The poker chit chat

JeppeL

If there is ever a mod reading in here or if anyone else knows: 

What are the requirements for the €1000 Exclusive Freeroll Sunday? I received a ticket (Special Flip Ticket) for the past 3-4 weeks or so and just wondering. It's an All-In flip tournament so no skills required so ideal for me :Veryhappy: but not won anything yet so far sadly enough. Is an entry based on rake / points gained / money lost? lol.

• Like 1

@FreedoM 

Unfortunately, I think he is right. SNGs are basically solved, hence no edge from a certain limit onwards, very reg infested and barely run on any other site than party poker. The only reason they run there is because they pump massive amounts of money into the industry by paying regs to pay (>100% rakeback), but it´s a bubble that´s inevitably going to burst. The current promotion here on Unibet quite clearly shows that such efforts, while getting the games to run, make winrates incredibly small and grinding rather undesirable.

• Like 1

@FreedoM you've got me agreeing with Jonathan Little damn you .  If you aspire to be an elite level player, you shouldn't go near sng because the ceiling is very low due to limited higher stakes. But reality is >99 % have no shot at reaching anywhere near that level. A more realistic aim is for casual players to make a small profit at low stakes and for that I'd recommend mtt first as being most beatable and likely to be around for a while, then cash/sng/spin all of which can be beatable for the better players but future sadly doesn't look great for these game types.  

• Like 2

For everyone, you know, it's hard to get to the level of live games, ...., in live card games it happens 30 to%, to win with, the cards received what here about 0.01 ,. it happens.😃

I criticize what I don't like"!!!

To be honest I thought that sngs have been more or less solved for a few years with Moshman and Nash equilibrium and all that. The majority opinion seems you'll only go so high in stakes then it's more or less break even, so not something that a career can be made out of. The HU is the same and according to some online poker could go the way of chess and be virtually solved, maybe not for a few years yet though. It's going to be trickier to stop these real time solvers, some players already getting banned for apparently playing too perfect a strategy. :teardrop:

• Like 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@FreedoM 

I'm going to disagree slightly. First of all it depends on the SNG format. For example I have noticed that HU SNGs up to the 50€ level at least are beatable for sure, and not for a tiny amount either. I would argue that HU SNGs (up to 50€ stakes at least) are almost more beatable (if you play well enough) than many other formats, because you can use reads more effectively, and there's still enough of recs and bad regs in the pool (I played some HU SNG today :D). Of course against other good regs the winrate won't be great or you might be losing against rake. And bots are a growing threat for this format unfortunately.

As for the 5 mans, I think the regs tend to be worst at deepstacked postflop (edit: and also in HU), especially since many are volume grinders and don't have much time for tough decisions. So being aggro early and getting a big stack to then hopefully apply pressure on the bubble seems somewhat effective. And also the game is so complex with ICM and changing stacks that preflop around 20 BB might be a situation where more edge can be gained by implementing a more complex preflop strategy (not sure how significant this is). But probably MTTs are much better value with more recs in the pool. Anyway, I'm not an expert on the 5 mans so you should probably not take my opinion as very credible for this format.

It's one thing for a game type to be "solved" and something else entirely for humans to implement this solved strategy. Cash games have also to some extent been "solved" by solvers yet you can play them for good winrates if you are good enough.

• Like 2

Screenshot_2020-10-24-22-37-08-627_pad_com.unibet.poker.thumb.jpg.98598f9e0f45efd2a8bfaa8456e1243d.jpg

I said it's a coincidence, but it seems that already these hands won by some players are starting to be ua scale oe this software.I think it will be among the last hands that I will play on this software.Much success to all.:Veryangry:

I criticize what I don't like"!!!

@Pesek wrote:

How to complete a challenge reach a flop contains two cards 7 of higher? I had AA on the flop, another time JJ and nothing. Is it means only 77 88 99 1010 pairs are suitable for this challenge?

@Pesek 

Can't remember for sure but I think there's a major challenge where you have to flop two or more 7's.

Could this be that one?... maybe the polish translation is a bit off?

• Like 2

i had one

reach flop wit J or higher and other card is 2.....

i thought/read that my hand had to be this kind....

after 5 times playing this funky hand i understand that flop have to be this kind....

there r possibilities to misread

• Like 1
If u want a chop u do not get it....
If u do not want chop u get it...

I don't know who is translating those missions and challenges to Polish. For the november second mission there is English "Be allin in any Banzai cash game at any point". In Polish there is like "Be allin in any Banzai". I played poker on unibet only from time to time so i don't know what should i do. Maybe i have to stay in English version to understand it better than in my native language... Anyway first i thought i have to play hexapro banzai and go allin. I did it and nothing happened. Second thought was to look for the banzai tournament. I played allin there and still nothing. So when i read mission in original language i played cash game and went allin but mission is not cleared still 🤣 Now i am confused. Please help poker pros. 

@Pesek wrote:

I don't know who is translating those missions and challenges to Polish. For the november second mission there is English "Be allin in any Banzai cash game at any point". In Polish there is like "Be allin in any Banzai". I played poker on unibet only from time to time so i don't know what should i do. Maybe i have to stay in English version to understand it better than in my native language... Anyway first i thought i have to play hexapro banzai and go allin. I did it and nothing happened. Second thought was to look for the banzai tournament. I played allin there and still nothing. So when i read mission in original language i played cash game and went allin but mission is not cleared still 🤣 Now i am confused. Please help poker pros. 

Alright. Things are rigged, You, and everyone, to the 4€ fields now, ayeh?