The poker chit chat

JeppeL

Was running really hot today lol. 52€ of net profits in 4 tables of 4 NL in about 4 hours. My stack on one table reached about 28€ at one point and at one point I had 3 stacks over 20€ with the fourth at about 15€. That's 4 hours averaging at 90 BB/100 assuming 90 hands per hour per table (if I counted correctly). I guess I gotta enjoy it while it lasts...The picture is blurry but maybe you get the idea :p

IMG-20191129-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.ac2f771da9f668f79e45a4b8865254b3.jpeg

• Like 3

@CuteRaven wrote:

@FreedoM Thank you! I was actually using the in browser version in Linux mint, and on Linux mint there is a built in screenshot program that I probably should have used. Or maybe I'll try Gyazo. Anyway better than using the phone camera :P

I have a couple of questions:

- How did you make Unibet to run on Linux?

- Does it work properly or do you experience problems?

:happyshy:

@FreedoM I just used the instant play option in my browser

So if you go to unibet.com, click poker and click "instant play" (or something like that) you will get there.

It works fine and is quite stable. It's very rare that it freezes and you need to reopen the website (most sessions of 3-4 hours it never freezes) but it has happened in the past a few times.

• Like 1

@CuteRaven wrote:

@FreedoM I just used the instant play option in my browser

So if you go to unibet.com, click poker and click "instant play" (or something like that) you will get there.

It works fine and is quite stable. It's very rare that it freezes and you need to reopen the website (most sessions of 3-4 hours it never freezes) but it has happened in the past a few times.

Great to hear that its stable. I wanted to buy a gaming PC with my poker winnings but life is full of surprises and might need to postpone gaming for a year or two and go for a laptop witch is better for traveling, has far as i know there aren't that many viruses for Linux and the OS is free, so that's extra 250eu saved with no windows and Antivirus also the specs don't need to be that high when you only use it for browsing, some movies and poker. Maybe a strong battery. I don't know if this is your field, i'm just making asumptions becouse you use linux and drop questions. Do you have any recommendation's? :happyshy:

• Like 1

@FreedoM I'm a Finnish student and I play poker on the same laptop that I study with. It's a Lenovo ideapad 330s but something with much lower specs will work too for poker and linux (I checked that my computer is using about 600 MB of memory on idle and 1.6-2.0 GB and 8% of CPU with the unibet website and poker client open)

Yeah Linux has less viruses because it has fewer users (it's less of a target) and on average users are more computer savvy. I like Linux because generally it is pretty fast on even low specs and more intuitive once you get used to it in my opinion (also better for privacy and viruses). But there are less programs for Linux, usually not a problem imo except for some games (e.g most poker sites) and really niche use cases (but someone might disagree with me). Yeah Linux distros are free and open source and the Linux mint distro is easy to install and pretty stable, but there are other good distros too. In the end someone else might have good reasons for preferring Windows so ultimately it's a matter of preference and everyone likes what they like.

I'm not a computer expert so someone else might be able to give an even more informed anwser or recommend a computer model :D

• Like 2

I was taking shots today at 10 NL. I ended down about 2 and a half buyins at the end of the four hour session (playing 4 tables) but I was down a lot more at one point (about 5-6 buyins).

Anyway it was pretty fun, with a lot of action, and here is my favorite hand from the session (that I won of course, why else would it be my favorite :p):

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/9789039

Some context for the hand: Louise05 was a very loose agressive player. At any given point they were more likely to be bluffing than value betting when betting big imo. They had 4 bet jammed ATo twice against a 3 bet for over 100 BB preflop (once when I had AA and won). I had seen Louise double and tripple barrel bluff for big pots. In addition once I saw Louise05 trap a full house out of position for multiple streets against me (flop check call, turn and river check-check).

Preflop: Because of the small 3 bet I thought Louise had a slightly stronger preflop range than normally, and a range that was pretty broadway card heavy. I think my call is pretty normal

Flop: I have bottom pair on a slightly wet board. Given Louises perceived broadway heavyness and extreme looseness I'm happy to call.

Turn: The 4 is pretty much a blank imo. Louise bets again. At this point I think Louise could have some hands like AT, KTs,TT, 99, 77 and overpairs for value. Louise could almost have any hand that they had preflop as a bluff here too some (a lot) of the time (AK,AQ,AJ,KQ,A8s,KJs,88 etc.). I decide to call the turn because of this, which is quite loose but might be ok in this situation.

River: The river brings 4 to a straight. Louise pretty quickly bets most of their stack for about 3/4 of the pot. I go all in and Louise folds. Louises bet was pretty interesting because of the quick timing and the fact that a lot of hands won't be so happy to bet here (at least not so quickly). I thought it was pretty likely that Louise was bluffing because of everything discussed so far so I went all in. I was a bit worried that my bluff would have no fold equity and Louise would decide to call anyway with a bluff that happened to have a better hand strength (Like A9). Or that Louise had bet instantly with something like a set not thinking about the 4 to a straight and would just call their hand off. Luckily for me Louise folds and I win a big pot. Louise needs to fold 38% of the time for the bluff to brak even (based on redchips fold equity calculator with an estimated 0% equity when called) which sounds like enough for sure. I didn't have time to do such a deep analysis at the time of course because I was 4 tabling but these are the rough reasons for my play. It might be a really bad play but it was fun to make anyway :P

• Like 2

@Leo-Unibet Hey man, i find myself in a bit of a pinch with the 500eu Betting Freeroll, so i bet yesterday evening and got 1 ticket after the Freeroll ran and now i bet again and i got another ticket, but they have 6 day life span and with the registration for the freeroll opening 1hr pre start its just not working, one of them will expire before i get to use it, its possible to make it like the double trouble 1 day open reg or make the life span of the tickets 9 days? Curios what everyone else thinks of this. :happyshy:

• Like 3

@FreedoM wrote:

@Leo-Unibet Hey man, i find myself in a bit of a pinch with the 500eu Betting Freeroll, so i bet yesterday evening and got 1 ticket after the Freeroll ran and now i bet again and i got another ticket, but they have 6 day life span and with the registration for the freeroll opening 1hr pre start its just not working, one of them will expire before i get to use it, its possible to make it like the double trouble 1 day open reg or make the life span of the tickets 9 days? Curios what everyone else thinks of this. :happyshy:

Hello @FreedoM  , I have changed the registration time on betting freerolls so players can register for a longer time pre start. Your tickets are also extended so you have enough time to use them  

• Like 3

@Leo-Unibet wrote:

@FreedoM wrote:

Hello @FreedoM  , I have changed the registration time on betting freerolls so players can register for a longer time pre start. Your tickets are also extended so you have enough time to use them  

Thank You! :lovekiss: