verification

wwaanneess

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey @wwaanneess,

Do you still have the same numbers in your card? If the expiry date is different, that's absolutely OK and we can just verify the card itself. If you don't have the card anymore, then it's unfortunately not possible to make a new deposit with a new card, as that would not verify the old one at all. I'm checking about the UK Tour tickets. :) 

Ok! @ReCorpH  Pls check if I have the tickets in my account, because if I haven't all this is wasted energy anyway...

Also it's no longer the same numbers I'm sure because I had to renew it once because we got scammed once.

Cynism at its best: Scammers get away with everthing and normal users get their account frozen for 2 (probably 3 or 4) weeks because of over strict verification...

Also know someone(also Belgian) who randomly got asked verification in same period: was also asked copy of ID, copy of bank card, copy to show address, but he didn't have to go 3 years back with bank statements... 

Really lame that I have to do this and other people don't...

As @Livertool  said, this really lacks commen sense!

• Like 1

Hey @wwaanneess and sorry for this, I completely understand the frustration. I'll check the situation with the UK tickets.

Also, while there certainly is genuine customers stuck in the "crossfire" every now and then, the amount of not genuine customers getting caught due to verifications is still so much higher, that it "justifies" the false positives. :)

@wwaanneess wrote:

As @Livertool  said, this really lacks commen sense!

I understand why they want see purchase from that 2017 card to see that it was yours, just don't understand if they are going to ask it, why they don't do it in reasonable period of time that peeps has actually chance to deliver the information and not after years has past by. They could easily at least put some section to verification page where you could update and verify yourself if you use new payment method. It would be easy to upload receipt of payment there just in case they would like to see it one day. 

But anyways, like said i think all they want to know that card has belong to you in the past so if you can find at least some payment used by that 2017 card in yout bank history maybe that would convince them 8or not) even if that payment wouldn't be those deposits from 2017 but something else. But if you lost that card in 2017 then that isn't really option too.

Over and out, can't think anything else that might help you- Hopefully you get it sorted :)

Hey @Gpa and welcome to the Community! Could you send me a PM regarding the call and I'll then verify it for you. 

@wwaanneess, as @Livertool said, I'm fairly sure that's the verification issue here as well. So ownership of that card is required, if you want you can send me a PM and I'll try and sort out some ways to verify it rather than those exact deposits. I can't guarantee it'll work but it will be a step forward. :) 

@ReCorpH  yes I know what you're saying, there are def people claiming to be correct and are not , anyway I kinda over it, realising that there will be probably another UK tour later this year and by than I'll definitly will have sort it out, so I can use my tickets then. I really have to thank you for taking the time to look into it and all!

@Gpa  definitly not saying Unibet is scamming! With my experience over the last ten years I must say that they are really good their customers, for exemple with the exchange of tickets into smaller ones, with their willingnes to extend expired tickets, the amount of free tickets they give in streams, ... I was frustrated over it all because I was really looking forward to play UK Tour online this Sunday, but there will be another online UK Tour in a couple of months (at least I think that is what I read somewhere).

So people who follow this, it's coming to an expected sad end... @ReCorpH did everything he could to come to a middle way solution, but customer service replied me they really need these bank statement of 2017, that I'm still waiting for WORLDLINE to send me, probably will take another week or so... Thanks @ReCorpH  for your try, you're a good guy!

I'm a micro-low cashgame grinder, which is not so exciting, but what excites me most in poker is grinding up small sattelits on the side to be able to play 'bigger' tournaments. In the 10 year I'm playing I attended 3 Unibet Opens in Talinn, Cannes and Kopenhagen, one Belgian Championship in Blankenberge and one UK Tour in Brighton, apart from some other events with Partypoker. Was really looking forward to play this UK TOUR online event too tomorrow, but due to very strict verifications (started 3 weeks ago) I'm blocked from playing it. 

This feels like the biggest badbeat of my poker career! I know I'm probably not gonna cash the event, just playing it always feels so much fun! But yeah...

Live and learn!

• Like 1

@wwaanneess  I feel really bad for you with all this. I'm the same as you, low stakes but playing the satties for the live experience, and to be honest not really looking forward to playing the UK leg online on Sunday, that's not why I started playing them. (If I survive till the end of registration I'll regard that as a result :happy:) At least I'm getting the chance to play, unlike you in this poor situation, best of luck going forward.

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

little update of my misery: still no mail back from worldline with the bank statements of June 2017.

Called Fortis and Worldline again and they say again that it's the other side that has to provide the info or use the website they both suggest, but after 14 days still no answer from filling in that online form, they suggested I fill it in again, which I did...

beyond frustrating !!!

worldline.thumb.jpg.53f249c54994e9875758440bd347f47f.jpg

• Like 1

update: still not a single reply from Worldline... Have filled in the form for a second time last week and at the end of the week will fill it in for third time and will keep doing it every week  because I really want to play on Unibet again :(

what i'm not going to do anymore is to call them, because it's quite expencive 0.30 cent per minute and the only thing they say after long time waiting, is they can't help but I have to go to that online form which i did two times now...

it's very frustrating, i know i haven't used anyone else his or her credit card to make these payments, but there's no way to prove it,  i can only get those bank statements until Worldline finally sends me them through that online form...

sigh

Good thing i decided to keep things simple and have only one card / bank account for online poker. 

Honestly i don't know if i'd have the patience for all of this. Probably called it quits in the first week.

• Like 2

@FreedoM wrote:

Good thing i decided to keep things simple and have only one card / bank account for online poker. 

Honestly i don't know if i'd have the patience for all of this. Probably called it quits in the first week.

I think i have 2 other cards that i have used, from banks that i don't use anymore, not for 10 years. I beg Unibet to ask for those so i can't use my money on them 🤣

@ReCorpH  is there some timeline to ask those? Due gdpr, what is the timeline that you can ask information (cause i think there is) ?

@ReCorpH  You definitly don't need to apologise! You offered some alternative solutions, wherefor thanks!

I'm sure in the end Worldline will reply one of the online forms I fill in, the deadline is September for the next UK Tour online.

Pretty optimistic about that deadline :-)

• Like 2

Got an email from my bank (so not WOrldline) with some advice if Worldline doesn't answer the request to send bankstatements.

She gave me number to call and to put an official complaint to them so they are forced to reply, so that's the next step :-)

the quest to unfreeze my account continues...

worldline.jpg.5c631761b90f57eaf0d50249270da2a9.jpg

btw: to be clear, i mean an official complaint against worldline, not unibet. Nothing wrong with verification of an account ofcours, it's my fault to have used a second deposit method in 2017 (visa instead of the usual paysafe card), so i realise now, no blame at unibet.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@wwaanneess  It does sound very frustrating with the conflicting information from your bank and Visa. We always advise to contact the bank for this information, and it's actually the first time I've heard of it not being available on an active account, even though it's an old card. Honestly, I thought they were compelled legally to keep such information when you're  a customer there.
Sorry to hear about the troubles, I hope it can be cleared up soon.

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager