View- Flop Races have to go.

Sect7G

Just wanted to throw it out and see how the community feels.  I feel that flop races aka rake races are a poor promotion for the site and a terrible promo for all recreational players.  Recs have no chance to win, so no good for them.  The only players whom have a chance to win are the most dedicated and they are more often than not already winning players.

The high Stakes rake race is the absolute nut low in terms of value to the site and value to the rec players.  As above the only winners are the pros but it gets compounded.... I'm sure a good proportion of the winning regs at 100NL + were shrewd enough to sign up with an affiliate for extra rb and considering this group of players is already in the 50% + rb area bracket then this extra RB for the winners of this promo isn't really needed.  Furthermore the likelyhood of account sharing increases as well. 

So in conclusion it should go... and if it's deemed necessary that this promo is necessary for the games to run at this buy in then perhaps these buyins are overly optimistic for Unibet at this juncture.

I don't fault Unibet for their effort.  They are giving away money to players from their pockets... so this is not a complaint that I have.  I just feel that it should be more inclusive... full disclosure I don't play those limits... perhaps they should try doing a random promo at those stakes like be dealt AAred and win a prize or something to that nature.  In that example the regs will undoubtedly get more of the prizes due to volume but a rec would also get a piece of the pie proportionate to their volume.

Unibet is the only site right now that is actively trying to grow poker while keeping a sensible budget.  Party has just gone off the rails and allowed the inmates to run the asylum to their own benefit.  Pokerstars is just a joke at this point to all players.

I Agree. Unibet have good promotions like milestone hands or high hand promo or prize drop promo.  Dont like promotions like rake race. Hard games during rake race promotions become harder but prizes are so small. I often get top 5 - top 10 in this races, but top 10 - 200 euro. It is not serious. 

@Balonas wrote:

They want to atract more players at the NL200+ limits. That's the only reason.

A bigger pool atracts more and more players. Who wants to play on a limit with dead pool?!

You choose not good time for screening lobby, yesterday was 70+ at nl 200. Pool is not dead, but most of time often i play 10 tables with only regs :(

Archived