The poker chit chat

JeppeL

Did a  5-seat SNG for November mission yesterday and used a ticket.

One player was super agressive, played more or less every hand, raising until all folded. He got called a few times and he was bluffing every time, but was lucky to get saved by the turn and the river several times.

He kept playing like that even as chip leader and it was obvious he was bluffing, kept playing extremely predictable.
So I just kept it tight and waited for the right oppotunity to strike.

This is his last hand, I'm seat 3 and he seat 2:

2016-11-05.png.8f16b19d22ae0e690ddfac40ef738d7c.png

He played like that all the time, about 10 hands earlier he had most of the chips.

Glad I took him out at 3rd place, think I did him a favour, playing like that shouldn't give you any money.

I can understand it at the beginning of a SNG to become chip leader, but after that it's just stupid.
I think seat 1 was happy with 2nd place.

• Like 1
The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver

Okay, so you basically waited for that opportunity by calling all his raises pre and folding flop if you didn't hit two pair?  Well played  :D Sorry. 

Good job spotting that he was being predictable, but I have to say poker is the sort of game where agression is often rewarded, and I feel a lot of people on the forum believe you can't (or "don't deserve to" win if your card dead or something but I feel that's not true at all. 

• Like 2

@taft wrote:

Okay, so you basically waited for that opportunity by calling all his raises pre and folding flop if you didn't hit two pair?  Well played @PokerAndBetting :D Sorry. 

Good job spotting that he was being predictable, but I have to say poker is the sort of game where agression is often rewarded, and I feel a lot of people on the forum believe you can't (or "don't deserve to" win if your card dead or something but I feel that's not true at all. 

I understand you point but that was just one hand. I bluff too, you can't depend on luck.

He maybe folded two or three hands preflop in the whole session, probably just random since he raised on cards like this when we already has seen his crazy bluffs several times. He would have easily won if he changed his strategy a little when he had most of the chips.

I think there's a difference between aggressive and stupid. 😃

In my 5 last 5-seat SNGs I got 3 wins and 2 second places so I must atleast do something right.

• Like 1
-Eldridge Cleaver

I'm sure you do, and adjusting is a big part of the game obviously and you are right in basically every way, sorry for picking on your hand, I was salty over other stuff elsewhere and took it out on you I'm afraid. I totally agree with you and furthermore, I think you took my random burst of undeserved critisism very well and now I'm a bit embarrassed. :D No hard feelings.

• Like 1

@taft wrote:

I'm sure you do, and adjusting is a big part of the game obviously and you are right in basically every way, sorry for picking on your hand, I was salty over other stuff elsewhere and took it out on you I'm afraid. I totally agree with you and furthermore, I think you took my random burst of undeserved critisism very well and now I'm a bit embarrassed. :D No hard feelings.

Wow, thanks for being a nice guy, no hard feelings from my part either. 👍

I think that fights starts from missunderstanding so I try to objective and have an open mind.

But about my playing style, I have a lot to learn from more agressive players, and i'm slowly learning.

Been away from poker for at least 7-8 yeats so i take it slow. Still lack the concetration to last for a tournament.

• Like 2
-Eldridge Cleaver

Its very nice feeling to start the day with a royal flush, but when nobody wanna put any chips on the middle, even i didnt raise preflop and after the flop... thats just sad. I felt the guy just marked the fold to any bet option, he acted so fast. Later i always miss to hit the flop, and when i dont (AK - flop A85), bro next to me invite me for an allin party after the turn which is 4. Got A2, river is 3. It started so beautifully... :waterfall: 😞 😃

• Like 5

from what you wrote it means that good poker players should play at Unibet as there are many weak players... you can't win often with this kind of trash hands; just don't go on tilt when it happens to lose like that and lose your bankroll 

good luct at the tables :D

• Like 3
You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

@BillyR23 wrote:

@SCOBY from what you wrote it means that good poker players should play at Unibet as there are many weak players... you can't win often with this kind of trash hands; just don't go on tilt when it happens to lose like that and lose your bankroll 

good luct at the tables :D

@BillyR23 really what it should be, but I do not know what happens in June because I only lose at all tables, and tell you that game for some time on this site just prior to change the format and I've had enough withdrawals, but something changed in June, losing only good hands against (vs) bad hands .I think I should be disappointed me Anyway good luck to all of these things, but I really have to think and other games.

Sory for bad english and success !!!  

• Like 1

I criticize what I don't like"!!!

Just finished 6th in Sam Grafton (phantom5) freeroll and man im dissapointed :teardrop:. Was a chip leader and then surprise, suprise all i've got is Q2,k3,25, and virtually almost every combination with 2. I lost with two shortstacks with those and then magic happend and i've got 1010 on SB. No one cheks so i jam and BB checks and its 1010<AK and last hand J9<KJ and i had 9 on the flop then magic river with K. Was lucky earlier with AQ>AK but still podium was at the fingertips. 

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist