Unibet Community Poker League - March

JeppeL

The Unibet Community Poker league will feature eight €4 buy-in tournaments in March played on Monday and Thursday, each with a guaranteed prizepool of €400.

In each tournament you can earn points based on the overall number of competing members, for the monthly leaderboard your three best results count.

The leaderboard features a cash divided prizepool of €1000 for the overall top 10 players, the winner of the month also gets to play a heads up sit'ngo against one of our poker ambassadors for €1000 in cash.

The highest ranking community member of each tournament earns a spot in the "Winners SNG", which will be played on Sunday 2/4/2017. The SNG has a prizepool of €150 for the March qualifiers, €100 for 1st position and €50 for 2nd. 

All Unibet players are free to join the tournaments, but in order to earn maximum points for the leaderboard, your poker alias and community alias will have to be identical or very similar. If you play with an incorrect alias, you'll earn the same amount of points as the community member below you.

Important information for those who are not yet members of the community: If you finish in point earning position without being a member of the community, please don't hesitate to sign up and let us know in the thread before the start of the next tournament, others have done so in the past and we'll make a one time expection adding you to the leaderboard. If you want a different community alias than the one you happened to use in the tournament, we can fix that as well :)

Schedule:

6/3:   NLHE Turbo €400 GTD - 19:00 UK - 20:00 CET

9/3:   NLHE Turbo €400 GTD - 19:00 UK - 20:00 CET

13/3: NLHE €400 GTD - 19:00 UK - 20:00 CET

16/3: NLHE €400 GTD - 19:00 UK - 20:00 CET

20/3: PLO €400 GTD - 19:00 UK - 20:00 CET

23/3: PLO €400 GTD - 19:00 UK - 20:00 CET

27/3: NLHE Bounty 9-handed €400 GTD - 18:00 UK - 19:00 CET

30/3: NLHE Bounty 9-handed €400 GTD - 18:00 UK - 19:00 CET 

Leaderboard prizes:

1. €250 + Heads up SNG for €1000 against one of Unibets Poker Ambassadors + Community League winner badge
  2. €200 
  3. €150
  4. €110
  5. €90
  6. €60
  7. €50
  8. €40
  9. €30
  10. €20

Top 20:

1028869455_leaugeweek4.thumb.PNG.c98f8946dbdc45563fc972be6b4fc1c9.PNG

The full terms and conditions, including tie breaker rules, for the league can be found here: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Campaign-Launch-Pad/Terms-amp-Condtitions-Unibet-Community-Poker-League/m-p/78349#M80.

/The Unibet Community Team

EDIT: The full leaderboard can be seen here: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/Unibet-Community-Poker-League/m-p/78493#M13604

Former Community Manager

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JeppeL wrote:

with a chance for the winner to play a heads up sit'ngo against one of our poker ambassadors for €1000 in cash.

Firstly: this is awesome. I hope lot of us will join to the league. For my the buyin is too high at the moment but I will try my best playing one of the tourneys this month and I hope next month I could join more often.

To the Quote: if the winner will play against DaVitsche I strongly recommend to him choosing Banzai as game type and wearing a duck suit.😛

@psrquack wrote:

Firstly: this is awesome. I hope lot of us will join to the league. For my the buyin is too high at the moment but I will try my best playing one of the tourneys this month and I hope next month I could join more often.

To the Quote: if the winner will play against DaVitsche I strongly recommend to him choosing Banzai as game type and wearing a duck suit.😛

One of the weeks this month we might combine the weekly rewards freeroll with the league, so that you could win it by playing just two of the € 4 buy-in tournaments :)

the-rock-slow-clap

Looking forward to play! I personally could live without the PLO tourneys, but why not?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@psrquack wrote:

One of the weeks this month we might combine the weekly rewards freeroll with the league, so that you could win it by playing just two of the € 4 buy-in tournaments :)

pauly.gif.47fee3f632cc7f4d2cbdf65382b0a02d.gif

Added the following information to OP: The winner of each tournament will have the buy-in paid for the next one, along with a bounty of 2 x 10 Euro MTT tickets to whoever knocks him/her out.

I also want to give a shout-out to @Robin-Unibet for approving the format and making the league possible, his dedication to providing a diverse and fun tournament program for all Unibet players is unmacthed.

Former Community Manager

@testuser1@JeppeL

Is there a chance to add a 6th alias, used solely for your community alias, to the poker software? Sometimes it's a pain in the ass to switch back and forth...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Btw the best way letting me in to this tourney is crediting my account with my twitch raffle ticket from last week.😛

Awesome format, looking forward to it  🆗 Will we be able to play against the Ambassador of our choice? :D

I have a curiosity on the logistics of only awarding leaderboard points to people that have aliases the same or similar to the community ones. If it were only exactly the same I guess lists could be easily cross checked against a list of members automatically but with similar aliases seems like quite an arduous process to update the leaderboard every week. Will people participating with similar aliases have to submit them in the thread? Or will non community aliases just be disqualified at the end of the month? 

