The poker chit chat

JeppeL

@Livertool wrote:

@Purps 

Any idea what was the deal with that hand for hand which started when everyone was in the money yet ended before there was any bigger price ? :D

That was the final table bubble, but it only triggers for one hand after the 10th place finisher has busted. I tried to question the point of having that and several other things caused by it, but Stubbe didn't show any interest.

GG btw.... just busted. Bad call with them 8's few hands back 😞

• Like 1

What do you think guys, KJo is enough to call if both enemy went allin in the first round of the HexaPro? Multiplier was 3x, buyin 1. One of them had low pair other Ax. I called and had clear outs, but busted. I think I was lucky enough not facing to any mid pair/monster, so playing against a double stack seems a better alternative as calling in the first hand.

Well first of all folding is the only bad thing to do. Just flatting with AK is a pretty weak play in a game without ICM so raise is the button to click. Generally we should pick a size where we can also bluff. Just jamming really doesn't accomplish this. However as an exploit against 3,2bb opensize and sitting-out player 3bet-jamming makes some sense. My preference still is to 3bet to 9bbs and go from there 😃

• Like 2

I don't like flatting. The hand is just too strong but misses a lot of flops and then you would have to play out of position. And villain raised to 3x so at 26 BB against a 3x it's quite profitable to raise or even go all in with a wider range becuase of the amount of dead money (this is only true if villain does not tighten their raising range for this size compared to if they were minraising). I think with AKo specifically either 3betting or jamming is probably good, I would guess it's pretty close. Generally the better playability that the hand has the more incentive there is to 3bet and hands that have stong equity and bad playability are more incentivized to jam to skip postflop play.

I have sometimes seen fish at Hexas who use a bigger preflop raise sizing with very nuttish hands only so you sometimes you gotta be careful (not with AK specifically but in general) 🤣

• Like 2

@FreedoM 

jamming is definitely the standard play here. Flatting would be a mistake for sure. The only other option is a NAI 3bet.

However, AKo is difficult to play on a flop out of position. I would much rather have something like AKs or a premium pocket for this. 

But with a sitout shortie I prefer to just avoid any tricky spots and play strictly shove or fold to a minraise. Keep it simple and avoid mistakes.

Edit: Just realized he 3xed not minraised. Still doesn´t change anything though

• Like 1