bootcamp again?

Sweeedeeen

• 1 month later...

Late response here but i think this issue is important so better late then never I guess. I agree with everything OP said. 

As a site that says it caters to the recs I dont get the point of bootcamp. They are never getting a single euro from the promo. I mean I usually get anywhere from 1-1,5M points per quarter and I dont make it on the leaderboard ever. 

If all the money was taken from bootcamp it could be put into something far more beneficial for the ecology, either something that just gives to losing players or something that is randomly distributed. I remember the random prize drops being super fun, also the high hand promo was decent (without the notifications :D). If I recall correctly there was some kind of random giveaway for the winner of the pot years ago, where it sometimes was several buyins? That one was great! Also the golden ticket promo with the hilarious sweat for the giveaway was awesome.

Otherwise a rake reduction would be nice. NL200 is all but dead. With 6% rake and a 3E cap there needs to be a really bad player per table to make it worth playing.

Would love to hear thoughts from the Unibet team about why bootcamp is still running. Is it because you think it increases the number of tables running? Obviously you have the stats so it would be interesting to see if that really is the case.

• Like 2

@henrymorgan wrote:

Late response here but i think this issue is important so better late then never I guess. I agree with everything OP said. 

As a site that says it caters to the recs I dont get the point of bootcamp. They are never getting a single euro from the promo. I mean I usually get anywhere from 1-1,5M points per quarter and I dont make it on the leaderboard ever. 

If all the money was taken from bootcamp it could be put into something far more beneficial for the ecology, either something that just gives to losing players or something that is randomly distributed. I remember the random prize drops being super fun, also the high hand promo was decent (without the notifications :D). If I recall correctly there was some kind of random giveaway for the winner of the pot years ago, where it sometimes was several buyins? That one was great! Also the golden ticket promo with the hilarious sweat for the giveaway was awesome.

Otherwise a rake reduction would be nice. NL200 is all but dead. With 6% rake and a 3E cap there needs to be a really bad player per table to make it worth playing.

Would love to hear thoughts from the Unibet team about why bootcamp is still running. Is it because you think it increases the number of tables running? Obviously you have the stats so it would be interesting to see if that really is the case.

Hi @henrymorgan@wwaanneess and @Sweeedeeen 

The boot camp promotion is not exactly re friendly and it is something we usually only run at the start of a quarter. Given how long the promotion is running it is a small one in terms of promotion spend compared to our regular promotions but we are thinking about making some changes to it going forward, possibly: Flatten out the pay structure, have shorter race periods, separate NLHE and PLO leaderboards. Suggestions are most welcome to how we can incentivize cash game liquidity at the start of the quarter when players like to take some time off. 

High hand notifications turned out to be quite annoying and there should be an option to turn of frequent notifications and we are looking to change this in upcoming promotions. 

Next promotion after Unibet London slot starting May 6th will be what you requested, a random prize drop promotion where all dealt in players at the table receive a prize.  

Rake pricing is something that would have to be looked at together with the loyalty system and total promotion spend and is not planned in the near future.

• Like 1

Before when it was 1 week race period and bigger prizes for high places. Now it looks like you play 14 days, grind 4-5k rake and recieve 100-250eur for 4-10 place.

I understand that you want to motivate the players at the beginning of the quarter, but 2 week periods can lead to the players simply getting tired and will play less, also if players will play a lot onlyregs tables they will loose a lot of money :)

And my point is that rake races are bad for site ecology.

Another fun promo i saw at some other site is when sometime random money is added to pot (like it was at milestone promo).

And the main thing that I want to say to all the guys who make the unibet poker(first main thing to you all is "thank you guys"), so second main thing: it is necessary to make it so that it will become again interesting to play poker for recreational players. I play up to 10 tables and I am often bored if they play 1-2 tables, then I can’t even imagine how bored they are to play against very tight regs and nits.

You need to reduce rake or change loyality program to make this game not so tight and nitty.

• 10 months later...