please help ( poker app doesn't open at all on mac )

revvv

I have had the exact same issue ever since the new release yesterday. I also contacted support who knew nothing. 

@revvv  We are probably just going to have to wait for a fix. Not sure how it is possible to release a update without properly testing it on all devices...

@ReCorpH wrote:

Surely all updates are tested on all devices/platforms, but @Stubbe-Unibet can surely tell more or request more information if needed. :)

One would assume so, which is why i thought the problem originally was one mye end.

However this is now the second time in the last 10-15 updates where i am not even able to open the client after an update, before it has turned out that others are having the same issue. 

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting the issue! We're looking into it. Likely related to you being on an older version of OSX.

We unfortunately don't have the resources to test on every single Windows, Mac, Android and iOS version ahead of each release, so the latest OS versions are generally prioritized :)

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Thanks for your answer @Stubbe-Unibet. I understand the challenges with testing on different platforms.
However we are not talking about a small bug that is hard to locate, but rather the app not even opening. It should be possible to at least know if the software is working at all on somewhat used operating systems. 
I am currently on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6(update from november 2020), with a device from 2016. While indeed an older version High Sierra still has about a 10% marketshare of mac users.

It would be nice if in the future there could at least be a note either for support or in the decription of the new download, so i and others dont have to try all kind of sorcery to get the app to work when there is nothing that can be done 😃

@Nikzzzz, All OSX versions is less than 5% of total. High Sierra is less than 9% of these 5%. There're 6 major Android version with a higher user share, 9 iOS versions, 2 Windows versions and 2 OSX versions. So it's 20th on the list of systems to be tested.

But I do hear what you're saying, and we will of course try to get the issue fixed asap. Note that I can't say if it's a general issue with 10.13.6 just yet. Browser client is always there as a backup :)

I'll see what we can do with release notes, in terms of including tested OS versions info.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Yes, i said it had around a 10% marketshare of mac users. I understand completely that that is not a significant amount of your total player pool. 

I am not expecting there to be detailed testing, or postponement of release if problems are found. 
I won't claim to have much knowledge of how your testing works, but I will still stand by what i said that spending 10 seconds and opening the dektok app seems like a reasonable check to do for at least the 20 most used systems 😃

The browser client is working fine, and this is more feedback than a big issue for me 👍