Ticket Exchange is ending 4th November

penguin50

I am sure that i am not the only one that wants it to stay.pen.png.df70c63d410fee9596ff93d317ca2b50.png

@penguin50 @NeriPoker You are two players in this thread that I know I convinced to try Unibet because of the tix exchanges.

@penguin50 You also know a few people I have got to play Unibet because of the tix exchanges and @NeriPoker I am sure you remember the days of me converting players to Unibet because of the exchanges on ace high in the not so long ago past. 

• Like 2
You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@WuDu I agree with you completely. You have expressed my thought in more detail. the only time where they lose money is until the evening (a couple of tournaments with a prize pool of 100 euros) and maybe in the finals (but this is very rare), because the necessary number of players is not gained. As for the rest of the tournaments, it is very good everywhere.  I think everything will come back after everyone sees the result. so you can not be particularly upset. But even if I do not return, I will concentrate my efforts on mtt, than sattelites with a multi-level structure, which you can never pass without a bankroll of a few thousand.

• Like 2

@Patric-Unibet wrote:

@Merenitsu: We have guarantees and it sums a lot. An overlay of x here, an overlay of x there. Each final ticket gets built from a lot of smaller GTD tickets and it ends in quite a high amount of cost for us.

Of course, this goes both ways:

UO.thumb.PNG.2a27c96748d02f34a5f2d5c1ab8e61c2.PNG

Without me playing on one of my tickets tonight, your deficit would have been 45+5 Euro higher. You're welcome.

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I sort of see Unibet's point of view as in my case since starting an attempt to qualify for the Manchester leg of the UK Tour I have not added to the poker economy. I bought my first few attempts, spending 18.30 quite a few weeks ago and have not used cash in any satellite since, now holding 3x25 and 18x4 tickets, getting up to 1x100 and splitting down, not really wanting to only have one shot at the final. Once the exchanger goes, that's it, use them or lose them. I don't know if players will buy more attempts or not, but there must be 100s if not 1000s of euros in tickets never coming back into play. I'll be sorry to see them go, it has been a unique feature on Unibet, and I don't know whether I'll continue trying to qualify once it's gone. Time will tell if this is a good decision or not, the general player's thoughts seem to be not, mine as well. It's a pity but Unibet is a business after all. 😞

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Quick question on the exchangers. Is it possible to exchange more than one ticket at a time ie:  2x25 tickets together, or do they have to be done 1 week at a time?

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

I sort of see Unibet's point of view as in my case since starting an attempt to qualify for the Manchester leg of the UK Tour I have not added to the poker economy.

You could say the same for any winning player at any format, once they have made thier initial deposit they do not contribute any new funds to the poker economy.

I think in general there are just not enough players wanting to play for the live events and removing the exchanges will lower that number even more. Would have been nice to see attempts to attract more players too these games.

Even though other sites do not do tix exchanges theres always ways to gain back some cash before the final, one site pays out a 2nd win to the same step as cash(i.e win 2 x uo2 you get 10e cash for 2nd win) and others have cash bubbles at every step rather than ticket back. At least knowing you get the chance of some cash back is better than knowing that your money is tied up till IF and when you win a final.

One other added bonus from the tickets for Unibet is that the software can really ^&*&%%% you off sometimes, get moved on the bubble twice in a row into the big blind, lobby not updating and numerous other bugs that have been reported for years that do not seem to be being fixed. If you have a cash balance only your withdrawing and trying elsewhere, If you have 100s or even 1000s in tixs you have no choice but to forgive and forget or loose them.

I know this as a fact as many a time I have thought feck this not again I am not playing and then been back in 24 hours because I had a fortune in tixs I didnt want to just throw away.

• Like 5
You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

I certainly see the frustration @jonny2192. As  i say, I like the system, but wanting to build up 3-4 attempts to have a shot at the 100e is not going to be as easy, if possible at all, if we have to use tx up as and when gained. I'm going to split 1x25 into 1e tx and take it from there, hoping not to have to rebuy in at the bottom again. I think I'll have to play more aggressively ( higher levels straight away ) if I can't split tickets down and the idea is not to spend too much on qualifying so I think you're right, there will be fewer players willing to give it a go.:teardrop:

@GR1ZZL3R @jonny2192

I made a suggestion in the other thread like this in the live tour forum. I'm sure the decision is concrete but I thought throwing some ideas out there might make a difference to scoping sats in the future as always felt the Unibet guys around here value feedback regardless of what the powers that be decide.

