Ticket Exchange is ending 4th November

penguin50

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Unibet-Open-UK-Tour/Changes-to-Unibet-Open-and-UK-Tour-exchanger/td-p/189100

We have decided to remove the Exchangers on Sundays. This will take place 4th November, after the last Unibet Open Final for Dublin. The tickets will still  have a long validity time, so there will be time enough time for everyone to use their tickets. In exceptional cases we will help out, manually exchanging tickets.

The reason why we are making this change is to be able control satellite ticket flow to maintain and if possible increase the amount of packages we guarantee in the finals. The result of introducing the exchangers hasn’t turned out in a good way, it’s been really difficult to
estimate where and when the tickets would be used. By doing this change we believe it will benefit both us and all players that aiming for a live experience. If you have any questions related to the change, just drop a question to @Patric-Unibet

No,No,Nooooo

I am only a micro player and love the Exchange of tickets to have more attempts of winning a seat

Posted it here to get more views as not everyone looks at all the subfolders

I am sure that i am not the only one that wants it to stay.pen.png.7280ff6abb4ed664477b4459855f49f5.png

• Like 13

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "we want to control the satellite flow"-excuse is really funny: The 250 Euro tickets are valid for 6 months, that's over 50 opportunities to use those tickets...:laugh:

Like @NeriPoker said, I'm probably going to hold on to my tickets and blast them away next year trying to qualify for a destination I like. If I don't make it, so be it and that's that. It's just sad for new and micro stakes players, as building up my UO bankroll from scratch was really entertaining.

• Like 9
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Going to UO from scratch will be pretty hard. No hoarding tickets and with only one micro sat to 1e tickets. Some satellite for 2e tickets for 1e ticket or 0.40e maybe will change some things. I dont know. My UO adventure started when i eliminated Davitsche from bounty hunt, then in one step ive got 25x2e ticket and went from there. Now i dont know how can i easily win 2e ticket other than with direct buy in. All good things ends, unfortunately...:teardrop:

• Like 5
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Also sad, but i knew this was gonna happen one day, only surprised its so quickly after they launched the automatic exchangers, so be it, it was fun while it lasted ... 

Just hope Unibet don't change into amayabet in time... Please stay customer friendly as we all know you! I want to stay optimistic and believe this won't happen!

<3

• Like 2

and I think that the prize fund of each live tournament will decrease, because the number of players constantly playing in these tournaments decreases, the problem can only be increased when registering (8 euros per tournament 2 to the common pot), which means the chances will decrease because the number of tickets for low and medium buyins will be less. as a result, it will be a bad decision which way not to look. I don’t understand why, if the old system was profitable

• Like 1

Checking my sheets I have 69% ROI in UO and 72% in UK sats but breaking it down to the small buy ins i only have 13 % in 1->4uk and 15% in UO10 quals. I guess people dont play them seriously since they have tons of tickets and just dont care that much but it makes it much harder to qualify for sure so mayby now they will get played more serously which myself atleast would enjoy alot.

I think you're spot on @triceraatopp there are so many tickets floating around that players just play "bingo" poker all the time, hoping to double up or move onto the next one, it's definitely getting harder to find "proper" poker games, moving up the buy ins where players value the money more seems to be the only answer right now.

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

My point exactly @GR1ZZL3R! I have the sample size to prove that this is more then normal variance aswell, it should not be possible to go from 13 % roi in 1->4 games to 91% in 4->25 if it wasnt for the 4 way all is at the lower level. Everybody that are serious about qualifying will benefit from the games becomming more serious :) 

• Like 1

I think it is a bad move for recreational players which is what the site prides itself on. I can take shots all day every day at €1 sats but I’m sure a lot of recs rely on ticket hordes they have built up to avoid depositing. Having to change my thinking again on the challenge I am doing with Charl again because of these changes. Obviously no new deposits is no good for Unibet as they will need fresh money in the game and this is understandable. I like to think they have something up their sleeve which will again help recs achieve live events that they could otherwise only dream of.

my biggest issue with the live tours is how late they are announced. Coupled with ticket expiry I simply won’t try and qualify for the unknown and just break the ticket. Dublin was an exception because they had problems with the original venue but if I remember right the UK tour this year wasn’t announced until well into 2018 either. For comparison we already know a competitor on the uk tour has 2019 tour stops Blackpool end of Jan and Edinburgh start of March. Giving people time to plan and go for the events best for them is as important as offering the chance in my opinion.

Edit: - I should also add that not being able to defer the ticket to a later event would also put me off trying to qualify. If I can't defer it then I simply wont bother trying to qualify for one I know I can't attend and will wait until reg is open for one I can. This has been the case a few times for me over the past year.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

As I mentioned in the other thread, we understand that this decision is not the most popular decision among players but it is a step we had to take eventually.

Unibet Open qualifiers have been cost heavy for us and even though I understand that everybody has their own perspective and opinion in that regard, we feel like this is the right decision.

I'm confident that the change will have a positive effect in the long run and hoarding tickets will no longer be an option.

We will obviously observe the process and if we feel according changes need to be made, we will discuss again.

Please don't forget that there are always pros and cons. By not allowing to hoard a great number of tickets anymore, you might take a shot and end up qualifying for an Unibet Open where before you wouldn't even have tried it.

We will always have open ears for your feedback and if you have any suggestions on what to do to make the live qualifiers system better, then please let us know.

However, the decision to stop exchanges stands from November 4.

Thanks

Edit: We will try our best to announce future stops earlier than in the past as I understand that planning ahead is very useful for many

• Like 2

In 2eUO MTTs with 6x10e only 1of6-7 is making more than gtd. With 10e the gtd are also too high, make it 1 ticket gtd and there will be no overlay never, i can guarantee this. Played only handful of 50e ones and there was never an overlay. 

Remove the line 1eUO-4eUO-25eUO for qualifing, cause in 1eUO (in those almost never is gtd broken).  With 4eUO its a 50/50 i think, so also lower the gtd tickets.  Same thing with 25e, very often there is overlay. Dont allow the MTTs start with 3 people and with 2 tickets cause very often the tournament ends after 1 hand.

Removing the exchanger is killing UO currency. If Unibet losing too much on UO, lowering the guarantees can easily fix this. Why throw the baby out with bathwater?

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

It's not that simple unfortunately @Merenitsu

The GTD is usually what attracts the players itself.

Removing the GTD would make us lose a lot of players from playing it.

As said, the decision is taken and stands and we will observe what happens and adapt accordingly if we feel the need.

Hopefully you will be able to adapt to it and I look forward to see some of you at future stops :)

• Like 2

Dear @Patric-Unibet,

I thought you guys were in the rake generating business? If I have one 250 Euro ticket and play it, 225 Euro go to the prize pool and 25 Euro go to Unibet. If I split it up into 5*50 Euro tickets, 5*45 Euro stay in the UO pool and you get 5*5 Euro PLUS if I ever want to see money out of the UO pool, I have to play further raked tournaments.

I was under the impression that the more games we play, the better for you guys...

You said, that you're losing money with the UO qualifiers, however you never exactly said where and why you're losing it. It's definitely not at the daily 50--->250 Euro tournaments where you even added a new qualifier on Sunday with the highest guarantee I've seen here so far (6 tickets).

Obviously you are trying to squeeze the ticket hoarders (since when is hoarding tickets a bad thing for Unibet???) into using up their UO bankroll, assuming that they're then adding fresh money to the UO pool after their hoarded tickets are gone. I think in a lot of cases this assumption is wrong, as those guys (that includes me) will simply leave the UO system altogether.

I really enjoyed @Leo-Unibet's new MTT schedule, set up exactly one year ago, and decided to put some money into the new qualifiers despite not being an MTT player myself. In the first 6 months up until you eliminated the manual exchange of tickets, I bought in for 2231 Euro total (UO excluded), in the last 6 months, my turnover dropped to 1420 Euro, mostly eliminating my ticket bankroll. Over the last 3 months alone, I just played 10 MTTs for 235 Euro total. Over the past 6 weeks, I just played 2 MTTs (UO and free tickets excluded). 

