Unibet Online Series Community Freeroll

JeppeL

Someone just make own topic for this as this comes up pretty much every freeroll that must be played with comminty alias :laugh:

Maybe the software needs feature that you would have to choose own avatar for every tournament you reg or cash table you open.  Then there would be no arguing about this 😃

• Like 3

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tickets were given out to anyone with an account, how can you expect every one of the 6.5k+ members to know that they need to come to the site to check they need to use an alias similar to their community one?

Going forward they just need to change the rules so that community alias doesn't matter for tickets given out to all members.

• Like 1
Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@JeppeL and @Ray-Unibet 

What you did was the right thing to do since there was no requirement in reading the rules, but maybe instead of adding 2 tickets in the raffles you could have given these 2 to the 2 next players in the MTT? Just an idea :p (or just leave it as it was :p getting the wasted 2 tickets in another promo for lvl 20+ members only for example :p jk it's important to include as many players as possible) 

Why don't you guys do like in the past? That you do need to sign up for every freeroll? The new method has only caused problems (people complaining about not knowing they had to play and want their equity back and so on) 

With the banner in the client (which was there this time) I think it would get good traction anyhow, and you can hard force the rules since everyone has to pass by the thread. 

I'm defenitly not blaming you, I even find it disrespectful of all the guys here complaining about losing a chance for free money, but it could all reduce the amount of moaners here :) 

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@VikingsAFwrote:

@JeppeL@ and @RayL 

What you did was the right thing to do since there was no requirement in reading the rules, but maybe instead of adding 2 tickets in the raffles you could have given these 2 to the 2 next players in the MTT? Just an idea :p (or just leave it as it was :p getting the wasted 2 tickets in another promo for lvl 20+ members only for example :p jk it's important to include as many players as possible) 

Why don't you guys do like in the past? That you do need to sign up for every freeroll? The new method has only caused problems (people complaining about not knowing they had to play and want their equity back and so on) 

With the banner in the client (which was there this time) I think it would get good traction anyhow, and you can hard force the rules since everyone has to pass by the thread. 

I'm defenitly not blaming you, I even find it disrespectful of all the guys here complaining about losing a chance for free money, but it could all reduce the amount of moaners here :) 

I dont know what disrespectful is in your dictionary. :speechless: People dont respect the rules, most of them clearly sh.t on the rules and they know only one thing: tikiet please. In the past the community freerolls been more fun, because you sit w community members. 

I can talk about only from my side, but here is no saltiness, i was far far away from any ticket, and i think a not well-known community guy killed my dream to get a ticket. One of those two i met during the hour i played... So just missing the feeling, capisci?

• Like 2

@nekoneko wrote:

Or make it a ticket request topic in the first place, and then no excuses with i didn't read the rules.

Not going to lie, the promotion was made rather hastingly after a member of the poker team contacted me to say they'd be willing to give €2000 worth of UOS ME tickets for the community. The main focus was to increase awareness of the series, and with almost 900 players joining in total, I think we achieved that on a pretty broad level.

While I would love to do it through community signup, i.e by asking for a ticket in the thread, but the problem is that we have to do that manually - specifically hovering over each writing member and copy pasting their usernumber into an excell sheet. So for these big freerolls, it's just too much manual work considering how the time could be spent otherwise. This problem is pretty frustrating for me as well, I can get all information, except the exact group of members who's responded within a specific thread.

@Camilio If we're going to have a discussion on wether or not we should follow our rules 100% in situations like these, then outside of NMPfan's points, it's also worth noting that nowhere did it state that the top 15 members using the correct alias would be winners of prizes - so the decision was for us wether or not to remove the tickets from the two players in question and add them to the raffles instead - not wether the tickets should be given to the next player using the correct alias.

• Like 5
Former Community Manager

That explains it more @JeppeL :) I saw you guys being super busy in the weekend.

I'm not upset on anything anyway. Aliases dosn't change the fact that i went out in place 23 or something just because i all in shoved AQ suited even though had a big enough stack. :D My fault, and i appreciate the fact that you're making these promotions for us.

When possible though would be nice to not have as many sitoutsand a bit faster structure. Think the other community freeroll was 7 off the bubble too just cause was bored out of my mind already lol.

@JeppeLwrote:

@Camilio If we're going to have a discussion on wether or not we should follow our rules 100% in situations like these, then outside of NMPfan's points, it's also worth noting that nowhere did it state that the top 15 members using the correct alias would be winners of prizes - so the decision was for us wether or not to remove the tickets from the two players in question and add them to the raffles instead - not wether the tickets should be given to the next player using the correct alias.

^This

The point of promotions is mainly to give awareness. There were many sign-ups these few days (at least it looked like that), so the promo wroked imo. Some will be here just for the tickets, but some could be here to stay :)

How many of you players joined the community for the first time trough a freeroll? I did at least :)

• Like 1
I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

• 3 weeks later...

@Fritzvonspritz wrote:

Hello

How to register to More TBC' Omaha freeroll  of today ? (15.04.2018)

Thanks for answer

steps required.

1. build a time machine.

2. travel back in time.

3. post feedback about the UOS in moretbc thread.

4. return to now

5. get the ticket.

6. register

7. play

Though if you manage step 1, prob easier ways to make money than playing the freeroll.

• Like 7
You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

• 11 months later...