cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OliD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Hi All,

Thought I'd get some opinion on this outrageous hand.

I sit in BB with AQh. 6 players flat call 100chips so I raise to 600 in order to induce the small stack and isolate. Small stack K8h does as I intend and hope for, going Allin. Others fold. CO then finds himself in a position to call an additional 14bb having only flat called, with 34o. He calls (?!!). Fair enough I suppose? I'm sure to have him beat at this point so 4 bet to further isolate him. He calls again, with 34os, hmmmmm. Flop comes, I have top pair + top kicker with heart flush still live. K8 is almost dead and CO has nothing with the flop. I go Allin - CO CALLS - with fecking 34os, on that board!! He hits the Turn (ok then, here we go again I say, not really believing what might come next). Yep you got it, another 4 on the river. He wins, with possible one of THE worst hands Pre, Post Flop and arguably the Turn. 

The only thing I can possible think possessed it to play this way throughout the hand is because it is aware that, as the slightly bigger stack with two players allin, even with the worst possible hand, it knows the software will reward him on the river, as this seems to be a characteristic, time and again. Someone got the odds on each street for this please?

9B7D769A-8143-495B-B286-715515F35FBC.png

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Stubbe-Unibet
Unibet Poker Expert
Unibet Poker Expert
You got a 55% chance of losing preflop (villain in question got 25% chance of winning). Even on the flop he has about 5% chance of winning. This is quite standard when being up against a fun type of player at the lower stakes, and if you've played a reasonable volume, you'll have experienced this countless time Smile If anything, you should be happy about the state of the game Smile
Again, I strongly recommend you to take a break, if you're struggling with the mindset. The fact that the only possible explanation you can think of - when someone does a bad call (which is quite common, especially on our site) - is that it's rigged against you, that tells me that you might benefit from some time away from the tables Smile
OliD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Sorry stubbe but nothing you have said explains this scenario. It may well have made (3) terrible calls preflop and then another on the flop but the fact the turn and river both favour that to such a precise degree leaves little reasonable doubt in my mind and even less excuses for both that player and yourself! Just yet another case of a villains 5% chance of winning on the flop providing him with consective outs in the deck, literally against all the odds. My odds of winning on that flop vs his?!

As for what I do in my spare time, I believe it's still just about a free world with free will, so I can spend it however I like, no? I'm not losing any money and so it proves to be quite amusing to me, the lengths some entities will go to to make a quick buck.

0 Likes
OliD
Rank 10
Rank 10

And surely no one who goes to the length of actually wanting to play poker would chase a hand which 95 times in 100 he will lose? 

0 Likes
PRO8L3M
Rank 9
Rank 9

It was me.

Called on the flop to bluff you on later streets. Sorry for badbeat. Take care. Peace.

OliD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Ok. Why would you think I would fold the remaining 25% of my stack when I 4 bet you pre flop, did you imagine I had 23os vs your 34os? Honestly, what did you put me on? You were going to bluff me off with only 20% equity of the pot? You got some studying to do brother. 

Hope it was worth it for you, certainly gave me a laugh. Did you get your ticket in the end, or try a horrendous bluff on somebody else and lose?

0 Likes
OliD
Rank 10
Rank 10

You are in my Hall of Fame btw, nice one 😂

0 Likes
Stubbe-Unibet
Unibet Poker Expert
Unibet Poker Expert

@OliD wrote:

And surely no one who goes to the length of actually wanting to play poker would chase a hand which 95 times in 100 he will lose? 

Me for one Smile I've made much, much worse calls after a few glasses of wine Smile

Until you get to a certain stake, you really have to expect this kind of play - and even at higher stakes it can happen as well of course Smile

GR1ZZL3R
Rank 25
Rank 25

@OliD After many months weeks days hours  actually about 30 seconds study, I've come up with an ingenious plan for you, seeing as you're so certain the worst hand preflop will always win. Start folding your premium hands, you know they won't win. With a bit of patience and practice you too can start calling 4 bets with such monsters as 43o, 62o, 85o, even daring to risk as high as T4o occasionally. Seeing as all these hands always win against bigger trash you should soon be making even more money like the average rec, enough to climb the stakes and soon playing such daring hands as 98s or even a pair of sixes or sevens. Ingenious eh? Rofl

It Is What It Is
0 Likes
pinki
Rank 23
Rank 23

@PRO8L3M wrote:

It was me.

Called on the flop to bluff you on later streets. Sorry for badbeat. Take care. Peace.

@PRO8L3M Laugh I forgot that a lot of people use the bluff tactic. 

@OliD it really is better to forget about it sometimes, for the good of mind. Especially at low stakes. I remember that I did a similar procedure many times without anything in my hand - representing KK, AA or SET is sometimes a good tactic - Here comes the question whether risking the entire stack with top pair QQ is the right game here - ie. re-shove in the turn by villian. Wonder  

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."
0 Likes