UOS X

Pickleman

• 4 weeks later...

^ Just posting a short translation of the angry finnish message. We all probably agree that day 1 could have been shorter (less levels), ideally day 1 and day 2 would be roughly equal, so like for a 10 hour total runtime, 5 hour day 1 +5 hour day 2. This time the "new DSO" had half the stack size (great change IMO) and 2 extra levels of day 1, compared to the old DSO

Personally, other than the weird day 1 day 2 split which seems like an honest mistake, and that doesn't really affect me, I quite enjoyed the structure. a bit too deep at the start but got past that by lateregging an hour in.

Also it probably would make sense to have lower events a bit faster, like for the 1€ event, don't think almost anyone would complain if it were a 10 min day 1 12 min day 2, and for the 10€ maybe like 12min day 1 and 15 minute day 2. The prizes just aren't worth it for most, and these blind timers would still give a very good amount of play for the level of thournaments at those stakes, and it would make it easier to split day1s and day2s equally-ish across the board.

I know I know, his angry message didn't seem like it said all this, but deep down it really did 🤣

@Leo-Unibet 

• Like 1

@Farseer wrote:

With this thing happening, I think that we all agree that non-Sunday 2-day UOS events have been ultra failure for everyone involved. I say: kill all of them for being 2-days (make them 1-day again) and make other events have shorter levels.

d518.thumb.png.01dd11456d35c153924ed80c64cf4986.png

@Leo-Unibet 

@Farseer  This 2-day event were exceptional when it comes to how it would run out, with the number of player this would, under normal circumstances been running for another 13 levels (260 minutes), as youi know, the length of a tournament with the same setup can vary alot in time.  This was just sick. 

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

^ Just posting a short translation of the angry finnish message. We all probably agree that day 1 could have been shorter (less levels), ideally day 1 and day 2 would be roughly equal, so like for a 10 hour total runtime, 5 hour day 1 +5 hour day 2. This time the "new DSO" had half the stack size (great change IMO) and 2 extra levels of day 1, compared to the old DSO

Personally, other than the weird day 1 day 2 split which seems like an honest mistake, and that doesn't really affect me, I quite enjoyed the structure. a bit too deep at the start but got past that by lateregging an hour in.

Also it probably would make sense to have lower events a bit faster, like for the 1€ event, don't think almost anyone would complain if it were a 10 min day 1 12 min day 2, and for the 10€ maybe like 12min day 1 and 15 minute day 2. The prizes just aren't worth it for most, and these blind timers would still give a very good amount of play for the level of thournaments at those stakes, and it would make it easier to split day1s and day2s equally-ish across the board.

I know I know, his angry message didn't seem like it said all this, but deep down it really did 🤣

@Leo-Unibet 

Hello @FeelsBadMan 

Thanks for you mail, I will try to break it down what happend.

that day 1 could have been shorter (less levels),

I know you nioticed the change we done lately where we used to run day one 26 levels and now gone over to do 27 levels on the first day, the reason for doing so is that before when we're running 26 levels it happend that we were closing day ones just a few placed from being in the money, 8 out of 10 times we would make the money within 26 levels but to please the load crowd I changed, and made day 1's 27 levels. So that's the reason for having 27 levels. We also changed day 1's from being 12 minutes to being 15 minutes, this made day one's 81 minutes longer, but made the BB avg much better.

This time the "new DSO" had half the stack size (great change IMO)

On this particullar tournament I wish we had more than the 15K in start stack and this tournament wouldn't been that awkward

Personally, other than the weird day 1 day 2 split which seems like an honest mistake

Not really a mistake, more like a effect of to little chips in play or to few entrances as in this €300 event 87+11 we're enough on a wierd playout like this.

Normally, this tournament with this number of chips would be playing about 13 levels longer, 260 minutes, over 4 hours but due to how the players were busting out in rapid phase we had this strange situation. It's just sad that this happend, it's obviously not nice experience for the 2 players remaining in the tournament, the other 85 players were not affected , thankfully. I guess the money made for these players would make up for the sick circumstances.

Also it probably would make sense to have lower events a bit faster, like for the 1€ event, don't think almost anyone would complain 

I 100% understand that argumentation, but the ideais that all three tournaments starting in the same "slot" should be mirroring eachother, so that all players would have the same feeling of "great tournament with super nice structure" , no matter if you a nano player, or if you a regular €100-player. Give the lower buyin players the same experience. Good or bad, I don't know but I think they are worth that "feeling" to.

I know I know, his angry message didn't seem like it said all this, but deep down it really did

Thanks for explaining Adrian, but I understood what @Farseer  ment to :-)

I solution after this experience is probably not to try to reach the money within day 1, probably just make the day 1's aprox 20 levels (105 minites) shorter and we have a day 2 where players will have an 1,5 hours play before reaching the money.

