Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
9 REPLIES 9
psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

The reason is too many harsh language and bullying.

0 Likes
DonBoss Rank 8
Rank 8

All other poker rooms got a chat and no one is complainning about it because all swerrings are block by the client

0 Likes
Highlighted
psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

To tell you the truth I block the chat in all other poker rooms. I'm tired reading the swear. btw the mods will come 4-5 hours later here I will give you their arguments why they don't allow chat. Currently they are out of work.

0 Likes
wwaanneess Rank 18
Rank 18

Not correct that in all other sites you can chat, at Bwin (Party Poker Network) you can't chat as well.

Those both sites are the only ones I play on and I must say I miss it a lot...

True that many times people swear & stuff, but those guys you can just blockchat, right?

Hope one day Unibet will put the chat back in their game!

0 Likes
NMPfan Rank 19
Rank 19

The point is that the people that will have their experience ruined by the ones that do not care to behave civilized will usually not block the chat, and even if they will block that person their experience is already ruined, which makes it more likely that they will not come play again. And it's not only about swearing, but also just general berating, calling the player out on how bad he played, on how he is a fish, telling him all kinds of awful things like telling him to hill himself or stuff about his parents and miscellaneous descendants, or even worse, wishing him that Trump would be his president. And except for a few rooms with a tighter community there is very little chat other than this pointless berating which just makes everyone's experience worse. 

The one upside to chat was that on many poker rooms I saw players that chose the alias mom, or my mom, or variations of that, so when someone would try to swear at them it would look like they're swearing at themselves (particularly if they didn't know english very well). It was hilarious Very Happy . But obviously it was happening a lot if those aliases were chosen. 

MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

I would like to see chat enabled for community games for the banter but overall agree that chat boxes cause more trouble than they are worth. Usually only ever thougth about when you want to berate someone. Not often you'd use it just to start up a convo about the weather.

0 Likes
NMPfan Rank 19
Rank 19

And a prime example of why there is no chat and why he wants to have it Very Happy https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/All-in-donkeys-is-any-one-have-enough-of-this-idiot...

Yeah for community games it would be kinda nice to have chat, but probably not worth it to implement just for that. There are however the twitch chats when the games are streamed Smile

Community Manager
Community Manager

I can't really put it any better than @NMPfan, we feel that the chat adds nothing but a toxic element players use to vent. Personally I don't really believe the chat is used for much else than letting oponents know of your negative feelings, at least I don't see much else than that on the site I play on Smile

mastahhh Rank 8
Rank 8

I enjoy playing Unibet due to the fact there are is no chat option. There's nothing more tilting that losing a big pot to someone one outing you on the river for them to take the mickey out of you in the chat.