Also, since it's a long promotion and it's explicitly stated that we should use community aliases I'll ask again if I can get permission to use my FeelsBadMan alias with a custom avatar like the avatar on the forum, if it's too much of a hassle I'll just make some sort of similar NMP alias :)  

Also feedback for the software, it's been mentioned before and it's useful in various situations but particularly useful for any sort of community/twitch/affiliate games, the ability to choose the alias you want to register in a tournament with on a tournament by tournament basis during the registration process, the same way you can do it for cash games when buying in . The difference being, instead of just changing your default alias for the client like the cash game option does it, it will just append the alias you choose to the registration process of the tournament you want, and any other changes to aliases in the main client will not affect the alias in that tournament. Posted this suggestion in the idea section as well in a bit more detail https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Unibet-Idea-Exchange/Preselect-different-aliases-for-MTTs-during-registration/idi-p/74905

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

I have a curiosity on the logistics of only awarding leaderboard points to people that have aliases the same or similar to the community ones. If it were only exactly the same I guess lists could be easily cross checked against a list of members automatically but with similar aliases seems like quite an arduous process to update the leaderboard every week. Will people participating with similar aliases have to submit them in the thread? Or will non community aliases just be disqualified at the end of the month? 

Will do it all in Excel. I'll do a simple check to see if the person even has a community account (takes 10 sec), and I'll then see if there's a similar alias. The formula won't be 100 % accurate, but it shouldn't be too much trouble doing the check.

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

Also feedback for the software, it's been mentioned before and it's useful in various situations but particularly useful for any sort of community/twitch/affiliate games, the ability to choose the alias you want to register in a tournament with on a tournament by tournament basis during the registration process, the same way you can do it for cash games when buying in . The difference being, instead of just changing your default alias for the client like the cash game option does it, it will just append the alias you choose to the registration process of the tournament you want, and any other changes to aliases in the main client will not affect the alias in that tournament. Posted this suggestion in the idea section as well in a bit more detail https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Unibet-Idea-Exchange/Preselect-different-aliases-for-MTTs-during-registration/idi-p/74905

I'm afraid not everyone will know you by "FeelsBadMan", so please stick with "NMPfan" for this :) An option is to have your community alias changed.

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

Like the idea. Let's see what the poker team say :)

Is there going to be some sort of 'Get out of Jail free' card if you forget to change alias? Posting in this thread during the tournament or something? It's bound to happen at some point to someone.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

I hear you @radge1, the format's changed quite a bit, I had a few different goals in mind when creating it:

1. I wanted to create a series of tournaments that would both be challenging and fun to play, while still being a reasonable buy in and a decent guaranteed pool for each individual tournament.  I think there's quite a good balance for this in the new format, and as you say it should attract more members to take part. If you take part in all the tournaments in March, it's a financial commitment of maximum €32 which can potentially net you €1300-€1500 in overall winnings - a nice boost to any bankroll.

2. With the number of different aliases available, the general play experience on Unibet is being anonymous while doing so - I wanted to offer something opposite of that and therefore included the rule of similar aliases having to be used. So for at least two tournaments a week, you'll get the chance to play in a competitive tournament environment where you know the opposition by name and can even contact them afterwards via the community if you'd like. 

I think that overall, there's a really good balance in the new format, making it possible for a lot of players to get in on the great extra value that the league represents :)

@MoreTBC We'll have to discuss that a bit further and add the information during the weekend. I see what you mean, but I also would rather not create a situation where players possible take advantage of a rule unlike it was intended.

Former Community Manager

If first place can play a Unibet-funded €1000 SNG vs an ambassador, I think last place should have to play a self-funded €1000 SNG vs an ambassador. Just to make sure the people participating are really motivated 😏

This looks great to me! 

- would relish a chance to play a pro H/U for E1k!!! :)

- I like the alias proviso!

- 6-handed is better, and bounties make it more fun!

- PLO is a welcome addition imo!

- the only thing I'm not sure about is making it just your top 3 scores that count, but that's a minor thing tbh.

Cheers to Robin, Stubbe, Marco, and Jeppe for listening to players and making changes based on feedback! Bravo guys! :)

I use an app where I can put the time left until the registration starts(for example the next community tournament starts in "4:20:24:46" and you can put in the app "4 days: 20 hours: 24 minutes:46 seconds")... for me this app is really useful, I hope it helps you too @pirahn

Screenshot_2017-03-02-00-29-39-1.png.c3027e44fc53a5e0eb20a1c59c013704.png

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

I'm afraid not everyone will know you by "FeelsBadMan", so please stick with "NMPfan" for this :) An option is to have your community alias changed.

My alias seems to have some sort of block on it (Because of 'tart' in 'Startling' perhaps). Happy for my community name to change to ChapInAChair if it's an easier fix and I'll just play as that alias.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

Archived