Unibet Online Series First Edition

Leo-Unibet

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Leo-Unibet

As pirahn mentioned, i thinktittwould be cool to have the UOS qualifiers use the same concept as the events itself.

As in 'all tickets can be used'

Also what keeps me from playing the qualifiers right now is that I can't get some UOS roll from a few euros :) I know the point is to get as much fresh money in the circuit, but making it possible to break down tickets would also increase playerpool  and reduce overlays. This works with other qualifiers, why wouldn't it work here I guess :D

Or is this possible already? 

• Like 1
I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@Leo-Unibet

I finally had some time to go trough the excel sheet with games.

Some remarks

- !!!!!5.000 starting stack on the main? Isn't that way too few? Certainly to get it running for 2 days. I would think a stack of 20.000 to 50.000 would be more appropriate (With 12 minute levels players would buy-in with less than 10 BB after less than 3 hours.)

That way reg could be open way longer, re-entry lasts longer and that all resulting in a bigger playerpool (and no overlay)

- The shedule is set ofcourse, but I just wanted to say that I'm a bit sad to see no more OMAHA in the last 5 days.

- Otherwise it looks very nice, only I got the feeling it lacks a bit of variation... Following games could have spiced everything up a bit maybe: Varying bounties (75/25-25/75-0/100 and maybe even a game with set bounties and no progressive bounties), a tryout with fewer handed play (4 or maybe even 3 or 2, altough 3 and 2 needs a really really good table balancing system), some mashing up of the formats (ante-bounty, bounty/re-entry (?software), mix games (?software), ...), ... but these are all sugestions ofcourse :)

• Like 1
I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@MoreTBC wrote:

:dissatisfied:

I remember the days when people played a sat to actually play the target.

To be fair me and @pirahn play the supernova every week and have enough tickets to play for the next 3 months.

If we didnt have the ability to exchange tickets we wouldnt be in a position to play as often. :)

• Like 1
You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

Indeed @jonny2192 

exchanging leads to players being able to keep playing the target tournament from a small (?) investment.

The only two negatives I see are

- Series like UO and UK have regs that keep exchanging and keep winning. New players could get scared of this. (I, for example, am scared of starting to grind sats because I know it will cost me a major investment to get to that healthy BR and since these big dogs are there ther seems to be no place for me...)

- It takes some time before new players get to that point they can start playing continously, so it causes some undersaturation

@VikingsAF I agree that having rebuys of 10BB and an addon of less than 20 isn't that appealing for a main event, neither is having to wait 5 hours to make an addon 😏

Also the way most tournaments that offer a high chip starting stack operate is skipping most of the early levels, so the stack just looks bigger but it's almost the same thing most of the time. Dunno why this has become the silliness that people want but it works I guess. 

Are you seriously worried about big dogs? on Unibet? I'll give you a spoiler, other than a few people occasionally playing the finals there are 0 "big dogs" here. This isn't stars where all the top winners in poker add all the tables of anything they're interested in to their grind. Of course if you're a losing player, you will lose regardless of big dogs or not, it might happen slower but you still won't advance, so focus on your game if you're worried. In the meantime other players like you or worse are actually putting in the grind and probably qualifying to stuff, maybe, I don't actually know your skill level to make a comparison.

The undersaturation comment is true, but it also adds players that would have never played both the satties or the finals, because they just wouldn't have the capital to play them, or even lower stakes stuff, the big dogs of unibet. 

Yes you can break down tickets for UOS

@FeelsBadMan altough Unibet overall has fewer big dogs, they matter more since the GTD's are lower imo.

For games that have 2 seats GTD there are defenitly 2 or 3 regs (at least). I speak of regs, because I don't say they are the best players, and maybe they would be under my skill level, but they have the experience on how to play this sort of games on Unibet. This really does give them the edge against starters.

And where they wouldn't normally stay on the lower levels (and give new players to try stuff out ) they do keep playing on the lower levels here (Just because they have those tickets spare)

• Like 1

@VikingsAFwrote: 

- Series like UO and UK have regs that keep exchanging and keep winning. New players could get scared of this. (I, for example, am scared of starting to grind sats because I know it will cost me a major investment to get to that healthy BR and since these big dogs are there ther seems to be no place for me...)

:laugh: Believe me, there is nothing to be scared of, the qualifiers are filled to the brim with people making poor decisions. Prominent community members are often the ones causing me to shake my head in disbelief the most.

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@VikingsAF This is a thing I see a lot of and it kinda bugs me, putting an equal sign between how much someone plays and how good he is. I guess it mostly triggers be because of hand analysis's when people make a decision saying X is a reg so his range is like that .... nooo he loses loads, he just plays a lot stahp 😏 ... And saying that you might be better than someone else, but that person still has an edge on you even though you're better makes no sense. Oh that person is better in this game format, then you're worse than them and need to study more. But as Wudu said, it's not that hard, just don't be the worst. 

@the lower levels thing ... what do you mean? Do you really think 100-200€ bi players are dropping to the 4€ levels or something because of tickets? Or that people are playing way below their level? Have you ever played on unibet? :haha: Besides, players that play way higher won't hurt their hourly by playing your small games.  Tickets do the exact opposite, they make people that wouldn't afford it otherwise play games much higher than they would ever play, either cause they're not good enough to play at that level, or they don't have the bankroll, or just don't have the discipline. 

@jonny2192 that's chopped liver compared to the hundreds of thousands / millions in cashes that the random regs one encounters on stars (in the small field stuff), I stand by my claim that there are 0 big dogs in these games. 

• Like 1

Just a few toughts

- The high leaderboard offers as many places paid as the nan which seems odd to me, as the nano will probably get way more runners. Also the top prize of the high is barely 3 times more than the nano, although you need to pay 100 times more for some.   (higher top prize for high leaderboard and less places paid would be more interesting imo. Or lower top prize for nano and more places paid. The lowest prize at high is 30% of the ME where for the nano that's 1500%)

- The formula also seems to be in favor of the lower stakes imo.  As a 100 Bi only gets 3 times more points as a 50c one. (assuming they would have the same field, which they won't) using an extra multiplier for the level could help 1x for nano, 2 for low and 2,5x for high

But you won't hear me complaining as I will be mainly playing the low stakes :D

• Like 1

Also @Leo-Unibet wouldn't  it be cool if the first player got a UO package as prize? It's 300 euro more which you could skimm from somewhere else or just add :D

I don't know if everyone thinks like that, but in my opinion that looks way more attractive. (and in the end i think it's also more value for unibet.)

Or even better. Let the winner choose between 1700 euro or the package :D

• Like 2

@VikingsAF Some players might actually be turned off by the first place being a package instead of cash, or even target 2'nd place in the league with is a silly thing to unintentionally encourage. Of course if the first place prize is significantly larger than all the others then it becomes more enticing. That being said where did you get that 1700€ number from ... just drawn out of a hat? 😏

@theMachine General leaderboards are based on account not on alias, so you can play as whoever you want. PS: your way of "machine: writing is kinda fun, but super hard to read, at least go all out and write in Assembler :laugh: 

• Like 1

@FeelsBadMan

Check the promo page ;) The prize for the first place in the overall leaderboard is 1700.

And I understand, so that's why I corrected by saying 'They can choose between package and 1700' :)

edit: It seems I read wrong... Or something has changed, but it's indeed 1500 for first and not 1700. My bad

• Like 1