Community Video Game Geek Thread

RayL

1014946751_Videogames.gif.9d91db3162b42fcfec9889dc0bce8e9f.gif

Heyah gang.

How many of us play Video Games? What platform are you guys using? What's your favorite game? What are you playing at the moment? 
Myself I have a PS4 and used to play quite regularly, one of the games that I've put in the most hours is Tom Clancy's "The Division" but stopped playing it. I just finished the new "Spiderman" game and can hardly wait for "Red Dead Redemption 2" :laugh:.
One of my all time favorite games is "The Last Of Us" and am realy excited for the second part. If you are present on PSN, let me know your Alias, maybe we could be killing zombies, dragons and badguys together one day :happy:

:peace:

• Like 9
Former Community Moderator

I think the same of The Last Of Us @MoreTBC, re played that game around 3 times, first on PS3 and when I bought the PS4, 5 years ago when it came out, as soon as they remastered it I had to get it again :).

"RDR2" will be having a Multiplayer feature from what I understood. Is there any info on that so far? Will it be someting like Co/op or more like you against the world? I reaaaaly enjoy Co/op, would be nice to be able to join up with friends and gangster around in the wild west.

I did sort of the same thing, played it all the way through on PS3 and then I think the remastered version came bundled with my PS4 as a download but I never got through it. I'll probably revisit it as some point.

Not sure on the RDR2 multiplayer stuff. I've always found I play Rockstars games for the single player experience rather than the multiplayer so I've not really looked into it.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Well @MoreTBC, I have to agree that GTA 5 Online was a mess 🤣, I didn't like it one bit, however I think RDR2 will go in a different direction in terms of online gameplay. I found a Multiplayer trailer from the first one (Never played it myself) and it looks like it was a gang coop. If they implement this in the same style, I'll be a happy man. Fingers crossed :happy:

• Like 2

The last games I played were Madden 10, NBA 2K9 with Garnett on the cover and Fifa 09. Not to forget Call of Duty- World at war.

That's roughly 10 years ago! :geek:

All time favorite first person shooters at the time for me: Medal of Honor, Call of Duty 1 and World at war. 

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I'm obviously a long time video gamer....i use to 'Mauser' headshot everybody like nobody else back in day on medal of honor PC lol

overplayed all the battlefield, by far my favorite gaming series...but the modern warfare is out of my taste...so i stopped for years...a well due break lol

i got back with 4 & GTAVi had a cheat to get as much money as i wanted by reselling the same vehicle over and over lol , i was throwing down with the chopper, it wasn't pretty lol.....until one day my ps3 was burned...i suspect GTAV to be the author of that crime lol

now i only play battlefield 1 first world war, kinda realistic i enjoy it...this and ufc 3 lol imma madmen in that game..i likely beat up most angry teen in the US lolll pff but I'm getting old.....bah sometimes you can find a competitive game, always fun

you can add me to play i don't mind broken-will1 ufc3 and battlefield 1 :D

• Like 4

@pittpitt wrote:

I'm obviously a long time video gamer....i use to 'Mauser' headshot everybody like nobody else back in day on medal of honor PC lol

PC bro knows what's up! 👍

GET THOSE BANGALORES! Still getting PTSD from that...:Laugh:

Did you also play Wolfenstein 3D and Duke Nuk'em? :Rofl:

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

@pittpitt wrote:

PC bro knows what's up! 👍

GET THOSE BANGALORES! Still getting PTSD from that...:Laugh:

Did you also play Wolfenstein 3D and Duke Nuk'em? :Rofl:

nop never, i pretty much stick with medal of honor until they shut down the multiplayer server lol

the one that give me most PTSD is diff killing floor loll 

and that 1 loll 

i LMAO when i go for a jogging run and once couple hundred meter i go for a sprint...

and sometimes not on purpose i encounter people while sprinting lol ( they are like..look at this god damn guy hes completely nuts loll )

im know I'm likely nuts to them but not the people that sprint themselves ...some like to go for a bike ride, nothing against them but when I go biking I prefer cross country :P

Awww man, @pittpitt and @WuDu, MOH Allied Assault and especially the invasion of Normandy Map were my favorites back in the days I used to love that game! Sure I converted to consoles now, but I'll never forget the days when I had a 500 mb HDD "gaming" rig at home and I had to decide whether to install Virtual Cop or Virtual Fighter on it because the memory couldn't hold both 🤣
Speaking of PC gaming, did any of you guys get hooked on Heroes of might and magic? I had countless sleepless nights with that one! 😉. Oh the nostalgia...:waterfall:
@pittpitt, I also enjoyed GTA V, I found it the second best story driven gameplay after "The Last of Us".
I also see @WuDu mentioning FIFA, but I never got that far. The last football game I enjoyed was World Cup 98, when I used to pick Brazil against a way weaker team and beat them to 49 - 0 🤣

I might be threading on thin ice here, but to me as I see EA and their "Sports" games lineup, it seems to me that less and less effort is going into actually making these games. Sure the Football craze is on and people will buy it anyways but c'mon, I saw my colleagues play 2019 the other day and graphically I must say I was shocked to see that the game is literally a copy / paste from years ago...

