Community Video Game Geek Thread

RayL

Guys, can anyone here give me a recommendation for a great game to play? Cities: Skyline looks interesting, but I'm looking for something like "The Last of Us" (not available on PC, unfortunately) or Dying Light. Some first person shooter, 2-4 years old, PC-game.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@RayL

Do you have some other suggestions? I'd like the surroundings to be a little more realistic...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@NospheratuI see you're a man of culture as well, so better check out the new Kingdom Rush Vengeance coming at 22nd day this month 🆒 You wouldn't happen to have any idea about the price for it? Doesn't matter, got to get it anyway :laugh:

And @WuDu, about point and click games I bet not that many played this classic beauty on Atari Jaguar:

Nowadays imo there's only one legit point&click game serie that truly deserves to get noted. It's a bit bizarre, i know, but that's exactly why it's so awesome :Veryhappy: There's many of those, but this was personally the first one that got me hooked to it:

You can play it here, for example. Better to get a new mouse just for it, if you haven't played them earlier. Click clik! :Thumbsup:
https://www.kongregate.com/games/RustyLake/cube-escape-the-cave

• Like 1

@RayL wrote:

If it's FPS you are looking for I would go for Bioshock Infinite @WuDu. I loved that game, Dying Light is also a good option.

I like the bioshock series..

.i bough a xmas bundle on stream...that game surprise me ..it is an immersive creative game ..really entertaining

here hat my steam account look like...129612357_bandicam2018-11-0503-37-22-614.jpg.5494b7b60fd7d0ae60e64422ead9472b.jpg

• Like 1

@RayL I think i've stumbled across streams by accident but never stuck around too long. Not really my thing. When i watch gameplay vids it's usually either for a fast summary of how a game is or to compare how others are approaching some challenge compared to myself, usually after i've already beaten it as i don't like getting walkthroughs. Speedruns and no death runs (and other similar skills) are styles that i'm into and will watch occasionally.

@Rushbie I've heard about the upcoming game but not followed any updates or anything. I see that it's taking a departure from the old formula so now you're building an own army and attacking instead. Not sure how i feel about the changes but most likely i'll get this game aswell. Pricing i think might be around the same as Origins.

• Like 1

@RayL wrote:

@WuDu, unfortunately I don't, I kept looking through my play history but most of them are on PS4 and not available through PC. :) Sorry buddy, I am not a huge fan of FPS's, I am more of a 3rd person game type of guy.

Thanks. What about story based 3rd person games?

Well @WuDu, I can't stress "The last of Us" enough :) but there is also "The Witcher 3""Shadow of Mordor" , "Horizon: Zero Dawn", "Just Cause 3"  if you haven't tried them yet.

Another one I really enjoyed was Mad Max although the opinion seems a bit divided with that one. I loved the idea of having a tuned up muscle car with a harpoon attached to it :Rofl: which you can rampage with and on top of that the "Roam on foot" aspect is quite well executed. Visually the game is amazing and the fistfights brutal. 

• Like 1
Former Community Moderator

• Like 2

@WuDu, I think he's back though. They released his account again. If you look at the big picture I have to agree that the reaction was a bit harsh on youtube's side. The video is brutal though, he punches the NPC while it was delivering a speech on how women should be allowed to vote in the 20'th, chases her down and lasoes her to the horse, goes into the wild and feeds her to the aligators. I get why people got pissed off about it.

How did you find the videogame recomandation by the way?

• Like 1

@RayL wrote:

@WuDu, I think he's back though. They released his account again. If you look at the big picture I have to agree that the reaction was a bit harsh on youtube's side. The video is brutal though, he punches the NPC while it was delivering a speech on how women should be allowed to vote in the 20'th, chases her down and lasoes her to the horse, goes into the wild and feeds her to the aligators. Living in today's world, I get why people got pissed off about it.

How did you find the videogame recomandation by the way?

