Who are you ? Regular/Casual/Hardcore players ?

elclement

Regular Casual or Hardcore player ?

The topic has for goal to know who are the poker players in the community and what are they motivations.

To introduce myself, I m a 26 years old men working as a draughtmen in belgium. I start playing poker as everybody in 2003 for fun with friends then stop quickly. 2 years ago, I restart playing /learning poker seriously with Unibet and a 10 euros bonus ... I never deposit since this day :) ( lucky basterd XD)

I used to play Nl 2 cash game with a strick bankroll management (40bi) and since january I play Nl10.

The challenge for me is just to have fun and take a little monney back when it s possible ..

I play 1 or 2 hours a day after workday only 2 or 3 tables at a time.. More is possible but i have the feeling to have less fun and to not play my " A game"

And you? Who are you ?

I have been playing on Unibet for 2 years just after the new client was released.

I play for fun but play quite a lot and have more money than I started with.

I occasionally post here, and 2+2 and once in a while watch the twitch stream :P

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

I would consider myself a pretty casual player, because I don't play every day or even every week, but when I do I like SNGs and cash games the best, but I also play tournaments and freerolls, both NL and PLO. I mostly play for fun - but if I can win some money in the process that's always a plus. :) I really like Unibet's poker client, but I have to confess I play at other sites as well, mainly because some of the games I like, Razz in particular, aren't available at Unibet as of yet. But maybe some time in the future... :)

I have to say I'm impressed that you've managed that first 10 euro bonus so well that you haven't needed to deposit once in two years. Well done. :)

My story is very similar to yours 

I'm also Belgian, started playing with friends around the poker boom, and picked it up again half a year ago. Also started grinding with the bonus ticket and never deposited. Now playing NL10 and UK and Belgian qualifiers.

I also play 1 to 2 hours a day on average, and next to that also spend some time on twitch poker, pokerforums, -videos, -podcasts and reading strategy.

What makes poker fun for me is that I like complex games with some math and logic involved. In that way poker fits right in with my interest in strategy games in general.

I just have some extreme good luck in the begining. See 750 flop only on 1 table took me 2 month I think and then when I reach 40 euros ( for real) I was so proud!!!
I sat on NL4 with halfstak to have everytimes the most buy in possible until 160e. Then with 40x4e I start the strict bankroll management of 40BuyIn and I hope never get broke ^^

I see that we are too belgian Lucky as Irish XD. I watch also a lot of videos and read some forum about strategy. Twitch is for now my favorite medium. We learn a bit less about pure strategy but it's more fun than Forum. What chanel are you following ?

@elclement wrote:

@MathrimC I see that we are too belgian Lucky as Irish XD. I watch also a lot of videos and read some forum about strategy. Twitch is for now my favorite medium. We learn a bit less about pure strategy but it's more fun than Forum. What chanel are you following ?

UnibetPoker is my number 1 ofcourse, also because of the interaction with other Unibet players in chat and the giveaways ofcourse. Also for Unibet play, I follow Hensiepensie and DaVitsche.

Other than that I follow AndytheTimid (great for medium stakes cashgame strategy), DramaticDegen (low to medium stakes MTTs, mostly turbo's), PokerStaples (the big MTTs), Darylmore (low stakes turbo MTTs, very amusing British guy). I also sometimes watch some GPL streams or other special live tournament streams.

And, it's not on twitch, but during the summer months I'm often watching WSOP final table livestreams instead of twitch.

Do you know any other good cashgame streamers? Because my list seems to be mostly MTT players.

I consider myself as an experienced player.. Playing this game for 10 years, started at PL and FL Holdem tables.. Switched between cashgames, sng's and mtt's.. I think i can beat the game, but i cannot explain my game.. automatic decisions learned by years of playing..

Biggest suckout i suffered? AA lose to KK preflop all in..

Biggest suckout i gave? AK ofsuit vs JJ preflop allin, Flop JJT, run run Royal for me..

I can say i literally saw everything in poker

I'd say I'm a low volume regular who would definitely be more hardcore if I had more time on my hands.

Played mainly cash games the past few years going from 2nl to 25nl on Stars. Couldn't beat 25nl, became frustrated and switched to sngs for first half of this year and then lost motivation for those.

Now just having fun playing 10nl cash and UK tour sats on UB then on a Sunday I'll jump in various mtts across a wide range of sites. Hoping for that big bink one day.

• 2 weeks later...

I would consider myself a casual player. I play mostly deep stack tournaments and heads up Sit & Gos. I also play a few live tournaments on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays, when there are more entrants. Both online & live, I avoid cash games.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

I have been playing very casually and on different sites for about 6 years now, but at the moment I'm only active on Unibet. I'm female, currently 26 and working part-time from home, which means I spend lots of time behind the computer. I play freerolls and do not take the game very seriously. 