• Like 1

I think what @jonny2192 said is pretty much underestimated here:

Those tickets are not cash, the money stays within the system. This leads to the situation that said tickets are an "anchor" for other Unibet activities.

Let me give you an example:

@Leo-Unibetset up the Sputnik games a year ago. I don't play add-on/rebuys, however I liked the qualifiers (based on the structure and the time) and started to play them regularily, despite not having an interest in playing the main event. I ended up with 60-70 5 Euro Sputnik tickets  in April which I then used to qualify for other 25 Euro tickets. I also kept an eye on the remaining schedule and bought into other MTTs and other qualifiers (Milky Way, UOS, Supernova, Deep Space Fireball).

After some ridiculous bad beats at the 25 Euro Gargle Blaster, I said "no mas" and played out my tickets. Despite enjoying the satellites here and having a nice ROI at MTTs, the last time I played a qualifier (non UO, non free ticket) was on August 22nd. If there were still exchanges, I'd be playing right now and maybe even finding other games I like.

Like I said, those fixed time MTTs also served as an "anchor" for my Unibet schedule. I play SNGs mostly, from time to time I play cash games, so I can start and finish whenever I want. However if there are MTTs you like to play, that gives you an extra incentive to start playing earlier or stay online a little longer. The 50 Euro UO qualifier at 8 PM CET is such an anchor. Last year it were the 10 Euro UO games throughout the evening that I didn't want to miss.  

I currently have 21 Dollars sitting at 888 from the time before I found Unibet. Minimum amount of cashout is 25 Dollars. It's not that I need that money, but it's mine, so what are my options here? Playing for cash or SNGs is not an option, I simply cannot go back to throwing cake and tomatoes. I could bet on Emperor Trump in 2020, but then I'd have to wait for my money for over 2 years. So I thought, what about playing their WSOP qualifiers from time to time, when I have to weather the RNG-storm here at Unibet? So I looked at the schedule when it dawned on me that I cannot exchange tickets at 888. Needless to say, my 21 Dollars are still sitting there untouched.

My point is, the ticket exchange was a great marketing tool for Unibet. Removing this tool is definitely going to disincentive some players to invest money in the UO tour. However if there are a lot of ticket hoarders, holy moly, I assume there will be a downswing in qualifier traffic at the levels UO50 and lower.

• Like 5
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu

Thanks for your inputs.

They are a very nice marketing tool for us, we are aware of that,  but the system didn't turn out the way we hoped.
This is a desion for time being, nothing is set in stoone and we might come back one day with some other solution which will solve these matters. Introducing the lower limit qualifier will help out making the qualifier structure good for all involved.

@WuDu Agreed 

@triceraatopp If you have 91% roi then your killing everyone and your the problem. 😛 Are you going to be in Malta next week.

Ubo used to be very successful.6 packages gtd on a Sunday and mostly going well over. It has been in a decline for some time now. There are many and varied reasons.  Relax, communication, software limitations, live events team, bugs, planning etc.

I understand the maths behind current thinking of cost per end ticket. The maths is a singular application and does not take into account the ecology of the poker system. Nor does it tell you the opportunity cost of the maths. 

Personally, i played less when tix exchanges were reduced. It will have the same impact again. As @WuDu explains above.

We should also acknowledge that poker team are working with their hands tied. Poker is a small part of the overall business and that creates limitations. Tournament side of poker does not pay the bills and when suits look at costs, they would want those costs reduced.

Communication between a company and its customers is vitally important and that's one area that could and should improve.

Moving forward, I hope there is more positive announcements on Unibets direction of travel.

