Unibet Online Series Community Freeroll

JeppeL

@RayLwrote:

we decided not to remove the tickets from the players involved, after a 5 hour grind, that would be a bit too harsh :P  Would you guys agree? 

Don't really care, but now I regret leaving the tournament, when I signed up with a wrong alias :D

Had I played with the right alias and finished 16, I don't think I'd be happy with this decision :D

Don't think it's harsh to punish stupid ;)

• Like 4

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I would have won with wrong alias, I would be happy for it to go to the next player who bubled it with the correct alias.

In this case if any people without the coreect alias won a ticket and cash, I vote them funds pay for the next freeroll but let them have another 100tix as a thanks from the other community members. :)

• Like 5
You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

While rules are rules and all, personally I think it would have been to harsh to remove the tickets in this case because coming to this thread and reading the rules was not a requirement for participating. If it were then sure, learn to read next time, but in this case people just woke up with a ticket in their account and played the tournament. It would have been a super bad experience to get a ticket, with no knowledge why, play a tournament for 6 hours and have the prize taken away for a rule you didn't know about. I think the guys made the correct decision in this case. 

• Like 6

@jonny2192 wrote:

If I would have won with wrong alias, I would be happy for it to go to the next player who bubled it with the correct alias.

In this case if any people without the coreect alias won a ticket and cash, I vote them funds pay for the next freeroll but let them have another 100tix as a thanks from the other community members. :)

@jonny2192 We could've used the value of the two tickets for another freeroll sure, but we decided to add to the two raffles instead to get as many in for the tournament tonight - which was the idea of this promotion anyways. 

If we're going to have a discussion on wether or not we should follow our rules 100% in situations like these, then outside of NMPfan's points, it's also worth noting that nowhere did it state that the top 15 members using the correct alias would be winners of prizes - so the decision was for us wether or not to remove the tickets from the two players in question and add them to the raffles instead. Call me soft heartet, or complain in another freeroll when someone else makes the same mistake and we decide to remove tickets - but watching the playtime of around 6 hours, I just couldn't get myself to do it.

/Jeppe

• Like 6
Former Community Manager

@jonny2192 Whole post wasn't actually meant for you, but information for everyone discussing it really -  sorry if it seemed like I called you out, your post was just a good one to respond to because it was worded gracefully as ever :)

• Like 1
Former Community Manager

Hi guys,I am here to admit my crack addiction. :sad:
It all started when I was young...

JUST KIDDING! 🤣

@BillyR23 I was a player under "goingtohell" alias.As @jonny2192 mentioned,started my poker client and played some cash games in expectaton of freeroll.
After 3 hours,on a break,it came to my mind about the rules.As a 3 or 4x chipleader (over 2.place),with 100-150 players left,it would be STUPID (@BroederTuck) to trow away all my chips.I just accumulated chips and never droped below 5. place.In the end won the ticket. 

Main event didnt end up that well.Played almost all time around staring stack (plus/minus 1000),ended up pre flop all-in with 15BB (100-200 blinds) and get dead on the river by a Q.

88-AQ

Just wanna give BIG THANKS to @JeppeL and @RayL for letting ticket stays.

I am with you all, about the rules,but some people really disappoited me with the behavior about this.

I am new here and played maybe 2-3 compet.,therefore I am still adapting.

• Like 1

Received a ticket from the raffle. As a small stakes and more of a randomish poker player nowadays the tournament went fairly well. I finished up at #83 so NTM and I shoved my chips in from a lead position. Gotta play for the win and not to bubble out (I think I was #60 with a vanishing stack at that point while #72 got paid). Could have played it more safe but it would have been a move based on fear not participate in a play where you think you have the lead and it's all about love. Good experience regardless and building confidence for bigger money games.

• Like 3

I am really sorry for those of you that followed the rules and finished just outside the money. Cheating works and get paid as stated here!  And,as said before: The community-feeling has gone.   :(

• Like 2
It´s all in there.

I agree  @Camilio.  just check out the weekned treble campaign when @HAI_ROMANIA won with livebetting.

Rules are rules ? LOL

Marco Wrote: Congrats @DepchZ for taking home the 1st prize. I've added the freebets to your account /html/images/emoticons/Asset11.png Well done! 

Marco wrote:  Nice betslip @HAI_ROMANIA but unfortunately we didn't allow livebetting for this promo...........

• Like 2

@Camiliowrote:

I am really sorry for those of you that followed the rules and finished just outside the money. Cheating works and get paid as stated here!  And,as said before: The community-feeling has gone.   :(

I must emphasize again that I am in full support of playing community tournaments under your community name. I was in full support of the rule and I still am for future competitions.

However when we take in to account that the tickets were apparently given to all community members without you even have to have visit this thread, there were players that were unknowingly to them credited a ticket and thus they would not be  aware of the rules. But of course a community name in the tournament should have to ring a bell and urge them to come and visit the site to check what it is about. But I do understand the problem here so I let Unibet slip on this. It perhaps just wasn't thought out thorough. Let's just learn from the mistakes and improve. :)

As for the weekend treble it was purely performed in the community thread so everyone who participated was reading the threads here.

• Like 2