Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
livertool Rank 21
Rank 21

That is coming soon, so i would like to know how that "license to be forgotten" works?

Companys should then erase all data from users if they ask. So just wondering if there is loophole to get wellcome bonuses over and over again by closing and opening new account with same information? 

I would never do that Angel Smirk but just asking, would it be possible?

"I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing"
5 REPLIES
PokerAndBetting Rank 17
Rank 17

@livertool wrote:

That is coming soon, so i would like to know how that "license to be forgotten" works?

Companys should then erase all data from users if they ask. So just wondering if there is loophole to get wellcome bonuses over and over again by closing and opening new account with same information? 

I would never do that Angel Smirk but just asking, would it be possible?

That's a really good questions.
Since they are supposed to delete all your data they shouldn't be able to know if you have registered before.

But I guess there some special rules for issues like that this, some rules for fraud etc must apply I guess. 

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver
livertool Rank 21
Rank 21

Or the end of the wellcome bonuses as we know it...

No, i think they have something to prevent closing and opening new accounts. Otherwise that self exclusion thingy is also quite useless Wonder

@livertool and @PokerAndBetting, Smile
GDPR is a hot topic nowadays, I'm not surprised that you guys are interested about it.
The ICO homepage mentions couple of touch points which is the framework of the Data Protection act, I will have a word with somebody more knowledgeable in this these days to have a full overview of the situation but here's what I know till now.
GDPR does't require Gaming Companies to delete all data and it only applies in certain circumstances:
"The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances."
"This right is not the only way in which the GDPR places an obligation on you to consider whether to delete personal data."
There is a good reason for that as well as mentioned above Bonuses and allot more factors that might hurt or damage an online company.
At it's core. the idea is to protect everybody against online fraud, and knowing this aspect it gives companies a right to protect themselves as well.
I don't mean to sound vague, I know the optimization of our processes has been ongoing for a couple of months now to ensure we are in line with EU regulations and I am not entirely sure about deleting all data either. These rules apply for online stored data overall and to generalize it over all companies regardless of business profile is not possible.
"The personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which you originally collected or processed it for;"
Which in it's essence if deleting that information can lead to the individuals personal damage, the company's or can lead to online fraud I doubt it will be approved.

/Ray

livertool Rank 21
Rank 21

TY @Ray-Unibet for this and happy to hear more when you know more. Information is out there but there are million rules and even if i wanted to read them all, probably couldn´t understand them.

So somekind of sum up, in language that everyone could understand, what it means to our accounts and gambling companys would be nice Smile

Rushbie Rank 19
Rank 19

Hmm, does this upcoming law also finally make it possible to us to be able to delete our own stupid drunken crap-posts and other pointless things like that? Laugh
That'd be awesome Thumbs Up

"Wise men know their limits. Great men have no limits."
Thunder402