The poker chit chat

JeppeL

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

No one stole any money. A player willingly transfered money to another player. For all we know, there's no signed contract between them - or in fact, for all we know, all this could be made up.

Of course it's not okay to steal money from someone else. I have already said what needs to said, in regards to the second part of your post.

Did i mention stealing? No. Did i mention word that can't be written here? Yes.You can't sell something you don't have, you can't collect money for something and then do with those money whatever you want, both called name that can't be written here.All could be maked up, if it is, good for making it up and making it last 8 years. Must be quite a crudge. But once again, not my business.

In other words, Unibet don't consider anything wrong about it but you don't want to write it here for evidence?

Do you guys even know what staking means ? 

"The term poker staking, or simply staking, refers to the act of putting cash up on behalf of a poker player in the hopes that he or she wins. The person who puts the cash up is the backer."

It's like i borrow you money and you need to pay me back , in this case only if you win and only some percent.

How is Unibet responsible for anything ? They could investigate if there was like a "transfer" method between players (like it was or maybe still is on Stars) but there isn't , so as far as they know this could even be a lie , how would they know ? 

• Like 1

@Livertool, frankly and simply put: nothing about this concerns you even the slightest, and you're not entitled to get any information about a case between two other customers, which even we aren't directly involved in. I honestly don't understand your need to meddle :)

As I've already said, whenever there's reason to, investigations are done - whether it's fraud, money laundering or RG related. If you interpret that as we won't do anything in a particular case, or "Unibet don't consider anything wrong", that's all on you :)

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@Livertool, frankly and simply put: nothing about this concerns you even the slightest, and you're not entitled to get any information about a case between two other customers, which even we aren't directly involved in. I honestly don't understand your need to meddle :)

As I've already said, whenever there's reason to, investigations are done - whether it's fraud, money laundering or RG related. If you interpret that as we won't do anything in a particular case, or "Unibet don't consider anything wrong", that's all on you :)

I guess it concerns all customers so they can choose what site they use. Is it "we accept every dime that is deposited, no matter where it comes from" or we actually do as we preach and are up for rg and against money laundry ;)

I'm sorry but i didn't spot where you said that before. It really should be really easy answer though, we don't accept money from scams, frauds etc. That is why we do sows sometimes to see player really can afford to play and that money is legit.

@KenTouchMe wrote:

"The term poker staking, or simply staking, refers to the act of putting cash up on behalf of a poker player in the hopes that he or she wins. The person who puts the cash up is the backer."

It's like i borrow you money and you need to pay me back , in this case only if you win and only some percent.

How is Unibet responsible for anything ? They could investigate if there was like a "transfer" method between players (like it was or maybe still is on Stars) but there isn't , so as far as they know this could even be a lie , how would they know ? 

Did you read those 2+2 threads?

If they are actually true and he was high rolling on different games that he was suppose to while he said he can't afford to pay back. Or my personal favourite of victimising himself something like" bank loan interests are so high that he must pay them first and will pay as soon as he can afford" 🤣

@Livertool, on a principal level, to some extent. Based on a specific customer case, never :)

The discussions should really be kept separate.

No, of course we don't accept any amount from any player, regardless of the source of funds. This is also why I said that this angle will of course be investigated :)

Investigating the "scammed" part is just a completely different discussion. This is what OP was about and what the entire discussion has been focused around :)

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

If they are actually true and he was high rolling on different games that he was suppose to while he said he can't afford to pay back. Or my personal favourite of victimising himself something like" bank loan interests are so high that he must pay them first and will pay as soon as he can afford" 🤣

I did not read them , the term "staking" is enough. If that guy doesn't respect his promise or anything like that , the backer just did a bad investment. That's all that it is. If i borrow you money for whatever reason and you dont pay back will i call the bank to solve my bad investment ? 

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@Livertool, on a principal level, to some extent. Based on a specific customer case, never :)

The discussions should really be kept separate.

No, of course we don't accept any amount from any player, regardless of the source of funds. This is also why I said that this angle will of course be investigated :)

Investigating the "scammed" part is just a completely different discussion. This is what OP was about and what the entire discussion has been focused around :)

Totally agree, that is why i said multiple times that this case is none of my biz.

