The poker chit chat

JeppeL

@jerry Don't quote me on this but the UK were always slow starting and playing 0.20 for UK €1 seemed to get them moving but the UO €1 are already very popular so they don't seem to need a boost. I'd personally like to see both follow the same path in buy ins and steps up but they are two quite different tourneys it seems. :geek:

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R There is one for UK one why not one for UO? All im sayin with exchanger they will be running all the time just like UK ones now.

My cash session today

AA<AK CHECK

two times even, first pre with two K in second time allin on turn no biggie, 2nd one i was thinking so hard whether im behind there why fookin bother if magic river is waiting :geek:.....the funniest thing one of two Kings would gave me a flush, so one outer 😀 👍

AA<AA CHECK

unlucky, but i dont really remember being on the other side of things here....and its always losing session and you lose something like this....to piss you more 😏

set vs set CHECK

i dont mind being behind on flop or turn, but when you go allin on turn and villain completes bigger set on river then im pretty cooked

broken flushes CHECK

i came along about 20 of those probably and was hitting them very good but not one without paired board and not many paid....two times with top flush there was two pairs on board....once i paid, cause villain 4bets me with 48 :wonder:.....also i paid with Khighflush straight flush not much, cause of paired board and all but still got me rollin mad

cherry on top

Its always those losing sessions bring those dont they

set of KK on board K59 after donkbet i got allin on my face....villain shows A9 :speechless:...standard turn with 9 im like whooooah noooooooo

aaaaand GAME FOOKIN OVER with another 9....gg :waterfall:

we have been both on deep i had like 2,8BB and he had more than 3...bingo players rules on UNIBET :popeye:

looking forward to double trouble :puking:  

btw: would love them to be paid for 200 people with 20e then you could more or less count on some winnings there but with 100 people paid in fast/shallow mtt you need to be lucky :jazzhands:

• Like 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Hi @jerry I'm sure exchangers would run for the UO €1 to 0.20 but my point is that the UO €1 run anyway so UB don't really need to encourage them, by providing lower satties to them, it was done for the UK's because often they didn't run, especially the morning and early afternoon ones, now they start regularly. 🤣

I get what you mean with the cash sessions, mine never seem to run smoothly, just when you get a hand and think "This time" there's always something to mess it up.

Last week in the Double Trouble I was 32nd with only 111 left and you think you're fairly safe, but as you say when they're so shallow it was a struggle to cash, I did with 1 1/2 bb's left.:wow: Good Luck anyway, I'll be there tomorrow. 👍

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Finally :cash: After 6 or more busts.

Przechwytywanie444.JPG.8d88bad9d6367a986438b8cd5de91d9c.JPG

Scoreboard again broken and with shallow stacks it was a pain to track this down. Won mainly thx to two stackoffs. One i limped AA and i get allin from AQ. No heartbreak there and no heartbreak in SB vs me on BB AJ<AQ board was KA810K and somehow i go the idea that its a split so i started to get mad :Happy:

Even if i won here i would gladly play for 20e with 200 paid places :Cheeky::Happyshy: 

• Like 8
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt play poker for a month with few exceptions (e.g. betting freeroll), and started to play the UK and mainly the UO satties again. Terrible start tbh 🤣 But at least i noticed something: is that a new trend now that people calling with air, or low pair, and gets there on the river? Who playing sats @GR1ZZL3R @Nestabear @psrquack ?

• Like 2

@cris1285 wrote:

I didnt play poker for a month with few exceptions (e.g. betting freeroll), and started to play the UK and mainly the UO satties again. Terrible start tbh 🤣 But at least i noticed something: is that a new trend now that people calling with air, or low pair, and gets there on the river? Who playing sats @GR1ZZL3R @Nestabear @psrquack ?

There is something in the air in the previous days, so yeah, something similar happened, fortunately opponent didn't get the requested out, but summer is over/it's holiday session in Europe, so loose calls happens more often.

• Like 1

Hi  @cris1285 

You and @psrquack are right, there is a lot of loose calling and shoving in the early levels, especially in the UO €1. My theory is that a lot of players are winning these tickets in freerolls and promos, they don't really have any intention of grinding up, they just blow their tickets because they are free. If they lose early it hasn't cost them anything, and if they win there are an increasing number of requests to have these tickets exchanged for something else, which in my opinion definitely shouldn't happen. The UK satties are tighter and slower, wether this is because of the tendencies of the playing pool or because these tickets aren't won for free is hard to say, I think probably a bit of both. 

My strategy is purely survival, I may play too tight but so far it's working, in the low levels. In the UO around a third of the field will self destruct fairly quickly and it's quite possible to get a ticket with very few playable hands, so sit tight and pick your spots. Even in the late stages big stacks will self destruct, my record is winning a €1 UO ticket playing 4 hands and having 1.7 bb's at the end. 😃 ( I have gone out in the first level, but some hands just play themselves. :teardrop: ) 

Good luck and run good. 👍

• Like 4

@cris1285 

I was hoping for Malta but I really don't play enough ( or get lucky enough :teardrop:) so Paris is the next target. To be fair I'm enjoying the process and anything won would be a bonus. 👍

I'm also hoping to leave the €1 behind, probably next week. 

Good Luck.

• Like 3

@psrquack wrote:

Farewell guys, for me the €1 it too hard atm. Btw less sharks is always good for me.😃

@psrquack yeah, because of the donks, variance cant help you when you have only 1-2 tickets. So try the €2 ones, those are better IMO. If @RayL and/or @JeppeL agree, i would like to send you 2 x 2UO tickets from my account. Hopefully they can do this favour for us, please. 

• Like 1

I just lost 18euro due to currency fluctuation during the night. I think its the record. Its tilting me always, i know its not suppose to but it is. You lose a little playing and even with not playing too 🤣

Anyone with that high fluctuations?

• Like 1

@jerry wrote:

I just lost 18euro due to currency fluctuation during the night. I think its the record. Its tilting me always, i know its not suppose to but it is. You lose a little playing and even with not playing too 🤣

Anyone with that high fluctuations?

Fortunately my account is too old to open it in Euros, but i was close to chance it to local currency 2 years ago. Glad not to made it.

Btw this is superrake like the €1 loss when you use the €25 UO ticket conversion to €4 ones.

• Like 1

@psrquack

Its really get to me you know. The amout in my currency in sportbook stays the same, but the amount in poker is lately going down. So in poker im playing for free i guess 🤣  SInce i hate seeing that when i open the client its just running all day cause i dont wanna see that freakin fluctuation after every login 😠

It was usually 2/3 euro and then last night its 18euro. DOnt really know how that works cause my currency didnt take as much dip down yesterday. Its goin down but not that much. 

I dont mind that 25eUO rake tbh. Its 250 free challenge points and im happy i can exchange them 👍  I wouldnt mind the rake in other exchangers too as long the odd rest would be paid in real money :cash:

• Like 1

@psrquack  It can certainly be hard when you see your stack going down, but I think you'd be better waiting till you can have a proper run, probably at least 10 tickets. I know it's difficult building from nothing if you only get 2-3 a week, but most tickets last at least 30 days and there's much more peace of mind if you have some backup. I've slowly built up to the point where I can't break down €5 UK or €4 UO, having too many €1, and it does help knowing if I have a poor run at higher levels I can step down one. A nice gesture from @cris1285  I would be willing to chuck in 1 x €2 if possible ( I'm too tight. ) 

@jerry  I hide my balance on the poker tables so it doesn't get to me and only check my main balance every so often but €18 sounds a lot in one day ( unless you've got thousands of whatever in your account :scared: ) There are sites for up to date currency exchanges so it might be worth checking, just in case.

• Like 2

Thanks guys @GR1ZZL3R and @cris1285 your gesture but I think gifting tickets currently isn't allowed, but I really apprecaited this.

As I see I have problems with the late game phase, so now I'm watching videos about this. For example: 8 players left, 8th will get cash, 7th €4 ticket, 1st-6th €25 tickets. I have 6,6K chips, currently 7th position, I will be the BB 2 hands later, blinds are 800/400+some ante. Should I go allin?  My decision was yes (and 2 other called with AQ and finished 7th), but now I think limping would be better option and focusing for winning back the ticket.

Or middle pair on the €4 qualifier, 7 players left, ITM, 6-4 will win the ticket back, 1-3 ticket for the next round. Stack around 5-6. Should I go allin/call the allin? My opinion was yes, because blinds were above 1000 and I needed to double up because I wanted to go for the next round chips. But now I think the risky path is better, I should wait the flop in situations like this.

The second thing is sometimes I felt tired making the right decision. Work+freeroll+€1 satty+€4 satty means make the right decision after 5 hours of intensive poker isn't easy.

• Like 1

@jerry wrote:

@psrquack

Its really get to me you know. The amout in my currency in sportbook stays the same, but the amount in poker is lately going down. So in poker im playing for free i guess 🤣  SInce i hate seeing that when i open the client its just running all day cause i dont wanna see that freakin fluctuation after every login 😠

That could be a very strange feeling and all you can do something against this is moving to € using country and open a new account. Meh.:teardrop:

@psrquack You're usually better shoving rather than calling with marginal hands while you've still got some fold equity. You really have to concentrate on the stack sizes and relevant positions, and you're better off attacking the medium size stacks. Small stacks will shove or call with rubbish in desperation, big stacks will call sometimes just because they can, but medium stacks should  be a bit tighter while they are in a ticket position, should be. It really is a matter of playing as many as you can to get the experience. Hope you can build and have another go. 😃

• Like 2

Finally decent 15th place in betting and 10e but top 5 was so so close. Tomorrow that 10e probably will vanish due to currency fluctuation :geek:

Przechwytywaniefffgfg.JPG.c9c3abdb09db181051bb7fa2d124a19c.JPG.

Why there wasnt a 8 on river :waterfall:. I swear i thought about folding this for a second. Lost also KK<66 in this one. 

#neverlucky  😏

• Like 5

@cris1285 wrote:

@psrquack wrote:

Farewell guys, for me the €1 it too hard atm. Btw less sharks is always good for me.😃

@psrquack yeah, because of the donks, variance cant help you when you have only 1-2 tickets. So try the €2 ones, those are better IMO. If @RayL and/or @JeppeL agree, i would like to send you 2 x 2UO tickets from my account. Hopefully they can do this favour for us, please. 

@RayL is this possible?