funny reaction

kevanbt

i recently moved up in stakes, still micro but more than I usually play, I had started to keep records of sessions, games played, and of course, wins and looses.   Turns out I was doing better than I thought in Sit and Gos, and in Omaha.   So I moved up and started to concentrate on those two games.   

Well over a 6 day period I won every day, almost as much as I had lost in the first 6 months on this site.   i was so excited about my play, so happy that I fit in at the higher stakes and pretty excited about my bank roll.  

So the weekend came up and I could not play because of family and all that.  Today I sat down to play and I was actually a little frightened to play, afraid that it was all just a run and I would be knocked down.   Poker is a funny head game isnt it?

I sometimes get the same reaction @kevanbt , after being on a downswing for a while and now winning 4 days in a row I find it harder to make myself play because I don't want to lose what I've won. It is funny cos it's the totally wrong attitude, I should be keen to win more, but as you say poker can mess with you're mind. You've just got to keep doing what you know is right, don't worry about results of one or two hands or even one or two sessions, look at the long term. One tip I find useful is block the bankroll showing and concentrate on the game, check the roll at the end of the week, and if you're doing it right it will have increased. :cash:👍

Good Luck.😃

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Archived