But yeah it was good show, definitely worth to watch. Best i've seen, meh.

Nothing, if you're happy with a life expectancy of 55 or so....🤣

It's tough to compare Chernobyl to let's say Breaking Bad, however name a series that's clearly better, there is none. The rest is a matter of preference and personal taste. Chernobyl was flawless all around...

• Like 1

Batman Beyond is a more mature take on the franchise i always liked that show. There's one episode in particular that's very unsettling not the subject matter but the way they chose to depict it i'm surprised they got the goahead and commend them for creating something like that for something kids essentially could be watching.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6mgsde

• 2 weeks later...

Plot: two cops gets dirty after they got suspended. Starring Mel Gibson. Sounds interesting and original? Hell no and for those reasons almost didn't watch the movie. But i am glad i did as it was entertaining and good value for +2 hours, well written, funny lines.... Definitely worth to watch ;)

• Like 2