Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GT Rank 9
Rank 9

I understand from the rules that If one set has been completed, all match bets are not voided. Today, I placed a bet on Sharapova to win when the score was alread 2-1 in favour of sharapova. After a couple of minutes, Sharapova retired from the match. Surely, the bet should be voided as it was effectively the same as the winner of the third set. If for example, I placed a bet during the second set for X to win that set and X retires, the bet would be voided, right? 

0 Likes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndreiBN Rank 25
Rank 25

@GT The rules are different from a betting company to another.On Unibet,if more than a set it's been played,and one of the player retires during the match,the win goes to his/her opponent.

Some other companies void all bets,regardless if one of the player retired,even when maybe there is only one game to be played.This had positive and negative sides both ways.Many times i lost my bets on Unibet ,because in the decisive set ,my favourite player retired ,even if she was in the lead.But there has been also good times,when the player that i had my bet on was playing really bad,but his/her opponent retired,and i won the bet.

So,there is no general rule about this,it's up to the betting company to set thier rules,and we agree to them when we create an account Smile

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"
0 Likes
3 REPLIES
GT Rank 9
Rank 9
I learnt that even in the second scenario, the bet would be lost. It hurts to lose a bet in such a way. The game did not proceed( due to the retirement of Sharapova) on after placing the bet and still I lost
0 Likes
AndreiBN Rank 25
Rank 25

@GT The rules are different from a betting company to another.On Unibet,if more than a set it's been played,and one of the player retires during the match,the win goes to his/her opponent.

Some other companies void all bets,regardless if one of the player retired,even when maybe there is only one game to be played.This had positive and negative sides both ways.Many times i lost my bets on Unibet ,because in the decisive set ,my favourite player retired ,even if she was in the lead.But there has been also good times,when the player that i had my bet on was playing really bad,but his/her opponent retired,and i won the bet.

So,there is no general rule about this,it's up to the betting company to set thier rules,and we agree to them when we create an account Smile

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"
0 Likes
cris1285 Rank 19
Rank 19

As @AndreiBN says, different bookies, different rules. At Unibet the bet stands if at least one set is played. You can see the rules of the bookies right here, i hope i am allowed to link it: http://tennisbios.com/view/tennis-bookmakers. Bad to loose stake like this, but if Lucic is the one who retires, you win. Maybe next time you are on the better side of the d..k Smile (I mean duck of course)