player notes

papakias

sure i do but notes are notes and always helps you..if you play 6 tournaments you cant be focus in every players game so checking your notes from past games about players that you already play against know how they play...if you play one table or two its easy to focus in opponents game

unibet use no player notes , no hud no anything related to track some progress or whatever .  they will never bring this kind of advantage and personally i think that is the best way to play poker in this way. i play 7 tables and i am 100 % focused on all what happens at every table and every person without taking a single note.

I agree With you. Every other pokersites on the net you can take notes. When you play poker often that is a good help, because you cannot remember each and every player. Unibet make it even worse for the pokerplayer With theyre opportunity to change avatars every second. So I`m all for it ;-)

We don't have notes because they help good players more than they help weak players. Our aim is to keep weak players alive for as long as possible.

@MrHalsan wrote:
I agree With you. Every other pokersites on the net you can take notes. When you play poker often that is a good help, because you cannot remember each and every player. Unibet make it even worse for the pokerplayer With theyre opportunity to change avatars every second. So I`m all for it ;-)

It's true that every other site has notes, but every other site is also failing at the moment.  We're the only site that's up year on year right now, and we were one of two last year.  I think it's important to stick with our overall strategy, although I realise that there're parts that some players won't like.  This is also e.g why we don't have auto top-up:  if it's available and someone doesn't use it, they're almost certainly new and/or bad.  Making it harder to identify weak players keeps those players alive for a bit longer.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

I find it hard to belive that Unibet Poker is ranked higher than Poker Stars for one.... I know that isn`t so, so I wonder where you got that from :-) Poker Stars, as one of the big pokersites, have thousands of players in almost every tournaments. And they have big big tournaments too, like daily $40000 guaranteed and many others. So you must have forgotten about some other pokersites. But maybe if you compare With other bookmaking sites, maybe that is true? :-) That said, I love playing poker at Unibet :-) Wish for bigger tournamnets though ;-)

@MrHalsan wrote:

I find it hard to belive that Unibet Poker is ranked higher than Poker Stars for one.... I know that isn`t so, so I wonder where you got that from :-) Poker Stars, as one of the big pokersites, have thousands of players in almost every tournaments. And they have big big tournaments too, like daily $40000 guaranteed and many others. So you must have forgotten about some other pokersites. But maybe if you compare With other bookmaking sites, maybe that is true? :-) That said, I love playing poker at Unibet :-) Wish for bigger tournamnets though ;-)

Andrew didnt say bigger, he said they are up year on year where other sites are declining every year.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

Notes are usefull, and you should take mental notes as you play. You could write them down on a notepad if you really want to.

Although I understand your position, I agree with Andrew about why they don't want to implement notes. A problem is that too many recreational players don't change their alias enough. So it would be fun to allow notes, but when someone takes a note, let that player know that someone took a note, that way they'll change their alias more frequently. But I guess in the end it's still easier not to allow notes :D

As a pretty heavy and sophisticated note taker on places like PS, 888 or on the Merge Network before I can only say that the decision to disallow notes was a great move by the lads from Unibet. Why? It leads to a much more relaxed playing atmosphere for myself, it's more like a kitchen game online. Instead of typing into the note pad for every 2 minutes between big hands I can simply watch the tables and observe because I know nobody has any kind of sophisticated info on me thus I don't need to spend my own ressources on getting info on them as well to even out the playing field. Besides, anybody that knows how to play is probably changing his alias daily, so even if you take notes on paper, most of your work would be useless anyway...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Archived