We're still taking about pixels on a screen? How many "men" die during games? And don't get me started on German soldiers just doing their jobs in MOH:AA asking for my "Papiere" when trying to get onto the submarine, I slaughtered those guys...:laugh:. But it's funny to me that the NPCs in front of the screen get triggered so much about one of their own being killed on screen:lPaYdCMh-image

🆒

I wasn't a big fan of your recommendations as I'm looking for a game with rather realistic surroundings. No witchcraft or hobbits or space weapons and stuff like that. A world overrun by zombies makes sense, as weird as that might sound. Do you have further ideas for PC games that are a little older? What about Far Cry 4, is that game OK? I played FC 2 back in the day and wasn't really impressed.

• Like 1

Yeah well, Youtube has a notorious reputation of turning into a political opinion-influencer after some decisions from advertising companies were made a while back 😞 @WuDu.
Obviously it has it's impact to game developers as well, and tomorrows kids are all soon playing games on environment limited by those companies. The more that ideology grows, the more the advertising companies needs to follow the interests of masses, and then the sudden restrictions like this will happen.

• Like 2

Oh well @WuDu, if we look at it like this I have to agree with you, the ban was pointless. I would be the happiest man alive if some of my all time favorite game franchises would be able to keep being creative without the limitations of today's political climate but that is just a utopian thought, I think this will only get worse with time, call me a pesimist if you will :).
I was never a big fan of FarCry to be honest, I played 2 as well. GhostRecon and The Division come to mind for some reason in terms of "Realism" but they are 3rd person shooters best enjoyed with a group of friends. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. 

• Like 1

@RayL

Don't worry, "The Last of Us" was your recommendation as well, unfortunately, it's not a PC game. Once I have time, I'm getting Far Cry 3, I think considering my hardware that's the more appropriate choice.😃 I'm still open for recommendations...

If YT, twitter, FB, Google and so on keep pushing their agenda while actively surpressing conservative views, it's only a matter of time before antitrust takes a closer look at them...:inlove:

Well @WuDu I didn't want to be the one that sais it, since I am a console peasant and all 🤣, but in my opinion consoles are tha way to go if you ask me when it comes to video games. Now hold on, hold on....before you guys start sharpening your pitchforks and crucify me to on the main page of the Community 👼, I used to have a PC for gaming and play games on it. BUT... the constant hardware upgrades, drivers, ocasional torrented games or cracks not working frustrated the hell out of me. I would much rather just spend the money on a game and enjoy it may that be a good single player experience or a fun multiplayer session with my friends than having to worry about upgrading my PC, graphics being crappy... you name it. Plus I kind of enjoy having only a Dual Shock controler in my hand and slob on the couch than having to worry about the keyboard and mouse combo at a desk. It's more convenient and relaxing for me is what I want to say :). + there are the obvious reasons, the Play Station exclusive games and PS+ games for free every month.

• Like 1

Study-claims-men-who-play-video-games-perpetuate-technomasculinity/

:Waterfall:

From the article:

“Gender is socially organized in the West in a hierarchized binary differentiating men and women along supposedly natural or biological masculine and feminine traits,” said Johnson. “The association between technology, masculinity, and what we think of as skilled work is still fundamental to the gendered division of labor,” and thus, the oppression of women and the gender pay gap, he added."

:Laugh:

rjhshot

Thank God, masculinity is a problem the author of the article doesn't have to face...

• Like 2

The Getaway for PS2 was a really solid title that i could recommend for those into the  action/crime type of genre. More story emphasized, it's not really an open world where you can also have fun just running around wreaking havoc as a sideshow. The missions are centered around gunfights and almost nothing else.

The game is good for what it does wich is a gangster adventure in an English setting with it's cultural specifics and once you've completed the story, that's it.

• Like 2

Guys, due to this topic I started playing Far Cry 3 for PC and now my overall productivity is going down. Since I haven't played for 10 years, I don't really care whether the games are up to date, but my oh my, the A.I. in FC3 is just atrocious.

However I like those WW2 first person shooters much better.

• Like 1