Unibet Online Series 8

Leo-Unibet

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@XY, not sure what you're trying to get at. Yes, the tournament format was different, but the prizepool wasn't any less. You didn't get any less value for your buyin, unless we assume you generally have a higher long-term ROI on bounty than non-bounty tournaments :)

This poker expert position really changed your view. 😉 And I understand it,because that is how it should be.But take a look from player's perspective.

Let's say 50€ buy-in was above my usual comfort zone,and I played it just because of UOS and because it supposed to be bounty tounament where I could cut my costs.

WHat do you think from this perspective?

What do you think,would you get compaints from high stake players for something similar happening on 10,300$ SCOOP KO event?

I am stoping here,and accapt your decision because there is no sense in pulling this rope back and forth.

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't have part of this tournament but just out of principal level, point in this ain't that pricepool remainded the same but play was totally different what players signed in for. If you buy in to play omaha but tournament actually is hold em = not the same. If you buy in to play half of your stake as bounty but it is only 10% = not the same. If you buy Ferrari for million and end up getting Skoda worth of million = not the same.

With all do respect and i do concider you as humans and even professionals so anyone don't have to hurt their feelings for you. Pretty sure that if staff were on customer side, they would be pissed off too for getting something they ain't buying .

• Like 1

@XY, I don't think it changed my view at all, in terms of goodwill and compensation. I believe Andy and I are more generous than any other poker site :) I hear what you're saying, and as I said, I'm really sorry about it (I had nothing to do with the mistake, but I can put myself in your shoes, and I represent the product of course), and mistakes like these would ideally never happen. In terms of bounty tournaments having less variance, in regards to getting something from them, there's an argument to be made, and I did consider this when making the decision.

@Livertool, I don't give much for your examples. Had it been PLO instead of advertised NLHE, I would have refunded the buyins instantly. Had the blind levels been 7 instead of 8 minutes, or had it been 49 % bounty instead of 50% I wouldn't. It's not black and white like you're trying to make it; at least logically speaking it shouldn't be, imo.

Could I see myself be disappointed or even upset (if I had really been looking forward to this particular tournament), yes, of course. Would I expect the company to refund buyins for everyone, because the bounty share was smaller than advertised? No, definitely not; I would see that as a gesture of goodwill a bit out of proportion. And no, this view really has nothing to do with me working for Unibet. I'm also a player - slots, poker, betting - just like you (just not at Unibet, unfortunately).

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet 

But you do realize that players play for themselves, not that pay out was what was what it supposed to be. Must have been many that won couple of bounties but didn't reach paytable and therefore lost money in tournament vs slight profit. To them it is very poor comfort that pricepool overall was right and others won more than they should have. I agree that you have been fair with compensations but that is how it is supposed to be too if problem is something that players can't avoid. Maybe you could have paid the missing bounties to players, at least buy in back who won enough bounties to cover that.

Here is story little story that is based on facts yet fictional. You can use it as bedtime story and think about lesson learned :D

Once there was this gambler, lets call him Schalkeman, who was sure that this season was for them to win and therefore he placed certain amount of bets with dream of winning 20k. And that year was good for Schalke, they won with huge margin with little extra in form that Dortmund was relegated without winning single match.

After few days of celebration Schalkeman opened laptop and with shaky fingers entered his bookie. Little did he know that his account balance showed only 2k instead of 20k. Off to livechat then to ask what is the deal.....

CS: Welcome to Unisexbet, how may i help you?

Schalkeman: What the f is going on? I am 18k short of wins for Schalke winning tile 😠

CS: Let me check that for you. First may i get your email, bloodpressure and wallet thickness, please?

Schalkeman: xxxx@gmail.com, 120/80 (yet rising), xtra thick.

CS: Thank you. I asked relevant team and they told that description for bl title bets weren't perfect when you made bets. Real rules were that winners get only 10% of their wins and rest 90% goes to shared pool and we raffle one winner. Unfortunately you didn't have raffle luck this time and your wallet ain't now xtra xtra thick. What i can tell that customer called livertool won so even if you didn't get so much, others did have more. May i help with you something else? If not please give feedback of chat :)

schalkeman: Ok then. I was afraid that you screwed me but since livertool got some xtra money, all good. Have a pleasent day :)

