What TV Shows and Movies have you seen recently and recommend?

PunchFace

There comes a time when you just wanna chill out, sit back, and let the good times roll....................

Tv Shows I've watched and currently watching and recommend:

Suits, Empire, Survivor, American Horror Story, Ballers, Vice Principals, The Night Of, Fear the Walking Dead, Pitch(Just started yesterday),  The 100, Breaking Bad,  Black Sails, Penny Dreadful, The League, and of course GOT (for something old school The Wire/Spartacus)

Movies:

Check out SWISS ARMY MAN and Sausage Party if you want to have some good laughs

• Like 2
"Time keeps on slipping, into the future....I want to fly like an Eagle, to the Sea"

• 4 weeks later...

@JeppeL wrote:

I really enjoyed "The night of", only saw one episode of Vice Principals but will probably pick that up again at some point :) As for something new comming up, "Westworld" certainly looks interesting:

I was watching joe rogan's podcast,he talked a little about westworld,said it's very cool,i'll give it a try for sure.

• Like 2
Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered and nobody was there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only seen the original point Break from the 90', the movie that made Keanu Reeves a star. A fun fact is that he made a comedy (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure) 2 years earlier but it wasn't released since they thought no one would watch it. But thanks to the success of this movie it got released and even got a sequel.

Totally different movies from Point Break, but if you like Wayne's World those two is for you. Stupid but funny, and way more fun if you your metal song lyrics.

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver

• 9 months later...

@testuser1 wrote:

Dexter, Black Sails and Vikings are all decent entertainment. Got loads of documentary recommendations, but they're rarely on Netflix :)

Good shows.

Watched all 8 seasons of Dexter: Great entertainment,

up until the very end! When he let Hannah and his son go and turned lumberjack. :puking:

Watched the first 2 seasons of Black Sails, very underrated show. After watching season 2, I now know why Captain Flint loves the pirate life so much...🤣

I'll watch Vikings season 4 in a few weeks, but I prefer season 1 over 2 and 3.

What about you open a thread with docu recommendations? That would interest me, especially after vice was taken over by the loons and stopped publishing anything worth watching.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

ed36c5dd002c8ed232755a536966fadb

I know, I know, this show is from Germany, however this one is really, really good. Interesting story, solid actors and really well produced. Enjoy it now and thank me later!

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Livertool

Der Alte and Marienhof? I'm sorry that we culturally enriched you that way! :laugh: No, of course Dark is on another level, otherwise I wouldn't have recommended it here. I'd say the show is one notch below Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones, on one level with Mr Robot, slightly ahead of Vikings and definitely much better than anything the guys in charge of The Walking Dead presented to us over the last year.

I'm not so sure whether or not I like the ending though...

• Like 3

Ah. Marienhoff. <3

This is the cast that I recall from that in the 90's. I didn't really like the show, but it just always aired after school and the interwebs was a rarity at that time. I liked Tinka in my early teens. :D 

I think this was a series model that our Finnish one is based upon in "Salatut elämät" aka "The secret lives", it's like Marienhoff but nowadays with absurd comical twists there are other elements to it existing as well. One simply cannot underestimate the indirect effect Marienhoff has had to mainstream youth in Finland that way! ;D

marienhofilaiset

• 3 months later...

Altered Carbon is awesome! 

There´s so many good ones, and many are mentioned already, but there´s many not mentioned which are my faves: 

Orphan Black is very recommendable, the way she does ALL those different roles/clones is amazing! 

The 100 - can´t wait for, is it season 5? 

Peaky Blinders

Mindhunter

Ozark was mentioned

Fauda (Israelian series about the conflict between Israel and Palestina. Very good but horrible dubbing)

Anything Kiefer does: 24, Designated Survivor and Touch- great stuff! 

Currently watching Limitless and having lots of laughs, looking forward to start on Game of Thrones and Vikings! Late bloomer., I know. 

Old one but good one : Nip/Tuck

How many ways can you polish up a turd?