• Like 2

@pittpitt, As I said, an oppressed scenario like "Abe's Odyssey" just darker in nature. Looks fun though, they keep rolling out games like this monthly on PS+ subscriptions, I'll keep an eye out for it.
@Nospheratu, Vice City was a game changer in it's genre, I remember being able to delete the music files and being able to import my own music into the car's radio (now that I mention it, it might have been ("San Andreas"...), the missions, jumping with motorcycle and the havoc that can be raised in "Malibu Club" remain priceless childhood memories for me 🤣 . There was a feature in Vice City in which you could pick up a "hitchhiker", do you remember that?🤣

• Like 1

Holy moly, @RayL...let the nostalgia roll:

I had the very first Fifa for PC back in 94. That game had a glitch where you could position yourself in front of the opposing goalie, wait for the kick-off and get the easy score. :Laugh:

Then my parents got me FIFA 96 as a Christmas gift, hahahaha, the "Virtual Stadium" technology was the :Heart::Hearts::Heart: back in the day!

In 98 I got Fifa 98- Road to World cup as a bootleg from a school mate. Intro with "Song 2" and the different stadia was legendary and that was the last FiFa game I heavily played. Since it was the road to world cup, I always tried to qualify for and subsequently win the World Cup 98 with the Cook-Islands. :Cool:

I have a funny story about the lazy developers of EA sports as well. I played every Madden NFL game in the early 2000s up until 2005 with Ray Lewis on the cover:

Then my PC got too slow for the new games and I stopped playing for a while up until I got my new one in 2008. So after playing Madden 05, the next one I got was Madden 08 and I kid you not, the graphics were exactly the same! :Speechless: 3 years between the games and all they did was getting a new intro, new music and the current players, the game play was the same.

The game that made me spend way too much time on it was Civilization 2:

I liked that game so much: Killing the natives and robbing their land, making peace with the other civilizations just to cross them 10 minutes later, nuking your rivals without notice...:Rofl:

• Like 2

@RayL wrote:

@pittpitt, As I said, an oppressed scenario like "Abe's Odyssey" just darker in nature. Looks fun though, they keep rolling out games like this monthly on PS+ subscriptions, I'll keep an eye out for it.

It may seem a darker subject, but it is really just a harsher background..& the challenging struggles... is't just a nice game easy to dislike...obv can't deny the Bosnian bad luck lol...what can i say lol

• Like 2

I briefly played Civilizations 2 @WuDu, for some reason it wasn't widely known in my circle. One of the most frequvented strategy game besides HOMM mentioned above was AoE2 and I especially liked it for the cheatcodes 🤣 I used to "how do you turn this on" (05:03 of the video below) through the maps with ease. :happy:

• Like 3

Anyone played the old Shadow Warrior game on PC? You were this Chinese guy and walked around killing off badguys orcs and whatnot based on the same Build engine as Duke Nukem. When you sliced with the sword the enemey would get cut in half and you could even use a sewered orc head as a flamethrower or an organic heart that you squeezed and it spawned a clone of yourself that attacked the enemy just crazy stuff 🤣 He'd also make these funny comments with a goofed out chinese accent🤣

• Like 1

@Nospheratu, we rewinded waaaaay back to basics now 🤣. Of vourse I am familiar, same makers of Duke Nukem, a true classic.
I'll raise you this beauty :D anybody familiar with this piece of gaming history? Do you think that in today's world something like this could hit the market without serious repercusions to the makers?

• Like 4

Wolfenstein 3D was illegal here in Germany due to all the Nazi flags on the walls! A school mate gave it to me on floppy disk...🤣 The best was hitting "M I L", that cheat code gave you unlimited ammo and full health. That was really needed to fight against robot Hitler in the end...:laugh:

Did anybody play Return to Castle Wolfenstein as well?

I really liked that cable car scene which they stole from an old Clint Eastwood movie...

• Like 1

Did I play Return to Castle Wolfenstein? 🤣 the more we talk here the more I realize why I didn't have any friends in my childhood, I didn't go out.
To answer the question @WuDu, yup, I did. It's interesting that the game actually got banned though due to the obvious reasons. But still interesting that the government would censor something like that even though, well I wanted to say it's just a game but on a second thought, playing in a room littered with swastikas and the iron eagle, defeating Nazi's, and ultimately Robot Hitler, yeah. I think censorship was somewhat called for.

• Like 2