What is going on with those to is more police matter, if it is true, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't do anything in terms if you find out that there is some sort of ❤️♥️❤️ going on. So good if you are actually doing something, that was all i was asking i say no more. And if he is falsely accused, should be very easy to proof otherwise and shove it to accusers face :D 

@KenTouchMe wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

I did not read them , the term "staking" is enough. If that guy doesn't respect his promise or anything like that , the backer just did a bad investment. That's all that it is. If i borrow you money for whatever reason and you dont pay back will i call the bank to solve my bad investment ? 

No, you go to police if amount is big enough, you can prove it and you can't settle otherwise. If bank loans you money and you don't pay back, they just go:damn it, another bad investment? 🤣

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

No, you go to police if amount is big enough, you can prove it and you can't settle otherwise. If bank loans you money and you don't pay back, they just go:damn it, another bad investment? 🤣

1. Banks have contracts 

2. He should go to the police then 

• Like 1

@KenTouchMe wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

1. Banks have contracts 

2. He should go to the police then 

I assume that everyone has, especially when you are backing up strangers.

He is trying to get money from other route if story is true.

Next time, before you comment, read story that you know what is going on and don't comment just for one word ;)

I will comment until tomorrow if needed because is 101% clear that Unibet even if they want they can't do anything about the situation. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions , but when everybody is telling you that your opinion is not even close you should reconsider , take it as an advice it may help you in the future. 

• Like 3

this tournament looks interesting so for getting this ticket you just need to talk about your experience on poker tournaments 😏

I have one thing to say its hard to beat queens and losing with a low straight is really what are the chances  you think than:haha:.... been there done that 🆒

I lose most of the time with QQ just on somebody got the higher card I really should fold my QQ when I see them dropping every time i die :haha:

@P0kerM0nk not at the company laptop right now, but I believe there are 5 payouts. They increase in size on the first is €10 or something like that. If you want to get the exact details, I'll post them tomorrow :)

Is it the welcome offer or bonus shop one?

@Boby K8 hand seems legit, TP + flush draw + Blackfoot straight draw. 85s... flush draw so sh!t happens.

@Stubbe-Unibet The bonus shop one, I was just thinking that working through a big bonus I sometimes wish I had the option to just play through it and then get the full amount released at the end. When it trickles back into your account whilst playing it doesn't feel like I'm getting much of a bonus as poker can be swingy anyway. I know it's good to release in segments as some might not play that much to get it all released? But if I know I will it would be nicer to get the full amount at once as it feels more like a bonus to me. Not sure if that makes sense. 

@P0kerM0nk wrote:

@Boby K8 hand seems legit, TP + flush draw + Blackfoot straight draw. 85s... flush draw so sh!t happens.

@Stubbe-Unibet The bonus shop one, I was just thinking that working through a big bonus I sometimes wish I had the option to just play through it and then get the full amount released at the end. When it trickles back into your account whilst playing it doesn't feel like I'm getting much of a bonus as poker can be swingy anyway. I know it's good to release in segments as some might not play that much to get it all released? But if I know I will it would be nicer to get the full amount at once as it feels more like a bonus to me. Not sure if that makes sense. 

All the bonus shop bonuses have 5 equal segments, so the 500€ one will have 5x 100€ segments with 90 days expiration on it, if after 90 days you didn't manage to release some of those segments you lose them, so only buy a bonus this big if you know you can generate that much rake (2500€ in rake, which for mtts would be more than 25k turnover, hexapro more than 36k, and sng more than 50k, over the span of 90 days)

• Like 2

Blackfoot = backdoor 🤣 wth autocorrect lol

@FeelsBadMan 

Thanks that makes sense, never really noticed it's 5 equal segments so that's not too chabby then. About rake, I rake about 1k a month so guess that's ok, not sure about the expiration date, doesn't it stay active as long as you play? Again not too sure as haven't paid that much attention to it before and never bought a play through bonus before either.