UO Copenhagen Roll Call (plus surprise inside)

DavidP_Unibet

Hi all,

Unibet Open Copenhagen takes place from 25th - 28th August and the final Wednesday and Sunday qualifiers take place this week - who is coming from the forum, and who is stll aiming to qualify? Any first-timers planning to be in attendance?

We also have some exciting news to announce - Kenny Hallaert (WSOP November Niner) is the new Tournament Director for the Unibet Open Tour and Copenhagen will be his first event. :smileyvery-happy:

http://calvinayre.com/2016/08/08/poker/kenny-hallaert-joins-unibet-and-you-will-never-guess-what-he-will-be-doing/

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Hello, im going to the Unibet Open in Copenhagen. I won my package through a Pocketfives/Unibet promotion and amazingly i won it even tho the two players above me on the leaderboard had only needed to registrer and bust first in the last tournament to get ahead of me. I won the package with a 0.92 point margin.

Ive only played one live tournament before and thats the norwegian championship in Dublin, Ireland. I won a seat for that tournament through Unibet also. Im bringing along my degenerate friend for the event also haha.

See you all in Copenhagen!

It is on my bucket list of things to accomplish for 2017. I will try very hard to qualify for a UO Live event.

Good luck to everyone competing!

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

What does a Tournament Director actually do? I know they're there during the days of the event making the final decisions on things but is there anything else? Do they set the structures and things like that? Organise the side events?

I'm just being nosey and wanted to see what a job that like involves. :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@MoreTBC wrote:

What does a Tournament Director actually do? I know they're there during the days of the event making the final decisions on things but is there anything else? Do they set the structures and things like that? Organise the side events?

I'm just being nosey and wanted to see what a job that like involves. :)

They're in charge of running the tournament. They say 'Shuffle up & Deal' & announce blinds/antes. Also in charge of settling disputes between players/dealers & giving penalties. I got this information from Jack Effel's twitter (Director at WSOP) a while back when someone asked what he actually did.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

In terms of Unibet Open events, the tournament director is quite hands on - he's responsible for all rulings, setting the structure, side events and their structure and also sets the tone for the whole event and all staff there. 

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

@Magicadil wrote:

They're in charge of running the tournament. They say 'Shuffle up & Deal' & announce blinds/antes. Also in charge of settling disputes between players/dealers & giving penalties. I got this information from Jack Effel's twitter (Director at WSOP) a while back when someone asked what he actually did.

I've seen the 'in play' stuff a TD does, was just wondering if it was more involved behind the scenes (pre event) or not. It's good to see Mr Hallaert isn't going to be just a 'celebrity' referee for a few days but will be active in all aspects of the live events :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Congratz to both Unibet and Hallaert! Great that now I know that someone who actually knows how to play poker leads tournaments in Unibet Open :)

Unfortunately too much poker grind to do here so can't do Unibet Open Copenhagen. Have grinded up to 900€ in UO tickets so I am excited to hear about when and where will be next. I hope not in November, as I am already going to Caribbean but December and Prague Poker Festival would be jackpot.

Great news :)

I hope i can qualify next year for an unibet open, it's on my list of goals for 2017 and then maybe i'll have the pleasure to congratulate Kenny for his performance at Wsop and meet all you unibet guys and ladies :)

Archived