• Like 7

@pirahn haha 🤣 i would think you have about twice that! Nope no malta, saving myself dublin/manchester/nottingham commming up :D are you in malta? GL if so! Will you come to dublin/manch?:D

@WuDu I realice I wasent taking the whole picture into account, ofc I understand the breakdown of 250/100 and even 50 tickets to get more shots on the final and higher buy ins. My argument was simply for the lower qualifers where it to me seems like some people gather loads of 1 eur tickets and then play bingo. Anyhow, i see your point and agree.

• Like 1

uotix.PNG.69fcb2ca4e995d381d2678d35f746f76.PNG

Well guys, I have exchanged all my tikiets and now I am forced to take a break from playing the UO satellites until next March or so. Solid plan from the guys in charge at Unibet, discouraging a part of its player base from playing. 👍 But what do I know...?

• Like 3

@Patric-Unibet

Under the old exchange rules, I would simply continue playing the UO50s as a more or less regular habit. I like those games and it's always fun to see some of the regulars there, even if they don't know who I am. Once I had enough tickets as a back-up, I would take stabs at the 250s (depending on my mood, the time of year and the location). I mean there's really no need for 30+ UO50 tickets in my account.

With the new rules (no exchanges and no extensions, players have to take the package they qualify for), I first have to see where the next Unibet Open takes place. I'm not really interested in travelling to London or Copenhagen in the winter. Maybe you have a great location in May, maybe there's a better one in the late summer or maybe the November tournament is interesting. By continuing to play now, I would simply rob myself of options. With maybe 5 UO250s in the bag, I have a 45 % chance of qualifying for a package, so I have to make the most out of this realistic opportunity before my UO bankroll melts away and I cannot qualify for the UO anymore.

• Like 1

I posted this in another thread about the topic and my conclusions are that this is going to be at best neutral for Unibet.  The decline in UO participation isn't due to exchangers.... sure people will rinse and recycle which doesn't help the 250's but adventually they are going to play in the final.  But on the flip side there are regs like @WuDu who will just stop playing.  This from an ecology standpoint helps as I assume he's a "winning player" and recs have a better chance of moving up the sat tree... but he does provide rake and he does prevent overlays.

The real problem isn't the ticket exchange but the poor offerings in terms of satellites to the 250.  The 50eu on Sunday (I'm sure the most popular) starts at the same time as the UO250.  Winners of the 50 are being asked to late reg 1.5 hours into the 250 which turns off a lot of people.  The 10euro multibuy should be flipped to a rebuy.... and speaking of rebuys they aren't being utilized nearly enough.  The rake on them was done perfectly so the issue is their lack of abundancy.

Sub sats on Sundays should be done based on conceivable end times in relation to the next branch up the ladders start time.  Furthermore the "winning tickets" formula should be balanced off with other offerings where the winners get entered into the target tourney during late reg like other sites do.

• Like 3

@Sect7G

I was a winner at the UO2s and UO10s since I built up my UO bankroll from a UO4 ticket, however I haven't played there since "forever". Obviously that didn't help the poker ecology at those levels too much...

"This is going to be at best neutral for Unibet." That's a statement I can fully get behind.The whole strategy reminds me of a government sending additional police into a high crime city, to get that area under control. Only to realize that now police presence is missing in other parts of the county/state, shifting crime to those parts. The root of the problem isn't being dealt with, the overall outcome is going to be at best neutral.

• Like 1

sinaia.PNG.8fb982279e9cbd8c47fcec8bf0718a6f.PNG

Really great value for players wanting to travel to Wallachia. However call me crazy, I'm not seeing the influx of hoarded tickets so far... Similar situation for the 50->250 Euro UO turbo earlier today. Unibet is now guaranteeing 2 tickets, yet only 10 guys played the game.

• Like 4

UO.thumb.PNG.a58f9537540547a6ed929631f95cb518.PNG

The UO50 today. I still don't see the increase in participating players, especially considering the fact that you're now giving away 100*UO10 tickets during Monday's betting freeroll. Maybe it's because some regs are missing now...???

• Like 1

@WuDu: They gave away 100 tickets. Let's say 90% of the tickets were already used. From those 90 tickets 25 could make the next step and others lost it or won the ticket back. From  those 25 tickets 6 could make the final round. Some of those players didn't play their tickets yet, so we can calculate with 2-3 more players from those betting freerolls in the finals. Not so much.

• Like 1