The poker chit chat

JeppeL

@Brocky wrote:

Hand looks completely normal from a HU perspective.

Feel to amuse me with reasoning? From point of  willing to sacrifice chips over nothing? Well not nothing, other had flush/straight draw and other chance to hit top pair/high card. After flop it was "just"  17k chips in the middle, around 1/4 of stack so why in the world would you gamble with that? 

I'm only a mid-stakes grinder, these guys are high stakes crushers so the following is only my opinion.

50bb effective stacks, opening KJo seems completely standard, as does 3 betting 53s.  At this stack depth you want to be balancing your 3b range because having purely monsters, especially at this buyin level, will be exploited for fun.  A 3b NAI range here will (or should imo) look something like 88+, A9+, KJs+, with some suited connecting hands at medium frequency and suited non-connecting hands (J4s, Q3s) at a lower frequency.  The flop is much better for the 3 bettor than the button as he is uncapped here with the button likely 4 bet shoving AJ-AK/99+ and given the texture, where the button is often going to miss, a ~22% PSB as a c-bet is more than sufficient.  The issue for the bb is that the button will know all of this and the smaller sizing makes it easier to float with some hands that have showdown value, such as Kx or some hands with decent backdoor equity, such as 97hh, JTss etc.  

The turn card is perfect from the BBs perspective.  If you're going to 3b 53ss pre and c-bet the AA8r then the 2s/4s are the cards you're praying for.  It gives him great equity to barrel and any decent HU player will size up here with almost all of their range in order to 1) Get stacks in by the river should he be at the top of his range and 2) To give off the impression he's doing #1 when he's not at the top of his range.  When the BB barrels 80% pot on the turn, this is where the button effectively decides to call down with K high.  Ax, while not impossible, isn't massively likely given the two aces on the board and the question then posed is does the BB barrel this large with 99-KK?  If not, then the BB is polarised to completely nutted Ax+ hands where the button is drawing dead along with some hands with good equity (spades/54/53/43) as well as some completely pure bluffs (QT).  I can't speak for the BB as I don't know him but I would imagine in that spot, I'd likely only look for 2 streets of value with 99-KK, meaning I would bet the turn with the more vulnerable pairs (TT/JJ) and probably check turn with QQ/KK, opting for value on the river instead.  Back to the original point though, if the button believes the BB is capable of being light here, which the streamer mentions himself that he is, then the call with KJ is almost no different to calling with K8, for the button's nut two-pair.  He's either pretty much drawing dead or ahead.  

Complete brick river.  At this point it's no longer "sarcifice chips over nothing" as you talk about, you're risking what you have left because if you check your 5 high then you have 0 chance of winning the 65m chip pot.  If you're going to take a high variance line and 3b/bet/bet with 53ss here, then shoving the river is completely standard.  If this happens in a $1 MTT then likely nobody talks about it but ultimately whatever the BI, the logic behind the hand should be the same.  Similarly with the KJ, if you're going to call that turn card, then this river is one of the best in the deck to call down with.  It would probably be worse to fold river than call if you're going to call turn given the board run out.  It's a very sick call given what's at stake but you're just looking at the hands individually with no understanding of why either of them are doing what they're doing.  Each street should be looked at individually and assessed at current pot odds, not just looked at as sacrificing X chips with 5 high.  He's betting the turn because there's 26m of dead money and he's betting the river because there's 65m of dead money.  There is a lot of incentive to continue the bluff here.  For the BB, it doesn't matter whether he has quads or 6 high; if you're making the correct call to double up then it's not a gamble.

• Like 3

@psrquack wrote:

@Whoever wrote:

@psrquack  that jackpotfreeroll tournament went quite well for you right ... 😏

The correct form is quite well for us both.🤣 Well played Sir, next stage was €10 ticket, so you have to gain more chips to reach it. Did you win it?

I didn't care for win. FT was my primary target cause there 2 final tables in 5 days mean that you are eligble for some prize. And i did just that 🆒

@Brocky wrote:

The turn card is perfect from the BBs perspective.  If you're going to 3b 53ss pre and c-bet the AA8r then the 2s/4s are the cards you're praying for. 

Whole lot of assumptions and ifs. I could justify why i should mr world too but doesn't make it true. Yeah, these are cards that they are praying for and therefor we see lot of moaning around web when they hit em :laugh:

What if i ask this way: if you see that flop with either of them holecards and preflop action, how many times out of hundred would you gamble them? And how many times you think you will win?

@Livertool  Man both pabritz and Alexgirs play $500+ games for over a decade, and from what i know pabritz has a background in Hyper HU-SNGs, so regardless of what you think about the hand there is a reason why they are playing those stakes and we are not. 😉

• Like 1

@FreedoM wrote:

@Livertool  Man both pabritz and Alexgirs play $500+ games for over a decade, and from what i know pabritz has a background in Hyper HU-SNGs, so regardless of what you think about the hand there is a reason why they are playing those stakes and we are not. 😉

Oukki. It was only one hand but wouldn't mind going for heads up after seeing that. Boom, i would have got A8 and fishy going for str8t flush and failed. Stream that you "pro"

giphy.gif.cfd9cf8298fd3169254d063b8e7f65b9.gif

It's not a gamble though, poker is about playing ranges vs ranges.  The 3 bettor's range is stronger and uncapped, therefore he will win more long term by being aggressive here whereas the button struggles to represent any strength.  

There's also a difference between barrelling a card that increased your equity massively and just calling to hit a gutshot, the latter being a likely complaint in the 'rigged' thread.  If the turn is the Tc then the BB may not barrel.  These players don't play at the highest of stakes because they're bad, they will know more about theory, board textures and ranges than you or I ever will.  The question you should ask yourself is not "Why are these players gambling it up so much?" but "Why are they doing what they are and what can I learn from this?"

• Like 2

@Brocky wrote:

These players don't play at the highest of stakes because they're bad, they will know more about theory, board textures and ranges than you or I ever will.

Dunno if they are good or bad (@freedom was kind enough to give some information)and they probly know more about things you mentioned but that hand in question, was just REALLY bad playing, no way around it imo. And then he goes omg at twitter. Omg that he does that 😏

Still know that i could take either one of them. And when i'd do that, would you then consider me better player and trust what i am saying? 🆒

- hope you will find a good use on your well-deserved tickiets ... 👍

Thanks. I hoped all of us could win a ticket, but hits happened.:teardrop: My call wasn't easy at all, i was thinking about the fold, because I expected your range within mid pairs to absolute strong hands. If we would closer to the ticket (2-3) then i would fold for sure. Other thing was you didn't go allin, but made a standard 3 BB raise. I know that should be a scare move, but psychichally was easier to call/reraise on my side, because stack was lower. Long story short, sorry for this and gl to you in the future.

• Like 1