The poker chit chat

JeppeL

Lol. I lost almost 10 buyins today 4 tabling NL 4. I ran AQ in AK once, and AJ into AK once in a 3bet pot (both all with a flopped A and about or slightly over 100 BB). I ran AK into A9 two pair (which was probably a bad call from me admittedly, about 150 BB pot). I lost A9 vs AK with a flopped A in a 3bet pot (about 100 BB, probably bad call from me). I ran KK into AA for 200 BB (we went all in on a flop with 3 spades and we both had a spade). I lost straight over straight AQ vs Q9 suited in a 3bet pot (flop came JT8 and turn K and I also had a flush redraw that bricked, lost about 130 BB). I lost 150 BB against an agressive opponent who 3bet from the small blind with A2s, I called with AA setting the trap, flop comes 242 and we are all in on turned 9.  I ran AK into TT for almost 100 BB (all in pre and lost with flopped T). I lost with two pair against a really agressive calling station (I had 67, he had TT , flop was 678, turn K, we went all in on the turn, river was an 8. Lost about 100 BB).  I had K4 vs K9 on a flop with K49 for perhaps about 100 BB. I did win a few big pots too (I won about 100 BB with quad 44 vs opponent who overplayed A3 on A44 flop), but the general trend was downwards.

The table had some pretty aggressive players to my left and the action was pretty fun despite the losses, though I did start tilting a little bit at some point (and made a few bad bluffs, which cost me maybe an extra 150 BB for the whole session, as well as some bluffs that I think were ok but didn't work). My opening ranges are on the looser side and so I ended up playing many 3bet pots (as well as bluff 4betting) vs these aggressive players. Perhaps I'm a bit too loose preflop and need to adjust my opening ranges (as well as tighten call vs 3bet ranges especially with the worse Ax combos like AT and A9), especially against pretty agressive players :D.

• Like 5

@CuteRaven Don't worry, fortune will smile at you tomorrow.

Here some fortune cookie quotes that stuck with me:

- Your road to glory will be rocky, but fulfilling.

- Some fortune cookies contain no fortune.

- If you want the rainbow, you have to tolerate the rain.

😃

• Like 3

I am moving toward being a nit, really cutting down on the hands played and while it tookk some getting used to I am making a little money every day, something I think I need for my confidence.   

However I have discovered that I am really good at HU and am now trying to move up in buy in while still keeping my modest winning pace in tact.   Not opposed to going back down whenever it feels right

• Like 3

Hey guys, im UTG with AKs i opened and then i get allin for 22Bigs and im sitting at the similar stack but i didnt cover him. Maybe i should fold this, was ahead of 3 people and it was FT bounty. To be honest when you win something you need to kill AA or KK in similar spot anyway, but im feeling kinda bad about that call. Some Ax was my hope here.

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

I animalistically did snap call, does that count 😏

Anyway today we also dont see projections/payout. Annoying 😠

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@RayL wrote:

Not sure I understand what's happening here @FreedoM, is this something you'd like us to take a look at? If yes, can you please provide a broader explanation over what's happening?

/Ray

Everything is all right meow, sorry. :happyshy:

Have a nice day. :lovekiss:

• Like 1

@FreedoM wrote:

@RayL  There is a BUG in the Rags to Riches promo,

Can't wait until that crappy promo is finally over! Already looking forward to the final gazillion cans and bags and boxes I have to pick to get a flip ticket!

kUsCyXv

• Like 4
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

So far in riches ive got 2x1e UO and maybe 10x flips. Its not the worst promo ever but when you have 30 tokens and you cant win one freeroll ticket there is something wrong :scared:

After 3rd round elimination there should be at least freeroll ticket, not token. After 2nd maybe 10-20 bonus points. 

• Like 2

@jerry wrote:

So far in riches ive got 2x1e UO and maybe 10x flips. Its not the worst promo ever but when you have 30 tokens and you cant win one freeroll ticket there is something wrong :scared:

After 3rd round elimination there should be at least freeroll ticket, not token. After 2nd maybe 10-20 bonus points. 

I agree, btw 3 community members won the bronze tier, so there is a chance, but it seems not for us.

• Like 2