Unibet on (Wine) Linux

DJDiaper

Hey Guys and Gals,

First, Happy New Year. Second, do any of you have any tips on how to run the client on WINE when running Linux? I know I can play via the browser, but that is not really suited when you try to multitable.

I would not preffer to use a VM, I have a dualboot at the moment, but would love to run the client via Linux.

Thx,

DJDiaper

• Like 1

@DJDiaper, how many tables do you play? If you don't play more than 4 at a time, you can use the table tiling feature in the browser. Just maximize the window and start 2 tables, and you'll see the tiling option at the top (unless you've got a really low screen resolution)
  • Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Short answer: use the WINE instructions. It works, if it works.

I used to use WINE some time ago, but the Unibet client got updated and some DX or OpenGL stuff was not implemented in WINE so the graphics were garbled. WINE is developed mainly to run games, so there is a chance this area has been improved or a bug report might get someone interested in coding it.

I just tried to run WINE, but got nothing visual. I've forgotten how to poke WINE and have no interest in playing with command line, so I cannot say what's currently the true situation. There ain't much to try except to change the WIN version.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll also give the browser client a try. I have a low resolution 12" Thinkpad, but I don't plan on playing more than 2 tables on it. However, I would be generally interested if there could be some desktop compatibility for Linux. I tried to play around a bit with Wine, but I'm not sure what might be required to get the Unibet client to run reliably, especially with regards to maintaining functionality with updates. I tried different Windows versions, but none of them work. The issue seems to be that the graphics of the client are not being loaded.