Sometimes I win a ticket from freeroll and sometimes I win 2-4 € from the ticket buy-in games which I usually spend in Bingo. My biggest poker win so far has been 20€, but not in Unibet - I withdrew it and used it to pay for cleaning my laptop from dust and thermal paste replacement - good investment. :catwink:

Hey guys. I'm 29 and also from Belgium.

I first started playing somewhere around 2009. Poker has provided me with a nice little side-income.
Since summer 2014 I've been playing 95% at Unibet.
I mainly play cash games. Since 2014 I've played over 600K hands.
At the moment I play 10NL and play 8 tables.

Last sunday was my lucky day as I qualified for UO Copenhagen!

❤️ Unibet

Casual player here, but I'm a veteran and started playing online poker already since 2002 when the first poker rooms appeared.  But I have not played too seriously , mostly only for fun .  I play tournaments when I'm in the mood for it.  Pokerstars is the only room I play at now but I just started playing a few games here on Unibet . 

Been playing online poker for 10 years now, destroyed games back in 2007 including when I won a 890 player winner take all $14,000 EPT London Package.  Now I'm more of a regular player than Hardcore, use to 9 table and grind all day.  Instead I just embrace Unibet Poker and play the special weekly tournaments, especially during Twitch streams.  Since I have no job, going to have to turn it up another gear once again, while travelling which should be good and bad.

@BookTheWin wrote:

Been playing online poker for 10 years now, destroyed games back in 2007 including when I won a 890 player winner take all $14,000 EPT London Package.  Now I'm more of a regular player than Hardcore, use to 9 table and grind all day.  Instead I just embrace Unibet Poker and play the special weekly tournaments, especially during Twitch streams.  Since I have no job, going to have to turn it up another gear once again, while travelling which should be good and bad.

Good luck! Hopefully you can find that gear & run it up. There must be some pressure to perform well if it's your only source of income.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Hi everyone. I'm Johan, 39 years old and from Belgium. I've been playing on line poker for 13 years I think, first on several sites like Pokerroom, Hollywood Poker,... It has always been a hobby to me, I have no ambition to become a professional poker player at all.  In the first years I was a winning player, without winning big. Then I switched to Pokerstars and I must admit I couldn't win there. I started playing on Unibet at the beginning of this year. Since then the joy of playing on line has come back, also thanks to the streams of David, Charlotte and Sam. It's a lot of fun chatting about on line poker with people who also play a lot, it makes it a more social activity. To be honest, the joy in playing also came back because at Unibet I'm a winning player again :) Not that I play for big money: right now I combine Texas Hold'em NL10, SNG's, cheap MTT's and the freerolls of David, Charlotte and Sam. I'm not gonna get rich, but at least I'm winning and I'm having fun.

See you guys at the tables and at the Twitch Streams!

Hi everyone, im 31 years old. I started to play poker at 2005, but after it i became poker affiliate and stopped playing. 3 years ago my affiliate business was finished and i started to play poker again :)

Now i play cash games nl100,200 and sometime 400.

At last milestone hand promotion i won 8k in 1 hand and was so close to win 38k, i has flush draw)))

I am think i am between regular and hardcore :)

Hi!

I'm pretty much casual player nowadays. Like many, I started playing poker during the poker boom back in 2006 and played for a year or two. After a long hiatus I've begun visiting poker rooms lately this summer. 

I'm so casual I missed all my "welcome freerolls" in Unibet. I play some NL Hold'em and PLO Omaha in the cash tables with occasional small SNG thrown in. 

Looking forward to seeing many of you in today's Community tourney :) 

Also belgian player here :)  I've been playin for about a year now.

I play for fun, mostly freerolls and small buyin tournaments, generally most days of the week when i'm not preparing a move like this month and next month :)

I don't play cash, it feels too uncomfortable to play it for me, not feeling confident enough.

I don't study or anything, just watch twitch streams when i have the time and follow unibet stream very regularly for the fun :)  i hope it will be enough to keep improving slowly in time. 

The most important thing for me is having fun: i stop playing when i lose too many games because it stresses too much and i get too emotional. (have to work on that).

Unibet is great for fun play :)

I wasn't going to play poker here if it were not for the 10 free euros that had to be cleared, just registered to place bets on the euro cup. Got lucky, had 60 euro at the end of it, maybe time to try and move up the stakes as quickly as possible since it's free money anyway. I like the lack of huds here, perhaps multitabling could be limited as well (max 6 tables)?

Hi i am a player from UK 43 playing for 6yrs,before i found poker i was a degenerate gambler on horses to slots since i was about 15,always losing and just working to gamble.I started playing poker on different sites and lost quite a bit and struggled with bankroll for years,I now play full time nearly every day between 6 and 8 tables for between 4 and 8 hrs and make money.I am just thankful ihave found poker-better late than never spose!

Good luck at the tables

Archived