Thoughts about this line with KK on 0.25?

llrrss

Did you have any special information about your opponent? If yes your moves could be correct (repesenting the nuts) but if your villain is a simple player, then raising after turn and river call is total unnecessary. BTw I think if you want to represent an ace on flop then the raise should be also at least a pot bet, any other c-bet could show your weakness. What I really don't understand is the river call, that's why I asked if you have any information about your opponent.

A proper hand analysis? I <3 you!

I think you overvalued your hand, what do you think people jam river with? FH/quads and busted flushdraws? 25NL has a lot of regs that don't 3bet enough, and flat too wide with Ax hands. So you should always be careful on an A high board. The fact that there are 2 on the flop does reduce the amount of combo's he'll have, but still take into consideration how large the Ax part of his range is going to be. Villain could also easily have 44 (on the flop) here.

By the river the 44 is unlikely, but his Ax combo's are still happily jamming for value, do you think people jam 55-QQ here? I think we both know the answer.

Then we're at the part of his range that is busted flushdraws, here the fact that you hold the Kd is a very important one. You block KQdd-KTdd and therefor the majority of his possible FD's. That means there could be QJdd-56dd & QTdd in his range, but honestly, I don't think they make it past your turnbet.

Also: do you always open 4x preflop? Because from the looks of it, your opponent (who is a reg) already seems to know you're probably opening too tight.

Cheers mate and thank you for an A+ analysis!

I guess I know the river call is very -EV. I suppose there’s a few busted flush draws (even a straight draw?) in his range or perhaps a lower pocket pair turned into a bluff once I basically let villain know my hand for sure when I check the river. But a lot more aces :) And I fully agree that my Kd plays a huge role here.

but I just hate check/folding the river and I don’t like small blocker bet / folding either. Any thoughts on alternative plays on any of the streets to avoid this spot?

Without knowing how the opponent had been playing prior to that hand or the relative positions on the table and stack sizes it's hard to say what the correct play would have been.

One thing I have noticed in the game these days is that a hell of a lot of players seem to play any ace. Not sure if it's in part down to a particular challenge a player may be trying to achieve, such as having everyone fold to you on the button, or that in this day of aggressive play any ace is a good ace mindset. 2 aces on the flop would have me thing that he may have called with a baby PP like 4's and had filled up so I'd have been wary of him flat calling as it's a tactic I often use myself. Not sure I'd have put him on an ace so I think I'd have either checked or, depending on his previous game play, made a bet of about 3 Euros on the river. If he'd raised that bet I@d have dumped the KK. Might even have decided on that turn call to dump it anyway because of the small PP probability.

I guess sometimes you just know that KK is dead in the water and have to act accordingly.

Archived