I like making videos :)

RayL

Vertigo.gif.7050f8f42d6ebc690939de301cfb3350.gif

As some of you guys may know,  have a passion for videography. I like filming, planning and editing videos. I've been researching for the past few months, learning different editing and filming techniques and I recently got a Sony A 6000 camera + a Zheyun Crane 2 stabilizer to go with it. 
I am interested in your opinion guys, any thoughts you have over the videos I'll post here are welcomed so feel free to let me know if you'd change something, or something just doesn't feel right.

Yours truly, 

Rayntin Tarayntino 😛

• Like 5
Former Community Moderator

:D that's awesome to hear @Nospheratu, there's no message in it to be honest, just took the dog for a walk and started shooting. It was only a test trial for coloring the images, trying out that "Barrel roll" feature on the gimbal, a bit of slowmo and I am just in love with the Vertigo effect (the effect used in the GIF in the OP as well). You basically move forward and zoom out or move backward and zoom in, creating this trippy effect where the subject remains stationary but the whole world just morfs around it ♥️. Thanks on your thoughts on the video, I'll do my best to get more of them up here.

/Ray

@Livertool, I believe males are called balerino's, I know this because I just watched Joe Rogan's podcast with Macaulay Culkin (had to google the name for the spelling).:happyshy:. That piece of the video is a reversed video, but I have to agree he jumps after that stick gracefully, like a BALERINO!🤣
@psrquack, I'll mention this idea next week when we go out for beers with Mika :peace:, he's loves wheels.

• Like 2

Aha,that's where money for freerolls ended. 😉

What are the chances of seeing your first homemade video out?  🤣
Dont understand myself much into that branch,but quality of that video is WOW.

Do you have some preordered plans or "start and see where will it end".
Do you like some stile more then other? Do you like long films or short ones? Etc.
Would like to hear more.

Also,I would like to see "Malta streets"...so if you have a time  👼

Good luck with your "Raynet production" !

@XY, most of my videos are home made 🤣 since I make them at home.
Regarding the quality of the video, yeah, the Sony A6000 even after 6 years of being on the market is still a camera that holds it's place with amateur videographers. It's not that expensive either, you can buy it for around 400 which is quite cheap for what it can deliver. The lenses though pump up the price a bit.
In terms of work, I've had some gigs last year and believe it or not, I shot and edited them on my Samsung S8+ smartphone 🤣, but they weren't serious project and now I have this new setup which will take the quality of my work to a new level.
At the moment I have a personal trainer / health blogger lady that would like 1 video a week + a photoshoot a month but I'm undecided if to accept or not, it's a bit too much work for my schedule, but I might make her a video here and there. As a stable gig I have weddings in summer as a second videographer which basically means I do B-Roll. I mostly film the enviroments, fly the drone over the venues where they have the weddings, stuff like that. I like it and I get to learn from pro's + make a bit of money on the side :)
In terms of my own taste, I really don't know yet. I'm experimenting with everything but at the moment shorter videos are easier to make. The longer it gets, the harder it is to keep the viewer's attention focused on the video. But I do have a writer friend writing a script for a future short film, I have an idea which I'm not sure how it's going to work but we'll see. 
My aim is to become good at editing, that's where the magic happens. Have a look at the video below, it's not mine, but it has become a goal for me to learn to edit like this. It's a masterpiece.

• Like 1

Nice,now I get you @RayL ! 

I,personally,would take lady's offer,but you dont wanna go in that direction. :laugh:

That video is nice,but it became too intensive on the final third.Lost interes a bit.
Otherwise,nice way of presenting and expiriencing Turkey in just a few frames and minutes.

Looking forward to see more materials from you! 😃

@RayL wrote:

Deleted that one @psrquack thanks for letting me know, please try and keep these reports in the "offensive username" thread.

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/Offensive-Username/td-p/171738

I wasn't offended for that name actually my bet goes that the accent was rather wondering than offensive and that fitted to the video too, but I understand online standards making difference hardly between the two things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made this one in the weekend for a friend who organizes a Basketball league. I keep filming more and more footage with every project and with this one I decided to organize the footage in a way in which I don't miss any good shots, so I had to go through around 70gb of raw footage which took up like 50% of the time I asigned to this whole project 🤣 I need to figure out a better option, but with that said, I am more or less happy with how this one came out. 

Enjoy :)

• Like 2

Isn't ball games about hardest things to shoot, especially fast ones? You got to have pretty good eye for game so you can anticipate what is going to happen and where will ball be to get good footage. So i think you did well :)

Next time, try bandy 🤣 I am sure it is being played in freezing Malta.

(how do they even see the ball, beats me)

@RayL wrote:

Made this one in the weekend for a friend who organizes a Basketball league. I keep filming more and more footage with every project and with this one I decided to organize the footage in a way in which I don't miss any good shots, so I had to go through around 70gb of raw footage which took up like 50% of the time I asigned to this whole project 🤣 I need to figure out a better option, but with that said, I am more or less happy with how this one came out. 

Enjoy :)

1:17 nice flop! :Laugh:

A melange between athletics and aesthetics only an artist like @RayL is able to capture! Not since Leni Riefenstahl did sports look so good!

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I am fairly positive I could produce a decent video filming something like that @Livertool, it's not all that hard to be honest if you have the right setup. I filmed all this with a Sony 1.8/50 lens meaning that it's way more zoomed in than your regular wide angle lenses. This way I can get the footage "Closer" to the action without being knocked over by the guys playing. I would assume same goes for bandy to a certain extent although the pitch is way bigger than a Basketball pitch and I wouldn't necessarily concentrate on the ball but on guys knocking over each other, ice skates grinding the ice, stuff that looks awesome in slow-mo.

@WuDu The guy flopped so many times that I actually managed to get him in 2 times in the video, the same dude that flops at 1:42 :D.

Glad you guys like it, I'm into learning a bit more color grading, I found it hard to fix the contrasts overall colors to give this one a real cinematic look. Ended up being a bit flat in colors, but the guys that got me to film it liked it so this might be only me whipping myself for no reason.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and don't hold back if you feel something is off or disruptive in a video that I post. Point it out, helps me improve. :)

/Ray