new regulations in germany

Crabtel

Hello guys,

i remember, there was a message, that from today we can play in the windows client again, so 've downloaded the new client version today and it still says "do to regulations, etc".

Deinstalled the old version, so it was a clean installation. 

Any update on that issue?

Just a little annotation:

Currently, both the webclient and the android apk are capped at 4 tables INCLUDING replay tables. that makes it so, that either you can play 3 tables and keep one slot for rewatching action or you can play 4 tables and if you miss something you're screwed. As the Regulation only concerns with the number of tables a player is PLAYING not watching, it would be nice if this could be adressed when implementing the table cap in the desktop client.

Ty btw for your amazing work here in the forums. I'm not posting a lot but I'm reading everyday and the Mods here are amazing. So lol that your Forum Mod team is way above the whole of pstars or pp's "support" teams these days. just wanted to leave my appreciation for that.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

@Elejoe wrote:

Now that the desktop client is working again, i was wondering how the "insta-ban-yourself-button" works. Does it ban me instantly if i click it by mistake? cause its really close to the replayer, which worries me a bit :geek:

Hi @Elejoe,

Yes, it will block you for 24 hours on a single click. I said the same thing about the button positioning when I saw it but the button is in the same position on the table as it is for Swedish players and I don't think I've seen a report of a misclick for that market.

Poker Janitor

• 1 month later...

Ok I just signed up to Unibet with my shiny new German account. I have read a lot about the regulations and so forth.

I would like to talk about the Panic Button. I believe it is not in German law that the panic button has to be one click and if you click it by accident you are locked out immidietly and blinded out of all your tournaments. I believe that it a double check mechanism is perfectly acceptable under the new German laws and indeed other sites such as GG Poker and Run It Once do have such a system. I am happy to go into the language of the law and discuss it with someone.

It is all very well saying 'as far as you know nobody has pressed by accident' but all I know is I now have all over my screen a button where if I press it by mistake I lose all my money. I don't believe that the new law intended this. The law is designed to protect players. This is not protecting me.

• Like 1

Hello @Macabre  and welcome to the community! I will tag some mods here ( @Andy-Unibet @Stubbe-Unibet @ReCorpH ) and hope we will get an answer or start a discussion on this topic. 

I have also another question. I have already completed the January missions and have two tickets for the monthly freerolls in my acoount (for the 1000€ and for the 3000€ tournament). As I have a German account I will not be able to take part in these freerolls anymore. I also have two Betting Freeroll tickets. Is it possible to receive something else (few 1€ MTT tickets or a small amount of bonus points for example) as a compensation?

@Macabre, can't really comment much on this other than that's how our legal team has interpreted the law and requirements - perhaps a better safe than sorry approach. The implementation is not set to change at this stage, but we're obviously watching any development closely and monitoring what other sites are doing :)

Should add that even though your account is instantly blocked, your session isn't terminated in the client (unless you're playing in browser), so you can finish the tournaments you're already in and come back the day after (you can't do rebuy or addon) :)

@LeVsKaRa, afraid there's nothing to do. It's my understanding that we can't credit any tickets at all (unless it's due to technical issues) :(

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Thanks @LeVsKaRa :)

Hi @Stubbe-Unibet Oh that is different to what Unibet livechat support told me. It is at least sensible and fair that a player would be able to finish their tournaments rather than being locked out straight away and losing all their money on a click by mistake. I feel a bit more relaxed about it now but it is still there hovering all over every window, waiting for me to click on it by accident.

I would like to ask if German based players are eligible for leaderboard prizes in the forthcoming PKO series beginning on Sunday?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just talked to the support. Is it correct that there is no Rakeback for german players whatsoever? Meaning I would be excluded from all rakeback?

And may I ask why? Pokerstars and lots of others still offer me bonus and rakeback on a regular level. I can wrap my head around the missing first deposit bonus but with no rakeback I see no reason to play a single cash game hand on this site :(

@AcesHigh wrote:

I just talked to the support. Is it correct that there is no Rakeback for german players whatsoever? Meaning I would be excluded from all rakeback?

And may I ask why? Pokerstars and lots of others still offer me bonus and rakeback on a regular level. I can wrap my head around the missing first deposit bonus but with no rakeback I see no reason to play a single cash game hand on this site :(

@AcesHigh 

How do you define rakeback? I'm still getting challenge points here which can then be used in the bonus shop for tickets and playthrough boni.

All other promos (monthly missions, moving on up, etc) are gone for us. 

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@AcesHigh wrote:

Yeah thats what I meant. The Live Chat guy wasnt to clear on that. I thought we were reduced to zero. I guess that means when the new RB system is going to be released we will be part of this as well?

@AcesHigh 

LOLive Chat...:laugh:

From what I understood in the respective topic is that we're in the new RB system as well. In the current challenge system, we're also getting rewards. So as far as I see it, we're definitely at a disadvantage since we're excluded from certain well paying promos (Moving On Up e.g. ), however we're not at zero.

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Disadvantage for sure. But at least its not no Rakeback at all. I guess you have to be happy about that considering the current state of Onlinepoker in Germany. I wonder how excluding people from free bonus money is considered to be player protection of some sort. I guess that stupid concept is based on politicians that dont really understand what they are doing. Thx for your help!

• Like 2

@AcesHigh wrote:

I wonder how excluding people from free bonus money is considered to be player protection of some sort. I guess that stupid concept is based on politicians that dont really understand what they are doing. 

That's what you get if bank tellers, teachers, bureaucrats and university dropouts are being put in charge of our laws. Reminds me a little bit of when they started oddset with its generous payout rate of 75 %. :laugh: