Unibet in Sweden after new legislation

henrymorgan

I just got an email from Unibet that due to the new Swedish legislation that will be in place at the start of 2019 my account will be closed. The email says that the legislation requires all Swedish accounts to have the Swedish Krona as currency (I have an old dollar account). The email informs me that my account will be closed on November 22 and that I need to withdraw my money before then. 

1. Would it not just be possible for Unibet to convert my account into a Swedish Krona account?

2. Will Unibet continue to offer poker to its Swedish customers after the new year?

3. What will happen with my quarterly points, my bonus dollars and my bonus points if my account is closed?

Hi @henrymorgan, welcome to the Community :). I wouldn't like to say anything that is not true, so I will stick to what I know for sure until tomorrow and update you on the rest of the points that I didn't cover this evening.

Technically speaking the system that we work with doesn't allow us to change the currency of your account thus the need to close it. After, we will adjust the settings of the old account so the system will be able to accommodate your second account based in Swedish Kronas.

After the new account is set up I would be happy to start the process or even manually add you the points and tickets that are left on the old account. I have no doubt that we will continue to offer Poker on the Swedish market, but I would like to double check on the new regulatory laws before I confirm this 100%. Any other questions or worries, feel free to leave them below and I will do my best to put your mind to rest. :)

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

• 2 weeks later...

Archived