The elimination of the exchanges didn't encourage me to put more money into the MTTs, it lead to the exact opposite result.

• Like 8
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Patric-Unibet

I didn't follow the entire discussion. But I find the decision good in a way. I've seen how I could play from 1 euro to 500+euro tickets (without exchange possibility) and that just seemed impossible on Unibet... Just because nobody values their tickets. People who can exchange their 50 to 5*10 only need to win 1 to be back at 50. If you try flipping a lot in the beginning and get 3x starting stack, you can be pretty safe for the remainder of the sat on Unibet.

In my opinion the entire UO satellite tree just needs a revision.

The entire flow from 1 to 2000 takes far too many steps (you need to win 4 times). I think the system would benefit from steeper steps; 2-25-250-2000 or even 2-20-200-2000. I keep the steps at around 10x to find some balance between recreationals and the fact that Unibets player base isn't that big. This way you have a similar ITM% as in any normal MTT aswell.

I think there can also be an even steeper route with (unlimited) re-entry/re-buy structure which has something like 50c-10-200/250-2000, but the two should go side to side (only re-entry/re-buy will scare)

Reducing the tree with one step can even make you to keep the exchange system, as there would still be (almost) the same amount of players but for one less level.

Then there is a problem with rake. I think rake should be far lower in tournaments which don't have a direct money payout (so satellites :p)

Now you take 10% from each step, so in a theoretical 1 or 2 - 2000 you take 4x 10% let's say there is this break even player who qualifies for UO by investing 1000x2 euro (200 he wins and plays in 10. 40 of those he wins and plays in 50 euro. 8 of those he wins and plays in 250 euro and finally he wins 1 of his 8 finals.), spending 2000 euro in each step. Then he will have paid 800 euro rake on his 2000 euro package, which contains only a 1100 euro seat, on which he pays 100 euro rake again resulting in paying 900 euro rake for an effective 1000 euro tournament.
Reducing satellite rake to 5% would result in that same player having 400 euro left (which he will use in his next journey for UO)

Combining the two proposals would indeed result in far less profit per package for Unibet (5% rake and one step less result in 400 euro rake on the 1000 euro tournament effectively), but more players will ultimately keep playing.

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@jonny2192 

Okay but then it's up to Unibet to make sure we can't exchange from the short route to the long route ;) Also 4-25-250-2000 is a bit strange of a set-up (as it is x6, x10, x8) and therefore different to play (In my opinion). I would understand that the multipliers get constantly higher (since a higher multiplier is more difficult for recreationals). Altough I disregard my own statement with the proposal of the re-entry route partially. (Still, if you re-enter at least once in each of the games, and the final you can't because it would be mutual, then the multipliers would also be x10 all the times or even less.)

Also there are just far too many different ticket values (1, 2, 4, 10, 25, 50, 250) all for their own specific tournament. With my suggestion there would be 3 (2, 20, 200) for the freezeout route alone or 5 (.5, 2, 10, 20, 200) if both freezeout and re-entry route would be available.

If after this Unibet wants to re-introduce the exchanges, then it's up to them to keep fast-trackers in their own lane and don't exchange e.g. a 10 euro ticket into 5x2, but only in 10x 1.

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@VikingsAF Just hope there a route left to play. Almost 3 years on and off I have played the sats because of the exchanges. 

Considering i would never have played for a live event if it wasnt for reading a 2+2 thread many ages ago,thats a lot of games/rake from a minisclue investment.

• Like 1
You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@jonny2192

As you can see I'm supporting the exchange still ;) I just think the combination of all circumstances at this moment is not healthy for the system. (It is a long time ago that I played sats on Unibet tough, because they never really felt that rewarding)

Ofcourse a lot of sats will overlay if you have 10 million different game types.

So I'm just suggesting a complete makeover rather than some half-assed measures. It worked for the normal MTT's... why won't it work for the qualifiers?