Unibet Online Series IX

Sparrow473

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts about current UOS, after first day and after long ponder beforehand:

I was actually expecting that UOS is going to overlay much more than earlier. Unibet has been discouraging grinders to play, and neglected satellites, while guaranteeds are just a fraction of prize pools offered on other sites which turns around people who like big numbers.

My expectation of overlays were mainly due to the fact that guaranteeds have not been increased during September. Neptunes are still struggling @ 4k guaranteed. R/A-events will probably reach their guaranteeds mostly, but first two days got 0 of them so likely seeing meek overlays instead.

Loss of grinders who were after leaderboard and after nice prize pools is probably going to be super costly. I honestly don't know anyone who is planning to play whole UOS. While earlier there were lots of people grinding, myself included. But now there's little incentive: leaderboard has become irrelevant, while length of the series has almost doubled. Playing two weeks was a challenge, playing 3,5 weeks would be utterly no-life.

I think you have been blinded by Covid-19 to neglect your players. Other sites have been aggressive on their marketing, while Unibet has been sleeping: not a single post I have received via e-mail or SMS about UOS (or any other matter) and social media presence is zero. Also no familiar players that I know / could care of are streaming this UOS.

And Friday was terrible day of the week to start this MTT. And while Monday was probably even worse, it is little excuse. Sunday would be obvious choice, I see exactly 1 reason why start on any other day and it would be Saturday with 2-day events.

@Leo-Unibet 

• Like 2

I love Unibet more than I love my own family but I am glad this year's series failed in it's first day and I hope it fails overall.

I can somehow understand the Nano series money distributed to everyone instead through rational leaderboards. I can get behind  that idea. Wish we had both.

But the things I can't understand is the love for bubble bursters - that to replace Champions in the showdown tournament? Damn. 

But the thing that fully kills it to me is the copypasta structrures. Why has every UOS event copypasted the PStars default structure? Even in PLO literal same structure (Who plays tournament PLO with Ante?!?). I just don't like the idea of playing the same tournament 132 times (minus 3-8 times) in a row.

Plan "Z."   Make an appearance on the leaderboard.   Four and a half hours of play, 21st place, cash for €1.96 and.................................................no leaderboard points. :waterfall:

2076078335_Screenshot(64).thumb.png.facffdb98bc134460c17273bf65f68c6.png

Logging in I get the message "You are 32nd" but my initials show in a disappointing 347th place, with one miserly meagre miserable point, and with no points showing at the top.

I understand there were problems yesterday with the leaderboard but apparently these have not been resolved.  @Stubbe-Unibet ?

Where did you finish @Sparrow473 ?

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@NewPlayer69, I don't think the 2nd best opening day of a UOS - in terms of buyin amount - means it's failing :) The GTD's in these first events were just a bit optimistic.

I'm not the one behind the bubble burster idea, but I do like it. If you win an event, you'll get a decent payout thanks to the payout structure, so just throwing more value at the winners (which are most likely to get something from the leaderboard as well) doesn't seem as good as a consolation prize to those that almost made it but got nothing in the end.

The structure part I'll let Leo comment on :)

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet There may be no leaderboard for Nano, in which case the info screen when I log in is a little misleading.

656022002_Screenshot(72).thumb.png.1bc3f16dfe751ebc396312ae000033d3.png

It informs me I'm ranked 32nd in a non existent  Nano leaderboard. The only place I can find my initials are on the Low leaderboard, ranked 347th. Something isn't quite working. :wonder:

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@OmahGAWD wrote:

It means if there WAS  ranking you'd be 32. Congrats I guess. 🤣

Thanks @OmahGAWD It's not a problem really as I don't expect to stay in any significant position for long. 😃  My record on most of the leaderboards lately is hit the heights early on then fade away, like my stamina for playing 4 or more hours a night will do soon. :teardrop: I'm only trying to point out that something isn't quite working correctly. 

@wwaanneess wrote:

probably been asked before, if so, apologies

i'm planning to play the series here and there and play some qualifiers,

but before i play those qualifers, imagine i have some leftover series tickets, will they be converted after series?

thanks in advance

Yes, after the series they wil become generic :) @wwaanneess BTW.. guys mystery freerols are back :)

• Like 1