• Like 4

This all seems quite unacceptable, and unibet should step up and take every single complaint in this thread seriously, and refund every single one of them that only plays bounties on the site, and then permaban all the ones that don't exclusively play bounties 😏

very dissapointed in unibet now! you have 6 turnneys a day ,and the 1that many people were looking for,exaxtly because of it s juicy bounty,you cant make it ha[ppen normally! then saying ,there is no problem,get out! :D and i think 24 days is to loong to series like that! and addition 5k to total prize pool is only for hi tourneys grinders, you did not gave any additional prize for nano and low players!and then the nice frezout boynty with nice stucture bounty tourney whey wanted to play ,i am sure some palyers waited for couple of days spacialy to play this bounty!you ruin their experince,saying play that frezout with 3 euros bountys! 

unibet, from the players, to the players! :(

• Like 1

ok,you win! no problem with lying to people and giving wrong information about tourney!

our expectations,our problems! at least it was holdem!

need to grind other rooms now, see ya all at the nano non rake huge 50 $ overlays,mega valued tourneys!:)

@MaecTpo, looking at the overlay in absolute numbers is stupid. You have to look at it relative to the buyin, and then there is significant overlay in several tournaments :)

Lying requires an intent to deceive, which is obviously not the case here :) not sure why you keep repeating the "no problem" phrase, as you're the only one who's saying so.

To casual players rake free is not selling point....

But 50€ overlay to nano player is good....

That 50€ bounty...was a mistake and they admit it...

So stop bitching...

• Like 1
If u want a chop u do not get it....
If u do not want chop u get it...

@Stubbe-Unibet

Regarding the bounty size error I agree with everything you say. From the practical point of view that is. It should not be a big deal. From the juridical perspective, I am not sure. Unibet must have the responsibility to inform the player about all the aspects of the gambling event he or she is about to enter. Thus all the stakes should be off if the gambling event is any different. I would assume that your regulator also requires that. The player is and should be over-protected, compared to what is feasible from the practical point of view.

Back in the old days when I was poor and new to poker I always asked for a refund simply with the reason "the tournament did not run as advertized". Sometimes it was as little as 6max instead of 9max. Nearly always did I receive the buyin back. These days I do not bother doing this anymore. But this over-compensation is simply a smart business strategy because if players in large numbers dismiss the site or start contacting the regulator the site is in much bigger financial problems than the initial over-compensation would cost.

PS: Did not even play the event so no vested interest in the matter

• Like 2

@Stubbe-Unibet Appreciate the feedback. This series has been bad for some of us(no pitty needed :))). Out of the 135 events, there are ONLY 5 High bounty events that are NL Holdem. Only 5. Out of those 5, the second one, the 50Euro that everyone is talking about was fcked. I do believe you know better than to say "was the prize pool modified? No! Then it's okkk". Actually some of us in here are mainly bounty players (Stars and Party have raised there bounty tournaments significantly since last year) and that's our main problem. Around 70% of my total winnings come from bounty tournaments(see the Sirius series). All in all, I'm really dissapointed by your reaction on this topic and most of all I'm really dissapointed with the number of UOS bounty tournaments. 

@Dinutz999

I am not sure if all pokersites should follow the bounty frenzy. Since bounty-pros have a massive edge, recreational players lose their money faster in bounty tournaments than in regular tournaments. This in turn creates less healhty poker economics and worse user experiences for those who actually pay everything.

@Psycho79 wrote:

Hey @Stubbe-Unibet @Andy-Unibet 

I have one €200UOS ticket left after winning 2sats last Tuesday, can I have it credited as a regular Big Bang ticket or 2x€100UOS please?

Thank you, Best Regards!

Exchanged :) Just for the record I believe Leo reviewes all UOS tickets at the end of the series :)

Hi Guys,

It seems there's a scheduling error today for the €1100 Main event with lots of satellites scheduled to the €250 level satellites, but no later €250 sateelite to convert these.

Will explain below:
4pm €250 €11k GTD  (This is fine)

There is then hourly sats to win into the €250 as follows:
4:05pm €50 into €250 (€1k GTD)
5:05pm €50 into €250 (€1k GTD)
6:05pm €50 into €250 (€1.5k GTD)
8:05pm €50 into €250 (€250 GTD)

But then there is no further €250 into the €1100 satellites planned that day. These will finish after the 4pm, so it's a road to nothing at the moment.

Please can you look at this and hopefully add a 6pm Turbo sat (5 seats GTD would be safe) and maybe a 9pm Super turbo €250 into €1k (3 seats GTD)