new regulations in germany

Crabtel

On ocotber the first all german states decided to apply already some rules of the coming regulation of online gambling even before it comes into affect in Juli 2021.So all companies should introduce a 1k€ deposit limit and a so called panik button from the 15th of october on and from the 15th of december on no games are allowed with more then 1€ buy in and which are not at least lasting 5 seconds. All companies who are not following these rules will not get a licence when the real regulation comes into affect in Juli 2021.

So my questions would be:

Does unibet follow this rules i mean does that have any affect for me as a german resident.or does unibet ignore these cause the regulation contract itself is agains european law in general.

I contacted the unibet support and asked them and they said there will be no changes for german customers at all, so therefore they will not follow the instructions of the german government, but because im a fulltime poker pro nearly playing just on Unibet, to know what's really going on is really important for me so i would like to get a response from someone official here who can approve, what the german support lady said and I obv. also want to inform all the other german fellows who didn't got the news yet cause they were nowhere in the media in germany and who is not following all the poker subforums doesn't even know about these major changes.

would be glad if we could get some info here and maybe even start a discussion about your thoughts on this

PS: for the ones who can read german here is a small article who describes exactly what's going on https://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/bundeslaender-beschliessen-neue-zockerregeln-16981683.html

• Like 2

wow that sounds totally different from what your support said.

from no changes to probably big major changes in the gameplay.

its just 8 more days until the unofficial date for implementing the new rules, and it seems no one has a clue whats going on at all.

As I said, no decision was taken yet.

Now it looks very, very likely that the table cap etc. will be implemented as early as next week. Possibly have to limit play to the web client (where 4 tables are possible), until we have the table cap in place in the desktop client.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

the plan was to move to Paraguay at the beginning of the year, flights were already booked for the 26th of march and also accommodation, etc organized. but then came the pandemic and everything got canceled. so I'm basically waiting until commercial flights to South America are possible again and then I'm gone as fast as possible
  • Like 2

@Stubbe-Unibet are there any news now? i mean its just 2 more days so prolly finally time to inform the players about what are the plans.

other operators totally withdrew from the German market, others like 888 have own clients with a totally segregated player pool for germans and others prolly do nothing or just implement the deposit limit or tablecap. so there are so many options that it would be really nice to know what are unibets idea in this crazy situation

• Like 1

From tomorrow at 10am we'll be blocking all logins to the desktop client for German customers. It'll still be possible to play on the web client (where you can tile 4 tables) as well as Android app.

We'll be working on making the desktop client compliant, but can't say exactly when it'll happen :)

• Like 1

@Moe, it's not really like we have a choice, if we want to be compliant :) the table cap remains unless the regulator should change their mind.
@Marco182, unfortunately, the temporary solution means de.unibet.com is affected as well, including Austria companies using that domain. When the proper table cap is introduced, this will no longer be an issue (likely happening in the release next month)

i have downloaded the internation link from the support team

he also says it should work but it dosnt work.

This is very bad from a company like Unibet that someone who isnt affected from a law cant play :)

I cash out because the webversion is no alternative