What´s with the slowroll?

GotWhatItTakes

Why do Unibet players love slowrolling so much?

Every day I get slowrolled a couple of times, just a couple of minutes ago first hand in a 10€ MTT, first hand, I have 15bb at blinds 100/200. Player from middle position opens 2,5x, I 3bet shove AJo and it is folded to the openraiser. He tanks until he only has 3 seconds left and calls my all in (he has around 7000 chips) with QQ. Of course, he didn´t get punished. 

Can someone explain to me why slowrolling happening so often on Unibet? Does recreational players love to slowroll? 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Sorry, but it isn't so obvious to call a 3-bet shove in the beginning of an MTT with Queens. Certainly against a new player on the table (you). Even tough he has almost 5 times you chips, that doesn't mean that 1500 chips is not much for him.

I mean. I would even hesitate with Aces.

What I find annoying is players slowrolling on the river when they know they have the nuts, or when they know thay are going to fold.

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

I don't notice it that often. Maybe some just do it to troll, but it also happens accidentally. I find myself "slowrolling" sometimes when I'm multi-tabling, facing a difficult post-flop decision on another table, until I realize I'm more than halfway through my timebank with AA in the bb facing a shove. Also, some people don't know push/fold ranges, or don't know that you should get it in much lighter with shallow stacks as compared to 100bb deep, or they just play for fun and on feeling, and they might genuinly consider folding very strong of hands for whatever reason. For example, in your case he might be thinking: "I think he has an ace, and every time this happens to me an ace comes and I'm out, I don't want that again, mabye I should just fold and wait for another hand, it's still early". Or maybe he remembered a youtube video of a pro making a QQ hero fold vs AA. Who knows. Another reason, if it's near the bubble, is that they are just winning time to get nearer to the money.

Thanks for your answers, but I should have added a few facts:

The tournament is already running quite a time, I used the late registration and you start with 3000 chips, the blinds were 100/200. 

For me it is the very first hand and I get dealt AJ on the BTN or CO. The player with QQ makes a raise of 538 or something like that, I don´t think a new player would do that, as he would rather limp or 2x,3x,4x. But it is unlikely that a recrational player who doesn´t know much about the game would do such a sizing. Now, It looks like an inducing sizing you would do with the stronger part of your range (77+ AT+, maybe KQs). 

He let the timebank run until he had just 1-3 seconds left. I don´t think that happens accidentially. 

I have the impression people do it to feel cool about themselves or impress their buddies. 

Its kind of sad to be honest :teardrop:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

@GotWhatItTakes tough luck for you to run into a strong hand but the villain's QQ preflop isn't the nuts to be count as a slowroll (not even AA preflop would count as a slowroll), also, to be honest it wasn't an easy call to make for a shove around 6x his bet and almost half his stack; also at Unibet it's not like we have to wait 2-3 minutes for our opponents to make a decision, it's just around 30-40 seconds with the time bank included...

Good luck all at the tables :)

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

I can never understand why people get offended by online slow rolling. It is quite common for those who mass multi table and don't actually do it intentionally  and even if it's not does it really matter with the small amounts of time bank people are given? I have so much to concentrate on that I barely even notice. 

I'd agree with @MathrimC might be a regular multitableing not slowrolling you on purpose. Happened to me as well vs regs in spots I'm pretty certain they didn't mean to slowroll and were just finishing action on other tables. 

Howeever, without the chat function like on other sites where you occasionally gonna see players let of steam via chat, berate you or swear at you, I feel like some players (vast minority tho) miss that way to get at people and have to resort to the only possible thing on unibet, that is slowrolling, in order to get to people. 

I just had this hand and I really considered folding... I was BB and I've seen a free flop, called a 1/2 pot bet on the flop and on turn I had the nuts and my opponent shoves; we were close to the buble and even tho 8 euro for top 18(4euro buy-in MTT) isn't that much would have been profit... easy call, slowroll? I just had to make a decision for my tournament "life" and for sure that 20 + 10 seconds from the time bank wasn't enough(he can have 2 pairs and I'm 9/1 fav, he can have a set and I'm 4/1 fav, he can have a flush draw and I'm 4/1 fav)... ended up calling and guess what my opponent shows T4o and gets a T on the river; gg

817672267_fkingriver.thumb.jpg.a46300204395587fe1309d32eb08d986.jpg

Yesterday, I posted a hand on "KK curse is real" when my opponent shoves Q6o preflop deep in a tournament, I call with KK hit a set on the flop and bam runner-runner flush and I'm out... some players(I'm in this category) don't really want to have all their chips in the middle in a tournament preflop (ideal would be not before the river) because even tho you have the nuts on some street you can end up losing the hand 

PS. On Unibet the game is so much faster then on other sites and I don't think we can blame anyone for slowrolling(especially that most players are playing 4+ tables at the same time), plus don't forget that we try to play Poker and not Bingo, for that some of us need a few seconds to make a decision...

Good luck all at the tables :)

That's poker...can't blame my opponent either, maybe just fot the loose limp preflop with T4o but Doyle Brunson won 2 WSOP Championship Main Event with T2 🤣

The important thing is to always bring our A-game at the tables and have patience :)

Sometimes I'm a bit slow calling with the effective nuts because the client doesn't work very well on my old computer and/or I'm busy trying to make the buttons work on another table. Sometimes I do it because I'm in a bad mood and the villain is using the Clown avatar. Those guys should be slowrolled at all times. Clowns are worse than Hitler imo.

Archived