cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rank 14
Rank 14

Do you guys even know what staking means ? 

"The term poker staking, or simply staking, refers to the act of putting cash up on behalf of a poker player in the hopes that he or she wins. The person who puts the cash up is the backer."

It's like i borrow you money and you need to pay me back , in this case only if you win and only some percent.

How is Unibet responsible for anything ? They could investigate if there was like a "transfer" method between players (like it was or maybe still is on Stars) but there isn't , so as far as they know this could even be a lie , how would they know ? 

Highlighted
Unibet Poker Expert
Unibet Poker Expert
@Livertool, frankly and simply put: nothing about this concerns you even the slightest, and you're not entitled to get any information about a case between two other customers, which even we aren't directly involved in. I honestly don't understand your need to meddle Smile
As I've already said, whenever there's reason to, investigations are done - whether it's fraud, money laundering or RG related. If you interpret that as we won't do anything in a particular case, or "Unibet don't consider anything wrong", that's all on you Smile
Highlighted
Rank 25
Rank 25

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:
@Livertool, frankly and simply put: nothing about this concerns you even the slightest, and you're not entitled to get any information about a case between two other customers, which even we aren't directly involved in. I honestly don't understand your need to meddle Smile
As I've already said, whenever there's reason to, investigations are done - whether it's fraud, money laundering or RG related. If you interpret that as we won't do anything in a particular case, or "Unibet don't consider anything wrong", that's all on you Smile

I guess it concerns all customers so they can choose what site they use. Is it "we accept every dime that is deposited, no matter where it comes from" or we actually do as we preach and are up for rg and against money laundry Wink

I'm sorry but i didn't spot where you said that before. It really should be really easy answer though, we don't accept money from scams, frauds etc. That is why we do sows sometimes to see player really can afford to play and that money is legit.

To bet or not to bet, that is the question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 25
Rank 25

@KenTouchMe wrote:

"The term poker staking, or simply staking, refers to the act of putting cash up on behalf of a poker player in the hopes that he or she wins. The person who puts the cash up is the backer."

It's like i borrow you money and you need to pay me back , in this case only if you win and only some percent.

How is Unibet responsible for anything ? They could investigate if there was like a "transfer" method between players (like it was or maybe still is on Stars) but there isn't , so as far as they know this could even be a lie , how would they know ? 

Did you read those 2+2 threads?

If they are actually true and he was high rolling on different games that he was suppose to while he said he can't afford to pay back. Or my personal favourite of victimising himself something like" bank loan interests are so high that he must pay them first and will pay as soon as he can afford" Rofl

0 Likes
Highlighted
Unibet Poker Expert
Unibet Poker Expert
@Livertool, on a principal level, to some extent. Based on a specific customer case, never Smile
The discussions should really be kept separate.

No, of course we don't accept any amount from any player, regardless of the source of funds. This is also why I said that this angle will of course be investigated Smile
Investigating the "scammed" part is just a completely different discussion. This is what OP was about and what the entire discussion has been focused around Smile
0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 14
Rank 14

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

If they are actually true and he was high rolling on different games that he was suppose to while he said he can't afford to pay back. Or my personal favourite of victimising himself something like" bank loan interests are so high that he must pay them first and will pay as soon as he can afford" Rofl

I did not read them , the term "staking" is enough. If that guy doesn't respect his promise or anything like that , the backer just did a bad investment. That's all that it is. If i borrow you money for whatever reason and you dont pay back will i call the bank to solve my bad investment ? 

Highlighted
Rank 25
Rank 25

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:
@Livertool, on a principal level, to some extent. Based on a specific customer case, never Smile
The discussions should really be kept separate.

No, of course we don't accept any amount from any player, regardless of the source of funds. This is also why I said that this angle will of course be investigated Smile
Investigating the "scammed" part is just a completely different discussion. This is what OP was about and what the entire discussion has been focused around Smile

Totally agree, that is why i said multiple times that this case is none of my biz.

What is going on with those to is more police matter, if it is true, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't do anything in terms if you find out that there is some sort of HeartHeartsHeart going on. So good if you are actually doing something, that was all i was asking i say no more. And if he is falsely accused, should be very easy to proof otherwise and shove it to accusers face Very Happy 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 25
Rank 25

@KenTouchMe wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

I did not read them , the term "staking" is enough. If that guy doesn't respect his promise or anything like that , the backer just did a bad investment. That's all that it is. If i borrow you money for whatever reason and you dont pay back will i call the bank to solve my bad investment ? 

No, you go to police if amount is big enough, you can prove it and you can't settle otherwise. If bank loans you money and you don't pay back, they just go:damn it, another bad investment? Rofl

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 14
Rank 14

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

No, you go to police if amount is big enough, you can prove it and you can't settle otherwise. If bank loans you money and you don't pay back, they just go:damn it, another bad investment? Rofl

1. Banks have contracts 

2. He should go to the police then 

Highlighted
Rank 25
Rank 25

@KenTouchMe wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

@KenTouchMe wrote:

1. Banks have contracts 

2. He should go to the police then 

I assume that everyone has, especially when you are backing up strangers.

He is trying to get money from other route if story is true.

Next time, before you comment, read story that you know what is going on and don't comment just for one word Wink

0 Likes