After all, this was a extream ran-out tournament which ended on 2400-4800 but should normally been playing until aprox 12500-25000

I wish players, when they were in the money wasn't so eager to get it all in, they should enjoyed that tournament insted of pushing it 😃

expect shorter day 1's in the future.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and thoughts :peace: 

@Leo-Unibet You don't have to explain yourself to us, we're just giving feedback (even though one feedback was a bit aggressive and drunk 🤣 )

I like the 20 levels idea for day 1, indeed it's probably better to end far from the money and let it pop on day 2, that's mostly why we gave this feedback, not for the 2 people returning on day2, but more because of the unnecesarily long day 1 given the circumstances. And yeah I assumed it was because people complained about the bubble and their feedback focused more on lets just burst it already :D , understandable.

As for having different setups for different buyins I understand where you're coming from, I have mixed feelings about this too, as low stakes players want to play good tournaments too, would definitly be against making them turbo, it just seems that the feedback is that thay're a bit too long for the very tiny prizes, and 10-12 for 1€ , 12-15 for 10€ with 15k chips still makes for a very well structured tournament compared to what else is available at their stakes (while very slow tournaments are more standard at the higher stakes), and it would also help making the total runtime more similar for the 4 tournaments despite the fact that the low ones have 3 to 4 times the entries,  and then you can make custom day1/day2 splits where day 1 ends at the same-ish time, but the lower ones are further along. Just an idea, dunno what is better, completely up to you what you consider is better, it's not something that affects me as I don't play the 1 , and I don't mind the 10 lasting however long, just basing this on a few personal anecdotes I've heard and lack any real data on what people prefer.

Overall I really liked these tournaments, quite enjoyable to play 👍

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

@Leo-Unibet You don't have to explain yourself to us, we're just giving feedback (even though one feedback was a bit aggressive and drunk 🤣 )

I like the 20 levels idea for day 1, indeed it's probably better to end far from the money and let it pop on day 2, that's mostly why we gave this feedback, not for the 2 people returning on day2, but more because of the unnecesarily long day 1 given the circumstances. And yeah I assumed it was because people complained about the bubble and their feedback focused more on lets just burst it already :D , understandable.

As for having different setups for different buyins I understand where you're coming from, I have mixed feelings about this too, as low stakes players want to play good tournaments too, would definitly be against making them turbo, it just seems that the feedback is that thay're a bit too long for the very tiny prizes, and 10-12 for 1€ , 12-15 for 10€ with 15k chips still makes for a very well structured tournament compared to what else is available at their stakes (while very slow tournaments are more standard at the higher stakes), and it would also help making the total runtime more similar for the 4 tournaments despite the fact that the low ones have 3 to 4 times the entries,  and then you can make custom day1/day2 splits where day 1 ends at the same-ish time, but the lower ones are further along. Just an idea, dunno what is better, completely up to you what you consider is better, it's not something that affects me as I don't play the 1 , and I don't mind the 10 lasting however long, just basing this on a few personal anecdotes I've heard and lack any real data on what people prefer.

Overall I really liked these tournaments, quite enjoyable to play 👍

Thanks @FeelsBadMan  for your thoughtful writings, of course I have to explain how we ended up having a sick tournament as the €300.

Because of yours and @Farseer  inputs we might have even better schedule whenever we make UOS11.

It's a balance of making the majority of our customers happy and having a great time at the tables, we can't be optimal for all, but we can give it a try.

Thanks guys, and good luck with the remaining of the series.     

Hello @Leo-Unibet ,

I think the deatils on Unibet.com are not correct. It seems that some part was copied from UOS IX, but some things changed.

E.g.:

Total prizepool: € 1500

The prizepool of Nano will be shared equally.

All qualified players will win the same amount

Criteria: Players must have played at least 31 of all 44 nano events (> 70%).

In UOS X there are only 40 nano tournaments. Could you please tell me how many nano tournaments must have play to win a share form the prizepool? Thank you in advance!

• Like 3

@Kamon wrote:

Hello @Leo-Unibet ,

I think the deatils on Unibet.com are not correct. It seems that some part was copied from UOS IX, but some things changed.

E.g.:

Total prizepool: € 1500

The prizepool of Nano will be shared equally.

All qualified players will win the same amount

Criteria: Players must have played at least 31 of all 44 nano events (> 70%).

In UOS X there are only 40 nano tournaments. Could you please tell me how many nano tournaments must have play to win a share form the prizepool? Thank you in advance!

Hello @Kamon  I will forward this to the man in charge

• Like 1

@Janek wrote:

@Leo-Unibet  would it be possible to allow registration with €100 only to 50,000 E89 UOS leftover ticket to €100 E115, E122 or €40,000 E129?

Hey @Janek   I made that ticket valid for other UOS €100 events. For the future, please don't participate in "ONLY for" qualifiers if you aint gonna use the ticket.

Have a nice weekend!    

• Like 2