Introduction to Ladies at Unibet Poker

balticblonde

Hi, my name is Daiva and I'm proud to be a former Ambassador at Unibet Poker.  I've been playing poker for over 8 years now and I still feel as excited about the game as I did when I sat down for my first tournament 😃

I am also very passionate about encouraging more women into live poker, and mainly the great, friendly events that Unibet hold across Europe & the UK.  

I'm hoping this board and threads can be used as an effective social platform for us female players to introduce ourselves & get to know each other whilst chatting poker & life in general, sharing successes & planning upcoming poker trips. I will also be posting any special ladies only freerolls and games here in this thread.

As this community develops I’m hoping we’ll get to meet up, chat & play poker together at an increasing number of locations; hopefully seeing more online female players in the live arena. 

I am open to all & any suggestions for this board so please feel free to drop me a line. 

It would be lovely if you could take a moment to introduce yourself and tells us a bit about your backgroud and poker aspirations :)

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Daiva x

P.S. Please do also join my "Ladies at Unibet Poker" group on Facebook and feel free to add as many female friends as you like to the page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1251783768274189/?multi_permalinks=1287313304721235&notif_t=like&notif_id=1493230369400595

On my FB group I'll be posting pictures from various poker events, charting the success of women in poker in general and ideally entice more women into the game.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. This one slipped out of my atention.

@balticblonde it's nice to see you getting some involvement in the community :)

For some idea's (I don't know what's in your/Unibet's range of possibilities ofcourse, and in the range of not discriminating men :p haha)

- A poker-competition to find the "Poker Diva". So something like the community-league with some added value (ofcourse guys can participate in the tourneys to make them more crowded, but points count for ladies only towards a leaderboard).

- Maybe you streaming would attract some girls playing poker (if you won't be on your phone whole the time like Charlotte :p)

- Some in-depth "Origins of Daiva"-post on here, where we get to know how you started and how it feels to play with unibet.

EDIT: @testuser1, maybe it would help aswell that any comment here would appear in "latest discussions" aswell? Because now it doesn't (like the off-topic forum)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

I have been playing online poker for fun since I made my first account on some site around 7 years ago, I played only freerolls on different sites for a few years, then stopped for a few years because online poker sites had legislation issues here, and now for the past year or so I'm only active on Unibet. I usually play 1€ SNGs/MTTs and UO sattellites + occasional freerolls. I'm currently working part-time from home, which means I spend quite a lot of time (both work time and free time 😏 ) behind the computer and online poker is a great hobby to have 😃

I've been a part of this community since July 2016 and I played my first live poker game in December 2016. I got the opportunity to take part in the online freerolls organized for the most active members of this community back then - and I had a bit of luck in one of those and won it 😆

The prize was a special package for Unibet Open Bucharest, where instead of main event I got to choose one of the side events to play. Since it was my first live game, I was really nervous and I was out after 15 minutes or so, after a pfai with JJ 😃 I was much smarter in the Community Freeroll side event the next day and folded 99% of my hands just for the purpose of staying in the game as long as possible 😏 

Even though I can say that I'm personally not super excited about playing live poker because of the lack of skills, it would be cool to qualify for another UO through the online sattellites in the future, and since poker still involves the factor of luck, I feel it's not an entirely impossible goal for me to have 😏 The atmosphere at the Unibet Open was really pleasant and it was great meeting all the wonderful people - the users and mods of this community & some Unibet Twitch streamers and poker players, who are now Unibet Ambassadors 😃 

I do think that it would be nice to see more ladies in general playing live poker events, and I'm especially encouraging the ones who are already passionate about the game, but for some reasons have chosen to play only online - do give live poker a try as well, you might like it 😃

Unibet events are generally known to be very welcoming and friendly towards all players and satellites for both Unibet Open and Unibet UK Tour start from the buy-in of 1€. The first few buy-in levels (from 1€ to 10€) are comfy enough for even beginner hobby players like me and once you have won some tickets for the higher buy-ins, you will also have accumulated experience with these type of sattellite games structure, which will definitely help you in the higher levels too 😃

I would also recommend tuning in to some of the Unibets Ambassadors Twitch streams, if you have time for it - they are both entertaining and educational - you can find all the streams listed here: Unibet poker streamers and you can usually get more information on the schedule when you visit the channels 😃

I wish everyone good luck with their poker goals, whatever they may be 😆

I started playing poker about 2 years ago when i discovered poker on Twitch (thanks Jason somerville or should i say Jake arver :p).

I was very quickly interested in playing myself after watching streams of poker regularly and i decided to try to play online. After a very short passage on another famous pokersite, i ended up on Unibet and never left since then.

I played mainly freerolls and UO satellite for the first year  (grinded my way up in satellite tickets all this time), and then i started playing a little more buy-in tournaments but only  small one. I don't want to start playing too seriously because it stresses me when too much money is involved (which is no good for a pokerplayer..lol).

Anyway, now i mainly play satellite for UO, UK and the occasional Belgian tournament.  I managed to win a package for the uk tour and i should go to Glasgow begin of June for my first ever live tournament :) .  I also intend to try my chance for the super extra mega Unibet Open that is still not announced for this summer.

I really like the casual side of poker on Unibet, the fun avatars, the exclusion of huds and the fact everyone is an anonymous player. It forces me to observe the other players and i feel i learn much more like that than by looking at statistics in a program. Let's not forget the twitch streams that can be super fun as well (when the streamers communicate with us :) )     (i miss the silly Thursdays  !!!)

I'm a little stressed to play live poker but i really hope i'll have a good experience when i go to Glasgow and that i'll meet many community players and Unibet members.

@balticblonde  this is a really great initiative and i hope it will be successful. If i could suggest one thing , it would be a monthly league for ladies, with a very small buy-in (1 euro) so that as much ladies as possible can join, even if only for fun.

ive tried joining group on fb it says request pending,im quite new to poker but still really enjoying it,my heart races its amazing hopefully there will be more in future which i could join but dont think il get password it time wish all u ladies the best of luck happy playing!!!!!!!!!

@kelledalechi wrote:

ive tried joining group on fb it says request pending,im quite new to poker but still really enjoying it,my heart races its amazing hopefully there will be more in future which i could join but dont think il get password it time wish all u ladies the best of luck happy playing!!!!!!!!!

I've just added you to the Facebook Ladies group /html/images/emoticons/Asset1.png

Welcome & good luck in the freeroll!

@VikingsAF wrote:

Wow. This one slipped out of my atention.

@balticblonde it's nice to see you getting some involvement in the community :)

For some idea's (I don't know what's in your/Unibet's range of possibilities ofcourse, and in the range of not discriminating men :p haha)

- A poker-competition to find the "Poker Diva". So something like the community-league with some added value (ofcourse guys can participate in the tourneys to make them more crowded, but points count for ladies only towards a leaderboard).

- Maybe you streaming would attract some girls playing poker (if you won't be on your phone whole the time like Charlotte :p)

- Some in-depth "Origins of Daiva"-post on here, where we get to know how you started and how it feels to play with unibet.

EDIT: @testuser1, maybe it would help aswell that any comment here would appear in "latest discussions" aswell? Because now it doesn't (like the off-topic forum)

1. Hiya, thank you for your feedback and some great ideas @VikingsAF  :)

I really like the sound of the league, I will speak to the Unibet Marketing team to discuss this further. "Unibet Poker Diva" that's a pretty awesome name too :Ok:

2. I would be happy to investigae potentially streaming the women's events online in the future and/or appearing as a special guest on the other Unibet Ambassador's Twitch streams :)

3. I will write a seperate post with some more detail on my background & poker history as per your request :Cool:

Archived