What does Slow/Regular/Turbo/Hyper in the tournament lobby mean to you?

Andy-Relax

Hi all,

We're doing some market research and would like your help by answering the following question: -

What does Slow/Regular/Turbo/Hyper in the tournament lobby mean to you? 

Is it the level progression, the total duration of the tournament, a bit of both or something else?

Let us know your thoughts.

Poker Janitor

The what?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Definitely the level progression :)

If one wants to designate the duration of a tournament, terms like short/long are more appropriate. The terms you mentioned above 100% relate to the tempo of the blind progression to me.

In that sense it's very weird to me as well that when filtering for 'slow' in the current client, you can find tournaments with blind progressions ranging from 20 minute levels to 6 minute levels. The latter is by no means 'slow'. Looks like these tags are just there based on the duration of the tournament. This is 1) pretty counterintuitive, as mentioned above. 2) redundant, as there already is a separate column for the time duration of a tournament. Meaning the T and S symbols have no extra merit at all this way. I never look at them because of this.

Would be nice if 'Turbo' could mean 4-6m levels, 'Hyper' <4m levels, 'Slow' 12m+ levels, and 'Regular' speed everything in between. Would be more intuitive ánd more useful to anyone I think :)

• Like 2

Mostly mean about level length. 3 min being hyper, 5-6 min being turbo, 8-10 min being regular and 12+ min being slow.

About starting stacks, it would make more sense name them deepstack if they have 200+bb deep starting stack, "regular" would be 100bb and shallow / shortstack MTT with 50bb starting stack or less.